The Purvis Eureka Forum
Wednesday, 20 March, 2024, 04:35:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This FORUM is brought to you by the members of the Purvis Eureka Car Club of Australia.
Please consider supporting the CLUB and supporting the Marque by becoming a Club Member

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Andrew's Project (Agroeureka)  (Read 78244 times)
cruetoone
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, 06 April, 2010, 09:54:55 AM »

i take it you have not many speed humps in your neck of the wood's it's so low to the ground will the side undersill fit or are you doing a custom job... Wink
but it still looks like it's going to be ahead turner.. Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

Why does every part need a modification or paint

« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, 06 April, 2010, 10:05:08 AM »

Hi

Have not set the spring/ride heights yet as there is some more parts to come from Mr Metalsmith to alow ajustment

Andrew

The height at present is 100mm to base of pan as per rego law call me Mr plow but seriously the front end is just ajusted to allow the ball joints to clear the rims and the front/rear will have coil overs/bags. I will be setting the suspension up to handle, I have friends at Eastern Creek Raceway so a few track days will be required.

"Just add the blower it will be fine" he said

Then all hell broke loose with large amounts smoke
cruetoone
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, 06 April, 2010, 10:19:55 AM »

oh ok  that just went over the top of my head you sure do know what your doing ... Smiley
tmerivale
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, 06 April, 2010, 10:30:35 AM »

one option for you could be to put bigger rims on your masterpiece. depending on what size you have already 1 or 2 inches bigger may see enough room to fix your problem if they are 14's and you went to 15's this would give you approximately an extra 13mm of room. might be a pain to have to buy another set of rims but you could always sell the ones you have for a new pair of the same type in the next size up. im guessing your looking at going the old school style but if im wrong then there are plenty of BIG rims you could get.

its just my thoughts as there would be far less work needed. anyway good luck with your problem. keep us posted champ
Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, 06 April, 2010, 10:48:02 AM »

Hi

Did someone say
17" * 8" Fronts
17" * 10" Rears

Andrew

tmerivale
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, 06 April, 2010, 12:13:42 PM »

just skimmed over the comments through this thread and couldnt find anything with wheel size, i apologise if i missed something. i was going by one of the latest pics being "Eureka 5 4 2010 014 (Large).jpg " when i assumed you were going with old school rims. interested in seeing the rims your going to be using Smiley
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, 06 April, 2010, 09:41:23 PM »

Hey Andrew,
                   I'd've thought you'd be going for a set of filthy 18's at least. I thought my wheels might be in for a bit of competition. I guess not!

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, 06 April, 2010, 11:37:41 PM »

Hi

18"s are i think a bit big (too smaller side wall) also you are limited in tyre choice.
I can get 17"tyres at the right price.

Andew

Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #53 on: Thursday, 08 April, 2010, 02:11:15 AM »

Hi
looks like I will have to look at custom wheels for the right off sets Simon do you have a contact in Australia
Andrew

The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #54 on: Thursday, 08 April, 2010, 10:48:06 AM »

Bru-hah ha ha ha ha ha !!!
                                     Oh mercy! (chuckle snort) no really, good luck there mate. The story of my wheels is long and frustrating and ends up leading me to buy my wheels from the US, as you know. ROH, Speedy, BBS and the now defunct Simmons (good riddance!) all won't want to know you.

Dragway in Vic will be interested but will ask for both your left and right testicles regarding payment. I was quoted at the time around 1.8 to 2.3 G's per wheel, without anodising to my custom offset. You only have a small choice of designs also.

The US place I bought my wheels from CNC machined them to my own design and offset after stringent computer analysis, anodised the centres, assembled them, computer balanced them and shipped them here for far less than I could've had them made in Oz.

Things might've changed in the 4 or so years since I did this, but don't count on it. Call me tomorrow when I'm at work. I have one more bloke to recommend to you, but he won't be cheap either.

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
cruetoone
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, 08 April, 2010, 12:21:14 PM »

Did you ever consider speedy here in australia out at smithfield... Smiley

http://www.speedywheels.com.au/http://
CyCo

« Reply #56 on: Thursday, 08 April, 2010, 12:43:32 PM »

Err, Dave, Speedy was the second one Simon mentioned.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, 08 April, 2010, 01:16:38 PM »

yes i know the rims are cool i was giving andrew an insight to speedy... Wink
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #58 on: Thursday, 08 April, 2010, 09:57:35 PM »

Dave,
         Speedy, like ROH and 99% of every other Oz wheel manufacturer, cast single or 2 piece wheels with a very limited range of offsets, obviously aimed at the volume markets of popular cars eg. Commodore, Falcon, Camry etc. They're not interested in making a new mould to cast a custom offset.

To make a wheel with a custom offset as Andrew needs he'll require a single or a 3 piece wheel either of which is a full machined wheel. Companies that do this in Oz are rare and expensive, like Dragway. If you wanted a standard offset it's open slather. You'd have plenty of choice.

But that's the easy way. And nothing on my reek has been done the easy way.

Simon

Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #59 on: Friday, 09 April, 2010, 12:04:23 AM »

Hi

Thanks for the reply's
Simon's right, off the shelf is cheaper but will not give me the look i am after i have put in too much work to short cut the last part.
I will be at present buying a set of commodore rims and tires off Ebay to keep it on wheels and so i can get to "the weekend".I have found that the sooner you are talking to easy the process becomes with ordering any custom parts or design.
Simon you have told me the story of your wheels and i was hoping the seen in  Australia had improved.
As for off the shelf rims yes there some good looking ones out there most are not DOT approved and I have seen some of the lighter units tare out the centers with high HP/G load applications. (I should stop spending time at race tracks)

Andrew

Ps Simon will you be going to time attack ? Let me know.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: