The Purvis Eureka Forum
Wednesday, 20 March, 2024, 10:33:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: .
WELCOME TO THE FORUM FOR THE PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB OF AUSTRALIA

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WA reek back on the road  (Read 5940 times)
I reek
Forum Member only

« on: Wednesday, 10 July, 2013, 03:35:20 AM »

Posted some photos of my restored reek back on WA roads in a new incarnation

http://s480.photobucket.com/user/eurekacarclub/library/Member%20Rides/Leifs%20rebuild?sort=3&page=1

She uses a remote control circuit modified to include remote immobiliser, canopy lift control, limit switches, and will auto immobilise after a couple of minutes when the key is removed from the ignition.
I've kept the 2L dual carb type 1 engine but with new electronic points and she runs great and will get up and go when I want. The 4 into 2 exhaust is very loud  Evil so I'm thinking of changing the system a little to quieten it down.

Things to finish - the interior upholstery, side windows (including seals & pop-out mechanism for airflow), mounting heating and cooling fans with climate control electronics.

Speaking of side windows, I have some 3mm polycarb ready to go but is there a one piece seal rubber people use? I was going to go with a slotted channel along the top edge as you can see in the photo with a rubber seal attached to the bottom of the polycarb but this creates a problem at the two mounting points where the two separate seals meet. It doesnt look smooth and small gaps are left between seals.

Cheers
Leif
CyCo

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, 10 July, 2013, 11:57:51 AM »

Certainly looking smart!! I especially like the aerocatches on the bonnet. I was thinking of doing the exact same thing! So any close up photos of the instal would be great.   Wink Grin

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

mr_guy99493
Forum Member only

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, 13 July, 2013, 02:51:48 PM »

My reek has electronic points, but began fouling plugs and misfiring above 2500rpm.
Tomorrow will do some fiddling and hit it with the timing light. I think I've figured it out, but damn it was a tricky one to solve.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: