The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 11:16:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This FORUM is brought to you by the members of the Purvis Eureka Car Club of Australia.
Please consider supporting the CLUB and supporting the Marque by becoming a Club Member

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eureka Stock  (Read 10881 times)
GFresh
Forum Member only

« on: Wednesday, 24 July, 2013, 10:47:11 PM »

G'day all,

I'm new here and was referred to this forum from a guy on DSK

The name is George and I'm from Melbourne's East, I normally get my hands dirty on various bits of German metal but this is my first experience with a Eureka

I'm building this for a family friend

See pics, cheers George

I've got these new pan halves ready to weld in on my next break in a couple of weeks, new lines to make and then I'll be tarting the rest of the running gear up ready to go back on to the pan.
shonko
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, 24 July, 2013, 11:51:22 PM »

Welcome. Looking forward to the pictorial of you progress through the build. (you certainly have a shed to make most green with envy)

Welcome to the forum.

Shonko
GFresh
Forum Member only

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, 25 July, 2013, 03:23:58 AM »

Welcome. Looking forward to the pictorial of you progress through the build. (you certainly have a shed to make most green with envy)

Welcome to the forum.

Shonko

Cheers mate, the first shed is in Bendigo, I'm in the process of building a big new shed at home which I can't wait to have up and decked out

25 m x 8.5m at 4.2 wall height  Whistle

CyCo

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, 25 July, 2013, 03:54:31 AM »

Welcome. Looks like a great example to get back on the road, and you're certainly well on the way there. And you're still working on German metal, along with Aussie fiberglass. lol Wink Totally envious of both sheds, current one and the one to be. I really need to get my ass in gear and start work on extending my garage. Hope the council let me. 

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

shonko
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #4 on: Friday, 26 July, 2013, 04:39:42 AM »

My shed is only 13x6x3.2 which I thought was large when I bought the house..........but could always use a bigger shed! Grin

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv152/shonko/current%20project/th_eDSC07472.jpg

BTW in honour of your joining our forum we have named a prince after you!!! Shocked

Cheers !!!!!
radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #5 on: Friday, 26 July, 2013, 05:59:21 AM »

Welcome and yes nice setup there - a hoist would be such a time-saver!

Seems like you have a good starting point for the chassis too - IRS rear, balljoint front.

Looking forward to seeing more progress pics as the build comes along.

Radek.

"Give a car more power and it will be quicker in a straight line. Make a car lighter and it will be quicker everywhere"

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
mr930
Forum Member only

« Reply #6 on: Friday, 26 July, 2013, 07:41:21 AM »

Good to see you made it here. Have a search and you will see the gear lever/handbrake mod I mentioned.
CyCo

« Reply #7 on: Friday, 26 July, 2013, 03:19:32 PM »

My shed is only 13x6x3.2 which I thought was large when I bought the house..........but could always use a bigger shed! Grin

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv152/shonko/current%20project/th_eDSC07472.jpg

BTW in honour of your joining our forum we have named a prince after you!!! Shocked

Cheers !!!!!

You been shopping at Rhino Buggies, haven't you! Will it be complete by the AGM and you're coming down, right? Right!!   Grin Grin

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

shonko
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, 27 July, 2013, 03:00:06 AM »

Your right Cyco,

I am looking forward to towing my kit car with my kit car, believe me.............but it will not be this year  Sad Sad Sad

I have a ways to go.......wiring, plumbing, exhaust, all the interior..........

(sorry to highjack your thread Prince George, I might start a project thread of my own.........I haven't to date 'cause it's not Eureka related)

Shonko
CyCo

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, 27 July, 2013, 08:17:53 AM »

Awesome!! Yeah, start another topic, I'm sure there will be some interest once people realize what you're building. I've been keeping an eye on their website now probably longer than I've had the 'reek.  Wink

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: