The Purvis Eureka Forum
Sunday, 28 April, 2024, 10:20:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: .
WELCOME TO THE FORUM FOR THE PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB OF AUSTRALIA

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 NATIONAL MEET OF THE PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB  (Read 82235 times)
radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, 09 July, 2014, 11:54:39 AM »

Cheesy  Thanks Phil, that's what happens when you just copy and paste the email from the online form itself and not actually check the spelling - one of the email addresses in the form is correct and one's not, and I happened to copy/paste the not-so-perfect one.

Cheers,
Radek.

"Give a car more power and it will be quicker in a straight line. Make a car lighter and it will be quicker everywhere"

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, 09 July, 2014, 11:58:12 AM »

...by the way Phil I think you meant:

natmeet@purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Cheers,
Radek.

"Give a car more power and it will be quicker in a straight line. Make a car lighter and it will be quicker everywhere"

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, 10 July, 2014, 11:38:34 AM »

Woh

Am I getting old or what?   Shocked
I'm deaf, guess I should get my eyes checked again too ha  ha Whistle

Can't believe I missed that. Thanks again.
I edited my mistake just in case.

Also the corrected booking form is now up on the same link and the corrected e-mail address

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
barsted
CLUB Member

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, 10 July, 2014, 11:50:04 AM »

On another note, are we going to be told where we are staying, the basic itinerary for the weekend and any useful contact details for the event, well in advance of the event, or are we going to be forced to ring a week before the event to find out what Motel we are staying at? This is what happened last year and is not the way to make people feel at home when in a strange city.
radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, 10 July, 2014, 11:57:38 AM »

Haha no probs Phil  Cheesy

Looking forward to meeting everyone at this years event, see you all there!

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
Mez
Treasurer
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #35 on: Friday, 11 July, 2014, 06:27:10 AM »

Hi guys and girls,

More information will be put up about the meet in the next couple of days, where all will be revealed -ok maybe not all, we need to keep some surprises up our sleeves!

A general guide and accommodation details will be put up, we don't want our attendees thinking that they will be staying at Federation Square in a cardboard box, its too cold.

Ted, I read your comment regarding last years accommodation details, I am fairly sure you were present the year before (2012) when it was decided that we were going back to Bathurst and staying at the Rydges again the following year (2013), so there shouldn't have been any surprises regarding last years accommodation. Whistle   Grin

Also, those who send their forms in will receive some extra details regarding the weekend which we are getting together, so to those of you who have sent your booking form in, stay tuned.

Everything is booked, so get your forms in because it's going to be a ripper weekend.

Mez  Afro

Purvis Eureka: When whether it starts or not is secondary to how awesome it looks.
barsted
CLUB Member

« Reply #36 on: Friday, 11 July, 2014, 07:10:53 AM »

Good to hear there are details coming. It increases the anticipation if you know what is in store.
And I was NOT at Bathurst 2012, and had no idea where the meeting stayed. Anyway, it is irrelevant whether someone was there the previous year unless you want to limit attendence to past attendees.
The organisers should supply all relevant info ASAP to those who have applied to attend.
I am looking forward to this year especially, to celebrate the 40th anniversary of an event which has brought pleasure to all of us Eureka Nuts!  Thank you Allan.

Ted
Mez
Treasurer
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, 13 July, 2014, 12:02:56 AM »

All good Ted, I thought you were there in 2012 but I was obviously wrong, sorry about that. I agree that the motel information should always be announced and as I have said in my earlier post, information will be supplied to those who have submitted their forms well I advance of the event.

As promised the general details for the meet are as follows:

1. Accommodation:
We will be staying at the Bayview on the Park right opposite the Albert Park Lake, a stones throw from the city.
Friday welcome dinner will also be held at our motel.

2. Saturday drive:
We will be driving to relevant historical places and seeing first hand where it all began, incorporating a surprise or two!

3. Saturday Dinner:
Will be held at Pier 35 right on the waterfront in Port Melbourne. Remember to bring your 70's fancy dress or dust off that leisure suit or disco gear, the 70's are back!

4. Sunday:
Continuing the theme of being in a 70's time warp, we will be displaying Eureka's at the Motorclassica event at the Melbourne Exhibition Building reminiscent of the 1974 Motor Show unveiling.

There are a couple of other things which will also take place, but we are keeping those up our sleeves and all will be revealed at the weekend of the meet.

It really is going to be an event you shouldn't miss and we want to see everyone there whether they have a Eureka or not.

I hope my brief outline answers some questions but if not, please let me know.

Can I also request that if you are coming along, please fill out the appropriate form (member or non member). Please be aware that if you book directly through the hotel and don't use the form, you miss out on attending the dinners, ordering your meet t-shirt and miss out on a special deal we have been able to get through the motel, but most importantly we won't know you are there and won't accommodate for you.

Mez

Edit: Changed the motel name, added Friday night dinner details & booking info.

Purvis Eureka: When whether it starts or not is secondary to how awesome it looks.
barsted
CLUB Member

« Reply #38 on: Sunday, 13 July, 2014, 12:32:12 AM »

Thank you, that is the sort of thing we need to know.

Ted
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, 13 July, 2014, 04:55:59 AM »

Ta for that Mez  Smiley Afro Cheesy

I was really looking forward to this year's Meet as always, but now I'm really, really, really excited about it!!  Smiley Cheesy Grin Cool Afro

And I'm sure you can all imagine what that looks like in a morph suit!! Evil Shocked Grin Shocked Roll Eyes Wink

PP.
for Life

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
D4
Forum Member only

« Reply #40 on: Monday, 14 July, 2014, 08:07:38 AM »

Whistle Whistle "yee Ha" a morph suite with a horn, I doubt even Paul and Richard could pull that off. Shocked Huh? Huh?
Morris
CLUB Member

« Reply #41 on: Friday, 25 July, 2014, 12:31:48 PM »

With the fancy dress theme being 70's is there extra points for people who can show up wearing gear that they bought 40 years ago, have kept all this time and STILL FITS THEM !!! Shocked. Of course to do this they would have be:- old, a hoarder and skinny   Grin.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.
   Morris
Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

Why does every part need a modification or paint

« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, 29 July, 2014, 12:31:48 AM »

Hi All
I have a question regarding the meet
Parking for the trailers is covered or uncovered and if covered what is the height restrictions?

I am organising my trailer and have a choice of covered or uncovered

Andrew

"Just add the blower it will be fine" he said

Then all hell broke loose with large amounts smoke
Mez
Treasurer
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #43 on: Thursday, 31 July, 2014, 12:28:57 PM »

Hey Andrew,

I am fairly sure it's covered, but I will find out for sure and let you all know. I will also let you know the max height.

Cheers,
Mez

Mez
Treasurer
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, 02 September, 2014, 03:25:19 PM »

Andrew,

Undercover parking is available and max height is 2.1m

Mez

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: