The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 30 March, 2024, 11:41:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: .
WELCOME TO THE FORUM FOR THE PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB OF AUSTRALIA

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 NATIONAL MEET PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB  (Read 46386 times)
WYKED1
« Reply #30 on: Friday, 04 October, 2013, 04:11:57 AM »

Ted and anyone else who did not attend last year
No 1 Conrod  Straight
Rydges Hotel

See ya there

James
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, 15 October, 2013, 11:54:00 AM »

angel   On behalf of the Committee I advise that :-

The FORUM will have full access, to all those currently registered on the Forum, during this weekend, in celebration of the 8th NATIONAL MEET in Bathurst 2013 and to stimulate interest in raising awareness, support and in possibly becoming a member of the Club. Whistle

This will commence Friday evening and terminate Monday morning. police

Av A Good One  Grin

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, 16 October, 2013, 05:12:53 AM »

Only 3 more sleeps before we head off  Smiley Cheesy Grin Afro WOO HOO

After a harrowing last few days with the steering column wiring out all over the place and the indicator stalk thingy in a million bits as well as half the dashboard wiring hanging out chasing a phantom earth fault Huh? Cry the excitement is once again mounting. Cool laugh

Stay calm my (medicated) beating heart Tongue

PP.
The Lifer

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
WYKED1
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, 16 October, 2013, 06:33:43 AM »

Yes I was thinking the same thing only 3 more peaceful sleeps.  Grin
Only a little different direction of my thinking
I have pre booked therapy this time just in case the nightmare's start all over again. Evil  Evil
Please think of the children and us before you attend the Saturday Night Fancy Dress  Afro
I am begging you on behalf of all the members take pity on us we can only stomach so much at one time. Cry
See ya there boys Cheesy

Regards

James
WYKED1
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, 17 October, 2013, 08:09:56 AM »

Webgoat and Agroeureka

Can you guys please bring along the club banners so we can display them thanks

regards

James
P.S.
Not long now
the phantom mechanic
Forum Member only

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, 17 October, 2013, 10:02:24 AM »

Have a great time everyone and stay safe, I'll be looking forward to the pics and stories. Well, maybe not all the pics if there are some dress ups like last year!

Anyway good luck and good times

Cheers

Shane
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, 17 October, 2013, 12:59:55 PM »

Banner, no problem KJ. Smiley

Had Rich, my fellow Mighty Morphin' Eureka Ranger Afro around today lending a hand sorting out several bugs, turned the timing light on the rotary which is now running a bit sweeter and a few other bits and pieces then after he went home nearly had another heart stopper. Shocked

A friend of Rhondas rang to say she was stuck in Melbourne and wouldn't be able to pick up her son from primary school before they close at 6:00pm so could we pick him up and mind him until she clears her way to getting back home a few hours later.  The young fella has been at me to take him for a spin every time he comes around so I thought I'd go pick him up in Dweeby and I'd get to take it for a test run at the same time.  His school is in Longwarry about 6 km from home along the back road and all was going well until the fire went out with about 1km left to go and 2 minutes to spare Angry

So I had to run/jog/Cliffy Shuffle/stagger/crawl/gasp Tongue the last km but it all turned out for the best even though the young bloke didn't get to go for a spin because the tilt tray driver let him play with the tilt tray remote controls while Dweeby was up there on it so he was rapt Grin

At least it's only a broken wire on the fuel pump I've got to fix tomorrow (as well as my jelly legs Embarrassed )

PP.
The Lifer

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #37 on: Friday, 18 October, 2013, 01:03:17 AM »

Any plans of meeting up somewhere along the way for those of us North of Sydney?

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #38 on: Friday, 18 October, 2013, 10:43:41 AM »

Hello Cyco
No plans made. I was going to go the same way we ended up going last year to get around the
SNOW :-) But this year it maybe the fire that stop us.
We are leaving my place I hope around 10:30, 11:00 am ish if you want to tagg along.
But all will depend on the fires I suppose.
Cheers.... Darren

CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #39 on: Friday, 18 October, 2013, 03:37:57 PM »

Hi Darren,

Yeah, the fires up the top of the Central Coast today have been quite fierce. I understand some buildings have been lost up Katherine Hill Bay. Heard some fires had been sighted with fires 200 foot tall!! Out fireries certainly have had their work cut our for them.

I'll tag along. Where do you want to meet up?

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #40 on: Friday, 18 October, 2013, 04:41:21 PM »

As a heads up from those traveling to Bathurst from the south, there are bushfires near Tumut and Book Book, and 4 around Griffth. All are marked as being under control. It seems to leave a clear run between the two lots of fires (that's still some 300 klicks), along either the Newell Hwy (through Narrandera) or Olympic Hwy (through Wagga Wagga). The sheer bulk of the fires are along the coast line. Lithgow (the route I'd say Darren and myself would most likely have taken), lost upwards of 40 houses there. So we're most likely going to have to head on a long detour north to head south west to Bathurst, adding 2 hours onto our trip.

Hopefully most of you have already headed north and are past these fires.

Travel safe people.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Morris
CLUB Member

« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, 22 October, 2013, 12:37:41 PM »

Hi all I arrived home about 8.30 pm. after a trouble free run. Thanks to Paul and Richard as travel mates. A major thank you to the people who organized the meet. Another job well do as usual.

Regards to all Morris.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, 22 October, 2013, 02:26:49 PM »

I got home a while ago, then flaked out. Not long got back up!  lol

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

INSTRO
CLUB Member

« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, 23 October, 2013, 07:35:51 AM »

Hi All , thanks for a great weekend ,many thanks to Paul for the Rota fix, made home at 10.00 pm . We must have looked  good on our  way into Melbourne , a very new looking Lotus joined our convoy. Richard L.

The Mighty Morhin' Eureka Rangers!
(Be afraid, be very afraid   )
vonkje
Forum Member only

« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, 23 October, 2013, 11:13:40 AM »

well we made it home!
 had to change ANOTHER trailer tire about 100 k from home. ted is getting very good at roadside tire changes Smiley. he has also got a'to do' list...buy 2 new tires for a start , change the location of the spare, fix the ferking fuel pump and change the lifters lol.this is good! keeps him in the shed for a while longer! angel laugh

Thanks to all the hard workers for another great meet! i enjoyed the drives (but not the roadside stops Sad)i'm very sorry that we didn't make it to Orange i would have enjoyed the gardens. it was also very nice to have some free time when i could curl up with a book and relax. i look forward to seeing everyone in Balina!

Cheers
vonkje
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: