The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 11:37:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This FORUM is brought to you by the members of the Purvis Eureka Car Club of Australia.
Please consider supporting the CLUB and supporting the Marque by becoming a Club Member

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bendigo Fires - Stuart  (Read 9213 times)
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« on: Monday, 09 February, 2009, 10:44:57 PM »

Hey Stuart!
                With all the major fires happening in Vic at the moment I was hoping you and yours are well away and safe from it all. Apparently Bendigo lost several streets to the fire. Drop us a line and let us know how you, the family and your reek are.

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
StuFarny
Forum Member only

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, 10 February, 2009, 07:12:40 AM »

Hi Simon,

Yeh, we are all OK!
The fires were on the other side of Bendigo! Unfortunate for them, one guy lost his life, and a whole street of houses went up.

On Sunday I went to Hanging Rock, Paul and Morris were going to go, but due to the fire situation in Gippsland, they were unable to attend. I think we should be more concerned with Paul Patton, as fires were close to Druin. How did things turn out Paul?

Anyway my trip to Hanging Rock normally takes less than an hour, but it took us 2 hours due to the roads being blocked and we had to take detour's. Silly me decided to take the back road, instead of the main freeway, which was still open.

Had a great day out at Hanging Rock, 4 Guys (James, Phil, Paul (I think) and His dad) came over from Adelaide. And we all met up at Hanging Rock for the day.

On the Fire Front, Mary & Dragon had property in direct line of the fires, and were talking to James on the phone at the Car Show, about how they had to help evacuate Mary's Sister from the Whittlesea area, where fires did some huge damage. Mary & Dragon had been up all night, and were intending to go to Hanging Rock also.

I hope all those we know here on the ECCA website and were directly affected by the fires are all ok?

Stu

Mez
Treasurer
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, 10 February, 2009, 07:25:08 AM »

Good to hear you are safe from the fires Stuart!

Our farm property north of Broadford is still in danger but my sisters house is now ok, the winds changed southerly so it pushed the fire north away from her house, the Whittlesea area is now a refuge for those who have lost homes in Kinglake and Wandong.

The fires to the east where both Paul and Morris live are still being fought and our thoughts are with them and hope that they come away from this terrible tragedy without any loss of property, animals and hope that most importantly that they are safe.

Sorry we missed Hanging Rock and it was good to see you held the flag high for us Stuart! We did manage to catch up with the S.A. boys for dinner in Ballarat after all was safe at our end, and what a night it was!

For any of you out there affected by these fires, our thoughts are with you.

Mary.

Purvis Eureka: When whether it starts or not is secondary to how awesome it looks.
cruetoone
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, 10 February, 2009, 07:43:57 AM »

Ive been thinking of you all down that way since i heard about the fires ...
Be safe you guy's i'm thinking of you all ... if i had a mansion for you guys to stay in up here
i'd say secure your homes and come up here till it all blows over ...

once again my thoughts are with you all an your family..
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, 10 February, 2009, 01:15:06 PM »

G'day gang,

Thanks for all your kind thoughts, much appreciated.

We are fine here in Drouin after the scariest day of our lives on Saturday.  We finished up being unscathed but if it wasn't for the 2 Elvis fire crane helicopters and the 25 fire trucks that spent most of the afternoon in our driveway and along McGlone Road where we live we would probably be looking down on you all from that big Eureka Stockade in the sky.  Seriously.

Spewing I missed Hanging Rock as it's a terrific day out but I was otherwise occupied you might say but glad you all enjoyed it and sorry I missed the dinner Saturday night too.

PP.
ps, if you thought Dweebys paintwork was pretty awful before you should see it now since the fire sludge has settled on it  Shocked  Cry

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, 11 February, 2009, 03:11:03 AM »

Glad to hear you loat are all ok, been thinking about you down there amongst the fires. Be safe people.

Smiley

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Toxic-Rock
Forum Member only

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, 11 February, 2009, 11:10:53 AM »

Hi Paul, Rhonda, Morris, Dragan Mary and Stuart
its been long time since I have felt the need to put my two bits worth in. Im so happy to hear that you have passed through these dark times, relatively unscathed. I hope all your loved ones are also ok. Please take all due care, a house is not fair trade for a life. Thinking of you all,
Glenn
shonko
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, 11 February, 2009, 01:51:12 PM »

Glad all our favorite VIC's are safe and well......(and their drivers!!!! Tongue)

Remember, life, eureka, house..........in that order!

Stay safe!

Shonko
Iama Ardfark
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, 12 February, 2009, 01:16:37 PM »

Damn it Paul, you'll have to wash it. VERY happy to hear all is fine and well, although too close. Annoying for us so far away with all news being headline only, but I so clearly remember Warburton during Ash Wednesday in my youth, and my heart goes out to all. It is a bad bad thing for everybody, as this is so much worse. Those firefighters are incredible.

Phil

Wadya mean I CAN'T work on the Reek today ??
cruetoone
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, 14 February, 2009, 07:26:01 AM »

We should all take a moment to grieve for one who died in suspicious circumstances at home recovering from fire fighting that day... He could help others but not him self in a fire!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: