The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 09:59:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FIND US ON FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/groups/purviseureka/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Front undersil help  (Read 8959 times)
Gravelsandwich
Forum Member only

« on: Monday, 02 February, 2009, 02:05:57 AM »

The previous owner of my Eureka cut the inside out of the front undersil without much attention to detail. I want to fill it back in and do it properly. The only way is to get a second hand undersil or if someone can take a mold of the section thats been cut out. If anyone has a spare sill for sale or i'll pay for a mold to be done (not the whole undersil,just the fill in bit i need). Please let me know.
You can see in the pic the bit thats been cut out.

thanks,
Liam....... 

Did you sing out honey? I'm in the garage!
cruetoone
« Reply #1 on: Monday, 02 February, 2009, 02:58:38 AM »

Hey Liam , Has a small custom grill to hide the gap an fans been a thought it would be unique ...
Iama Ardfark
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #2 on: Monday, 02 February, 2009, 06:03:34 AM »

G'day Liam
you are in luck...you don't need a mold or another undersil. Judging from the photos, the cut is very even to the shape. So if you get a piece of plastic (heavy duty stuff from Bunnings etc ), attach it in and use it as the smooth side for your fibreglass which can be laid straight in....can do the same on the insidewell.Remove the plastic and u will have a good smooth surface
However I would ask what you want to do, as that is one huge radiator needing a lot of cooling air coming through. The previous suggestion is a good one...a pretty grill would be very practical. Also if you plan to fill the existing hole in and then cut additional holes, the strength will be very low.
One other bit of experience...it is virtually impossible to use any electric sanding equipment in that particular section of the undersil, so you need to consider just how much hand sanding you want to do in bringing it up mto standard

Phil

Wadya mean I CAN'T work on the Reek today ??
Gravelsandwich
Forum Member only

« Reply #3 on: Monday, 02 February, 2009, 01:39:38 PM »

Thanks for your replys.

Yes, filling it in with a grill is probably the best (and easyest)way around it, The cut out is a little rough for my liking but the thought has entered my head to edge it with a rubber mold, something from Clark Rubber and use stainless steel wieve mesh as the grill. Basiclly i was going to fill everything back in and then cut a new opening for the radiator neater and cleaner. But it is a lot of work!!

Thanks,
Liam......

Did you sing out honey? I'm in the garage!
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, 05 February, 2009, 02:54:28 PM »

My undersill is butchered as well, way worse than yours. But instead of the front being butchered, mine was hacked up on the bottom, underneath the car.

My idea was to put a grill under there as well. I was thinking a plastic grill, to help eliminate the noise from any stones kicking up and hitting the underside of the car.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, 07 February, 2009, 04:53:00 AM »

You guys need a shop not a forum a butchered shop..ahahahaheehee
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: