The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 30 March, 2024, 12:23:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FIND US ON FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/groups/purviseureka/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Andrews warning to all  (Read 10661 times)
Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

Why does every part need a modification or paint

« on: Saturday, 21 January, 2012, 02:33:20 AM »

Hi
On Monday I went to the doctors had some swelling on my side thought it was from lying under my cars (I have a few)
Had an ultra sound, blood tests every thing looked fine doctor said “we could do a CT scan but I don’t think you need it”
After talking with the doctor we agreered that I would get it anyway just to make shore everything was all right.
Got the results and as the doctor was reading them she turned white and all most fell off her chair and was desperately trying to ring some one I said what’s up.
She was trying to contact a heart surgeon to look at me this was at 6pm at night
It turns out that I have an aortic aneurysm that means that my aorta is 8.5cm across instead of 3cm so I am now booked for open heart surgery on the 7th of February   so my advice is

GET YOUR SELF CHECKED WHEN YOU DO NOT FEEL RIGHT AND GO THE EXTRA MILE

I could have died at any time in seconds.
So I will not be at the annual meet again with my car as I can not work on it for around 6 months
But I will go this year as I have missed a few and have realised work sucks and is not that important

Andrew

"Just add the blower it will be fine" he said

Then all hell broke loose with large amounts smoke
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, 21 January, 2012, 06:06:52 AM »

Flock mate,
                 Don't scare me like that! Sincere best wishes for the 7th. Your advice is spot-on. Theres been too many close calls to many of us over the past year or two. Regular check-ups are no longer something to put off till later.

Do you remember the flat black XY GT that was in my workshop around the times you visited? The owner who was an good Army mate of mine went sideways into a power pole a month ago in a supercharged Statesman and is no longer with us. Poo like that makes us all feel a bit more fragile and thankful for what we have.

Your reek can wait mate. We can see it whenever it's finished.

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
Toxic-Rock
Forum Member only

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, 21 January, 2012, 07:23:29 AM »

Best wishes Andrew,

Your right about work, life's too short, play hard and enjoy the ride!! But don't muck with your health. Bugger, why are all the fun things bad for us?

Take care and see you at the National meet.

Regards

Rock
the phantom mechanic
Forum Member only

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, 21 January, 2012, 11:50:49 PM »

This one hits close to home, my dad died from the same thing. He had his tests and never got to the follow up appointment. Wish you all the best for your surgery and a speedy recovery
Cheers
Shano
WYKED1
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, 22 January, 2012, 01:07:51 AM »

Andrew.

On behalf of the committee and all the members we wish you good luck and a speedy recovery after your operation.
I am one of those people that don't go to have things checked very much just get on with it and I know that it's not the right way to do it.
We want you at the next meet and when the time is ready you will be able to bring your car but the important thing is you.
Again all the best for you and your family at this point in time
seeya in Bathurst mate

Best Wishes from

James and everyone in Eureka Land
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, 22 January, 2012, 08:39:49 AM »

Damn! Just look after yourself Andrew. The 'reek will still be there in 6 months.

Wink

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

bushboy
Forum Member only

« Reply #6 on: Monday, 23 January, 2012, 02:23:54 AM »

Andrew,
All the best for 7th Feb from all the Nova Nuts in the UK.

Last month I went to the doctor with a pain in my chest, thought it was froma painful shoulder I had & still have.  After an ECG I was wisked off in an ambo with the blues & two's on, scared my wife waiting in the waiting room.  Lots of blood tests, about 7 more ECG's & a chest X ray & they cant find any thing.

It certainly wakes you up & makes you think.  So I start a new job in March, 30 miles closer to home & more free time to spend with my family.

Take care

Bushboy

Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #7 on: Monday, 23 January, 2012, 10:36:02 AM »

Hi
Thanks for the wishes
I have seen a leading heart surgeon now and I will be having 2 procedures now one on the 7th and the major on the 10th.
I am presently packing up my projects and treating exposed steel to allow for the 6 month delay in progress

Andrew

shonko
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, 24 January, 2012, 12:51:57 AM »

Good luck Andrew..............lucky you found it in time mate. Now just do the things you need to do to make a full recovery.

See you in Bathurst.
Shonko.
radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, 24 January, 2012, 05:26:25 AM »

The best of luck for both the 7th and 10th Andrew!  We'll all hold our fingers crossed for you.  Stow the car away for as long as it needs to be - afterall its there for you as another enjoyment in life rather than a task to be done within your life.

Once again best of luck and if you're all recovered in time, see you at Bathurst.

Radek

"Give a car more power and it will be quicker in a straight line. Make a car lighter and it will be quicker everywhere"

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #10 on: Friday, 17 February, 2012, 12:37:46 AM »

Hi
Well i am back
Have had my two operations back at home now still in pain but each day it's getting less
Have rehabilitating starting next week will find out then when I can get back to working on my car

Andrew

PS the auortia end up being 9.1-9.5 cm

the phantom mechanic
Forum Member only

« Reply #11 on: Friday, 17 February, 2012, 01:57:34 AM »

Good to have you back Andrew! Recover well and in the meantime at least you can do some research and planning. Thanks for posting the initial warning, well done bud, us blokey blokes need a reminder too often. take it easy and look forward to many more posts. Cheers Shane.
magooster
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #12 on: Friday, 17 February, 2012, 04:19:45 AM »

Hi Andrew

sounds like the worst is over (good news I bet)
 and while you have been waiting you have probably
 changed and thought of a few more Ideas to do
 with the Reek just remember (its not a job its an adventure/journey
 that will put a smile on your dial)
 Im doing the full blood Test next week,you have reminded me
 that we are not bullet proof and we all need a tune up/oil change
 now and again.
 stay well
 Ken
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #13 on: Friday, 17 February, 2012, 01:58:17 PM »

Just take it easy for a while Andrew, no need to rush things.

Smiley

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: