The Purvis Eureka Forum
Thursday, 25 April, 2024, 01:17:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This FORUM is brought to you by the members of the Purvis Eureka Car Club of Australia.
Please consider supporting the CLUB and supporting the Marque by becoming a Club Member

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012 NATIONAL MEET PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB of AUSTRALIA  (Read 59212 times)
redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, 16 October, 2012, 11:07:14 AM »

rear cv joint decided to part ways,bolts were lose and must have had only 2 holding and I spun the rears on 1 of the sharp turns heading up the steepest part and they let go.
put the 4 undamaged bolts back in and was going again, made it home with no probs.
...Darren
Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

Why does every part need a modification or paint

« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, 16 October, 2012, 11:11:12 AM »

Hi

Glad alls ok

Ive had the same thing happen to me years age found the wheel bearing was going as well as i was putting the bolts back in

Andrew

"Just add the blower it will be fine" he said

Then all hell broke loose with large amounts smoke
Morris
CLUB Member

« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, 16 October, 2012, 01:20:20 PM »

Hi all
 Got home safe and well at 9.30. Thanks to all for an exellent weekend. Also a great job done by our faithfull leaders. Full credit must go to you for the organisation of the event.
  Again THANKS TO ALL
  Morris.
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, 16 October, 2012, 01:56:27 PM »

Like Morris said, we had a top time and many thanks must go to the organisers for putting together such an excellent weekend. laugh Grin Smiley Cheesy

Both my Reeks made it up and back under their own steam this year and apart from me forgetting to put the oil filler cap back on the Dweebster Whistle before we left this morning they ran like clockwork ... well, ok, like very noisy clockwork!  Tongue

And for those of you who weren't emotionally traumatised enough by Richard's and my exquisite choice of costumes fear not,

THERE WILL BE PHOTOS, but not tonight.....

signed,

The Mighty Morhin' Eureka Rangers!
(Be afraid, be very afraid  Evil )

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, 16 October, 2012, 03:01:23 PM »

And for those of you who weren't emotionally traumatised enough by Richard's and my exquisite choice of costumes fear not,

Please note, that the Richard in question isn't me, but the other Dick.   Cheesy

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, 16 October, 2012, 05:08:59 PM »

Just got in home just after mid night
15hrs straight through.

Lots of issues on the way, but nothing too serious.

Wishing a safe journey to those still on the road.

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
magooster
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, 17 October, 2012, 07:58:52 AM »

Hi all
 we have just got home, stayed in Mildura overnight
 total Kilometres 2,795 including the
Jen. Caves.
 had a great wk/end with a great bunch of people
 by for now
 Ken and Kai.
INSTRO
CLUB Member

« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, 17 October, 2012, 08:52:47 AM »

Thanks to all , had a great time .
Thanks to Paul for the use of Dweeby , and black/white suit. Evil
Bit cold in Victoria.
                  Richard L (  The Other Dick , The Other Eureka Ranger)

The Mighty Morhin' Eureka Rangers!
(Be afraid, be very afraid   )
vonkje
Forum Member only

« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, 17 October, 2012, 09:25:21 AM »

we are home safe and sound  Smiley had to replace an fan belt idler pullyo n the comodore in coffs harbour and installed it in the repco parking lotearly this morning...very nice well supplied repco in coffs! thank goodness. rest of trip went well..no rain or snow. nice and warm up here by the way   Smiley

Thanks to the executive for all their hard work in organizing such a great weekend!  we really enjoyed seeing everyone again and ted was over the moon being able to talk reek for 3 days straight!!!! now you have a whole year to recover before he does it again!!!!

365 days and counting!

thanks everyone!!!!

vonkje
The Bat
Forum Member only

« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, 17 October, 2012, 09:57:19 AM »

G’day all, well like Phil we had a few dramas on the way home but we made it O.K. We ended up pushing through arriving home at 0130 Mon morning. A big thanks to all who helped with the car & trailer on Sunday night. Had a great time at the meet and thanks to all who purchased goodies. For info the club has NO old logo stock left.
Hope everyone got home safe.

The right reverend BAT

I'm not saying I'm BAT MAN it's just we havn't been seen together in the same room
WYKED1
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, 17 October, 2012, 10:14:23 AM »

Just got home now will put up a post after something to eat and drink

R

James
WYKED1
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, 17 October, 2012, 12:10:17 PM »

OK dinner finished.

First a big thankyou to everyone that chipped in to help with the National Meet it could not have been done without you. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Now what a event these meets could not take place without you the member attending and making them unbelievable. Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

You know the old saying what happens on the road stays on the road ( not going to happen here ) Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle
we will when the pics start flowing show everyone whether they like it or not what some of our members are made of. Roll Eyes Shocked Grin Cry

Why should the member's that attended be the only one's scarred for life when we can let you in to their weird little fantasies for all to see ( have I wetted your appetite yet with that comment ) just wait till you see it for yourself and you to will have nightmares.

Joke's aside it was terrific to see members putting themselves into the theme well done to everyone.

Now to introduce you to your new committee for 2013

President   James ( Wyked 1 ) you had your chance to change it and you blew it.
Vice President  Peter ( Green Reek ) a BIG welcome to Peter
Secretary  Paul ( Racer 93 )
Treasurer  Trevor ( STUD )
Committee as follows
Mary ( Mez )
Phil  (Philinsa )
Jeff  ( The Bat )
Allan ( Allan )
Andrew (Agroeureka ) a BIG welcome also to Andrew
I have used their nicknames also so if you see them on you know who they are

Now State Coordinators

QLD.      Steve Otter ( Boxertrix ) a BIG welcome to Steve
N.S.W.   Andrew ( Argoeureka )
Vic.       Paul ( Webcoat )
S.A.       Paul ( Racer 93 )
still waiting for the other states to offer a name.

That's enough from me now got get everything sorted before hitting the sack.

Regards

James  Afro

fred80
CLUB Member

« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, 17 October, 2012, 01:13:30 PM »

Hi all.  Arrived home at 8.10 p.m. tonight.  Had a good trip with no issues.  Thank you to everybody who attended the Meet and made it a great weekend.  A big thank you to all those that helped.  It was great catching up with old friends and making new friends with members who attended their first Meet.  Looking forward to next year's Meet.  Paul and Richard L. please leave those outfits home!!!
Trev

Racer93
Forum Member only

« Reply #58 on: Thursday, 18 October, 2012, 01:30:29 AM »

Hi All, we arrived home safely around 8.30 last night, no dramas.

On behalf of the committee, i would like to Thank those of you who attended Bathurst  and made it another successful National Meet. It was great to catch up with old members and meet new ones.A Big Thank You.

To James,Rita, Trevor & Julie, their hardwork and effort behind the scenes should not go unnoticed....A Big thank You from the rest of the committee, and also to the committee for their help and support.Once again you have pulled off another successful meet. Well Done.

To our Sponsors, without them, these National Meets could not continue without their financial support. Another Big Thank You.

This year we have had some extra support through various members donating items in support of this club. Mary & Dragan .... Autographed photo from John Bowe, Jeff  & Cheryl ....... Bottle of Ports (and the Special number 1 bottle), David Fromm........ Bottle of Brandy ( Hope you enjoy April) and to Morris's son ......... Bathurst Mirror, a Big thank you from the committee for your support. (and anyone else i may have forgotten)

And James........What happens in Mildura , stays in Mildura...... Wink Wink Whistle Whistle Whistle

To Allan & April , it was a pleasure to see you again , and hope you had a great time in Bathurst, thank you for your support.

Thanks again every one and look forward to seeing you in Bathurst again next year, if not sooner.

Regards
Paul & Liz
(pussy & pussy's trainer)
Mez
Treasurer
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #59 on: Friday, 19 October, 2012, 05:55:14 AM »

What an amazing weekend!

It was great to catch up with everybody this year and it wasn't without it's dramas. It seems to be the time of year when the Eureka wants to show you who's boss and decides to break down or just simply not want to co-operate!

Our trailer was fixed after cracking a wheel bearing somewhere between Kilmore and Bathurst and we left Bathurst at about 2pm Monday with 4 new wheel bearings, 4 new tyres and an empty wallet. The Eureka didn't get out much at all over the weekend, but at least we didn't tow it home broken or drive it home on fire which was the case last time we were at Bathurst!  Shocked

Saturday night dinner was full of laughs thanks to everyone who took the time out to dress up. Paul and Richard L, those morph suits really should have come with an merkin!! To those of you who are coming along next year up the ante and get all dressed up, it really makes the night more memorable and fun.

I would like to thank all those people who made the event a success, in particular James and Trevor. Thanks also to the sponsors and those who contributed items for the auction and it goes without saying that a big thank you also goes to those who placed bids.

Just 1 last thing, how good were our meet shirts this year?! Well done Shane and the team at Joust, the shirts were exceptional and a real stand out.

Glad to hear everyone got home safely and can't wait until the next meet.

Mez  Afro - Still lovin' the afro!

Purvis Eureka: When whether it starts or not is secondary to how awesome it looks.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: