The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 20 April, 2024, 03:41:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This FORUM is brought to you by the members of the Purvis Eureka Car Club of Australia.
Please consider supporting the CLUB and supporting the Marque by becoming a Club Member

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Think I've caught the bug!  (Read 5557 times)
Gravelsandwich
Forum Member only

« on: Monday, 09 February, 2009, 05:41:39 AM »

I got my first taste of Eureka-mania last night.

Somebody mentioned to me that the Rockhampton Car Club hold an open meet on the first saturday night of each month at a shopping carpark. So i thought i'd take a drive over, show em my car and have a chat. i figured there might be a dozen cars or so on show and a small group of blokes standing around.
To my amazement there was a large crowd of people and there would have been around 100 cars, mainly hotrods, mustangs, corvets, and every other American and Australian mussle car you can think of, old and new!!
 So i drive through in my rotary Eureka (which stuck out like a sore thumb) and before i could park and hop out, a crowd had gathered around and were gobsmacked by the Eureka "roof lifting show".Feeling a little conspicious i took off and left my car to the crowd.
 By the end of the night i was all talked out and was trying to answer the same questions with a differant answer, just to avoid repeating myself.
 In all it was a great night and chatting to a few of the Car Club members they said it was one of the biggest meets yet. noteabley missing from the meet were the rice burners, 4 cylinders and most cars japanese accept for a couple of rx7's. I was assured that Eureka's are welcome to park among the mussle cars (despite the rotary). Most comments were "what the hell is that" and "i haven't seen one of those in years". It's nice to know the old Eureka's are well accepted, the Bolwell is the only other kit car i know of that earns that right among this lot.

So yes, i've caught the bug  and will be looking for more!
Liam..     

Did you sing out honey? I'm in the garage!
cruetoone
« Reply #1 on: Monday, 09 February, 2009, 06:09:18 AM »

100 cars you say stangs an vet's a photograhers paradise what time does it start an which carpark...
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #2 on: Monday, 09 February, 2009, 11:11:03 AM »

And that, my friends, is what it's all about!

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
cruetoone
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, 14 February, 2009, 07:33:10 AM »

aint that the truth.... Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: