The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 20 April, 2024, 08:40:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This FORUM is brought to you by the members of the Purvis Eureka Car Club of Australia.
Please consider supporting the CLUB and supporting the Marque by becoming a Club Member

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To all NSW registered reeks  (Read 5976 times)
ireek
Forum Member only

« on: Saturday, 14 January, 2012, 05:32:28 AM »

HI, my car was registered as a VW coup but now is registered as Purvis Eureka. If at the RTA the make is Purvis and model is Eureka. They will not find it under Volkswagon as they have Purvis listed as its own make. This may help people with new or existing rego to have them classified as correct.

Anthony
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, 14 January, 2012, 02:45:56 PM »

Ah interesting.

Mine is registered as a VW coupe. Did it cost you anything to change it over? Did you have to take it over the pits?

And is there any benefit of changing it to a Purvis Eureka on the rego papers?

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

midmount
CLUB Member

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, 14 January, 2012, 11:26:36 PM »

Hi Gang
Looking forward to getting together again at the nats. we all live so faraway. when i built my car back in
1980, the papers said purvis eureka,then about 5 years later they changed it.to vw sedan. then 10 years
after that thay changed it to vw beetle. a few years ago i went in and asked them to get it right.told me
i would have to take it to an engineer to get it changed. I told them #%&@$*. i think this shows how good there records are, NOT.
So the moto of the story is , i drive a convertable, and it can be anything i want it  to be.
  Midmount
redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, 15 January, 2012, 10:33:10 PM »

my eureka is registered as a Purvis Eureka, when I got it registered 1st off it had a normal vw chassis number then all of a sudden the regoe papers had just a number 6 as the chassis number ,don't know what happened,had to get a blue slip to get the records changed back to the proper number ,with the single number I couldn't get a green slip because the number wasn't long enough ( if I stayed with the one insurer it was not picked up ,but getting a new quote picked it up) other wise I would have left it.   
ireek
Forum Member only

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, 17 January, 2012, 09:01:55 AM »

Hi Cyco,

I have mine on club rego now so it was just like rego renewal. It was just plain luck to get the lady I did as I had asked before to have it changed and the other lady wasnt interested. The advantage now is if you want it changed you know how to find it in their computer. If you didnt do it at rego I suppose they may charge I think $18 to reprint your papers.so
Make : Purvis
Model : Eureka sports
        : Eureka PL30
        : Eureka F4

Anthony
WYKED1
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, 17 January, 2012, 09:30:59 AM »

Thats excellent Anthony
that only adds value to our cars when they get recognition from the gov
regards
James
Pages: [1]   Go Up