The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 10:14:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radeks Project  (Read 47392 times)
radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #30 on: Sunday, 20 January, 2013, 11:24:48 PM »

Yep as Richard mentioned I just ordered the headlight surrounds from Noreca's Moon-Ace GT.  I found my old emails so for those interested I ordered them a bit over a year ago for  USD $200 + USD $150 for shipping to give you an idea of approx. cost (it may have changed).  I'm really happy with them and they fitted perfectly in place.

"Give a car more power and it will be quicker in a straight line. Make a car lighter and it will be quicker everywhere"

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
CyCo

« Reply #31 on: Monday, 21 January, 2013, 10:41:42 AM »

Oddly enough, I can't see that photo of the Moon-Ace GT headlight pods on your car any more.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #32 on: Monday, 21 January, 2013, 09:37:38 PM »

fixed.

"Give a car more power and it will be quicker in a straight line. Make a car lighter and it will be quicker everywhere"

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, 28 February, 2013, 12:58:36 AM »

Quick update, car is getting closer and I am about half way through the interior (the harder half thankfully). Invested in an old industrial sewing machine off eBay and spent some time reading upholstery books. my work's not going to win awards but i'm having fun.  So far seats and dash are done, so is steering wheel, hand brake, rear window tunnel, Side arm rests on canopy and side door pockets.

I'll post a pic of the interior once fully done, but for now here's a quick one of the seats and dash

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
shonko
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, 28 February, 2013, 07:22:09 AM »

Hi Radek,

It is hard to tell what type of material that is in the photos. What is it and where did you get it from?

Also I won't be the last person to tell you the light coloured dash with reflect on your windscreen while you're driving..........but if it is an issue for you when you are finished I am sure you can sort it.

Interesting to watch your build, thanks for sharing. Well done!  Smiley

Regards
Shonko
radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, 28 February, 2013, 08:33:47 AM »

The original gloss black vinyl was pretty bad on reflections, hopefully being matt finish it'll be a bit better - time will tell. I might have to wear Polarised glasses to see past the glare, or yeah come up with a solution. I am using leather for everything. Found a great place to buy it from too - italia cuoi in dandenong are of Melbourne.  They supply commonly to the oem's and I paid less for good auto-grade leather from them than what I could find auto-grade vinyl from other places! 

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
CyCo

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, 28 February, 2013, 03:04:00 PM »

Wow, that's a great first effort!!  Smiley

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

shonko
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #37 on: Thursday, 28 February, 2013, 11:09:38 PM »

italia cuoi, that's good to know thanks
radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, 06 March, 2013, 09:38:26 PM »

Finally started on the outside assembly.  Another few nights and at least from the outside it'll be complete.

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
ireek
Forum Member only

« Reply #39 on: Thursday, 07 March, 2013, 10:13:26 AM »

Hi,

Looks very nice, what is the colour
radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #40 on: Thursday, 07 March, 2013, 10:58:30 AM »

Thanks.  Colour's an orange candy - metallic silver base, followed by a mixture of alsa candy mandarine orange and paint with pearl bright orange candy, followed by a gold ghost pearl and clear.  When it's fully assembled from the outside I'll roll it out into the sun and take some pics to show the effect.

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
the phantom mechanic
Forum Member only

« Reply #41 on: Thursday, 07 March, 2013, 11:09:16 AM »

Looking very smooth......got that dash in yet?
radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #42 on: Thursday, 07 March, 2013, 11:50:50 AM »

Its in there, but missing some bits still - buttons, dials etc.  Will post that up in the next week or so.

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
CyCo

« Reply #43 on: Thursday, 07 March, 2013, 01:54:07 PM »

Looking very Mickey Mouse!

Grin

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #44 on: Monday, 09 September, 2013, 01:00:10 PM »

A bit of an update.

So I completed the build a couple months back but since the car is a kit car, VicRoads requires the car to be re-engineered if the rego is not current.  Anyway since I have to go through the engineering process and since the EJ20 that was in it needed a rebuild, I've been building the car up in the way I intended a few years down the track.

Here's the car's interior when it was all done (now in pieces to wire-in the new motor)

...and the car visually complete:

After those pics I've pulled the car apart again, pulled out the transaxle, motor, engine loom, ECU, disc brakes and wheel hubs and began the next stage of the build.

I ended up ordering in wheel hubs and calipers off a 944 from the US, together with new rotors.
After a bit of fabricating (mostly for the e-brake) here's the rear brakes on and complete:

... and here's the fronts dummy fitted (I still have to do a fair bit of work to get the fronts on)

The next fun part of the build is the engine and gearbox.  I ended up buying an un-finished project car, but since the whole thing wouldn't fit on my trailer we cut it in half and took the bits of value.

It's a 1995 model WRX STI.

To make use of the STI gearbox I've gone the Subarugears route.

Here's the original pinion with the gears removed, sitting next to the new reversed pinion.

and here it is just before putting it all back together

Oh and since I am no longer using the VW stud pattern, I had to change the wheels too.  Shame as I did like the Neale wheels, but anyway ended up getting a set of rims off a 944 and spent some time stripping, sanding and polishing them.

Apart from that I also up-rated the rear torsion bars to 28mm, changed every bush in the rear to urethane and installed a set of adjustable spring plates.  With the STI motor pushing things along I guess I just want to tighten things up where possible.

Now to finish the front brakes, change all the front bushings to urethane, install the engine and gearbox, wiring loom, ecu, brake master cylinder, hydraulic clutch, side intrusion bars and it'll be done...

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: