The Purvis Eureka Forum
Wednesday, 24 April, 2024, 06:04:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My DRB (Maruader)  (Read 6667 times)
Phat Bug
Forum Member only

« on: Wednesday, 23 November, 2011, 10:36:35 PM »

Some of you may recall me showing you some pics of my DRB 12 months ago looking like this............

Since then a little work has been done, although many other VW projects have seem to got in the way.
The most exciting news is I've been in contact with Dennis Bedford (of DRB sports cars fame)
Who has confirmed that this is one of 2 DRBs he made, before the moulds being sold on, changed a bit and the cars then being called the marauder. How excitings that! Kind of like a Maruader prototype, if you will.

Like I said a little progress has been made......

Phat Bug
Forum Member only

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, 23 November, 2011, 10:41:37 PM »

The car will not be getting painted, as in my eyes, nature has done a wonderful job of giving the car some character.
It has obviously been polished up and I'm suprised at how well the paint is coming up, still would like to give it a light sand and another buff though.
I've been collecting parts for it too, including some 15x6 & 15x7in Porsche Fuchs, which I'm hoping to have mounted and the suspension sorted (dropped) soon to keep the motivation going.

Thanks for looking Smiley

Rhett.
CyCo

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, 24 November, 2011, 07:14:29 AM »

Wow, she's looking good. And you've worked out her provenance, which is excellent. So one of two!! Just need to find if the other one is still around or not. Great bit of Aussie motoring history.

Afro

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Phat Bug
Forum Member only

« Reply #3 on: Monday, 05 December, 2011, 02:03:28 PM »

Thanks mate, I can't wait to hit the streets in it.

I polished up a rim the other day.............

Happy with how they came up, now just to do the other three Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: