The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 20 April, 2024, 10:39:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: .
WELCOME TO THE FORUM FOR THE PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB OF AUSTRALIA

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: David goy  (Read 4839 times)
the phantom mechanic
Forum Member only

« on: Friday, 16 September, 2011, 11:08:29 AM »

Hi to all (but mostly simon), what happened to your friend david goy? I was looking forward to seeing his car come to life . Cheers and thanks in advance! Shane
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #1 on: Friday, 16 September, 2011, 10:54:39 PM »

Hi Shane,
               Since I've known David (which is about 3+ years now) it's been a come and go relationship. He pops up every so often asking engineering questions and seeking advice, then dissappears again. Basically it comes down to financial backing. Davids' groundbreaking visions for a futuristic completely green high performance car, while being completely viable in this technicological day and age, are being thwarted at goverment level. It appears that on one hand the government's saying yes with wide open arms but on the other there feeling pressure from companies like Toyota who'd like to see there Australian hybrid competition as minimal as possible.

There's no doubting Davids' passion though. He's a genuine car freak with vast international connections and recognition backed up by impressive education and experience for his age. I firmly believe he'll get his dream up and running. I'm just dissappointed that he didn't get the opportunity to buy the Eureka Car Company from Paul Nelson.

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, 17 September, 2011, 11:16:17 AM »

I must admit, I was trying to remember who David was. But I couldn't remember just who or why. I remember now, and even remember he had a basic website up..

And one quick google search and it's still up. And it's been updated!

I wish him luck!

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: