The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 26 April, 2024, 07:55:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This FORUM is brought to you by the members of the Purvis Eureka Car Club of Australia.
Please consider supporting the CLUB and supporting the Marque by becoming a Club Member

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eureka badges  (Read 7523 times)
barsted
CLUB Member

« on: Saturday, 13 August, 2011, 11:41:05 AM »

Does anyone have good quality drawings or photos of the original Eureka badges that were on the front and rear of the car, showing the colour also? What were the sizes? I have B&W drawings of some but not the best quality.
Does anyone know what the letters "EFGP'' on the ribbon of the shield shaped badge means?

Ted
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, 13 August, 2011, 10:46:00 PM »

Hi Ted,
             EFGP means Eureka Fibre Glass Products. This was during the period when Allan was producing flares, spoilers and bodykits for a number of other cars. I'll dig my pics of the badges out.

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, 14 August, 2011, 01:09:53 AM »

There's a reasonably decent colour photo of the shield shaped badge on page 70 in the Australian Classic Cars spliff featuring the Dweebster if that's any help Ted.

While viewing, please don't forget to savour the splendour that is Dweeby's fine jaded red leathergrain finish  Roll Eyes Cry Wink

Here's the link to the article --> http://users.tpg.com.au/topazprk/eureka/eurekaarticle.htm

PP.

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
barsted
CLUB Member

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, 14 August, 2011, 12:42:46 PM »

Thanks guys. Paul, Dweeby is a thing of beauty, just needs a buff these days! I've got that badge photo printed off. Just hoping to get a colour photo of the square one as well, with the Eureka flag and 'PURVIS' and 'EUREKA' above and below.
Simon, thanks for that info. I hope you might have a photo of the other badge.

Ted
bushboy
Forum Member only

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, 14 August, 2011, 01:49:07 PM »

G'day,

This is my coloured version of the square purvis eureka badge.  I have it on the front of my reek here in the uk.

Printed it on metalised permanent labels with a colour laszer jet printer.  holding up ok after a couple of years

you are welcome to use it.

bushboy
barsted
CLUB Member

« Reply #5 on: Monday, 15 August, 2011, 08:33:17 AM »

Thank you Bushboy, appreciate the effort. Or should I say G'Day Sport, owthebludyellareya?  Say, my niece is over there in London, you must have seen her!!

Ted
bushboy
Forum Member only

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, 17 August, 2011, 10:53:18 PM »

Barsted,
I think I saw her last week, tall blond hair, australian acent.  She stood out as she was the only one with a real sun tan!!!!!

bushboy
barsted
CLUB Member

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, 20 August, 2011, 10:51:36 AM »

Yeah! Thats the one!! I knew you would have seen her!

Ted
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: