The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 10:05:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: White PL30 V6 for sale in WA in Just Cars mag.  (Read 7663 times)
gbear
PECCoA MEMBER

« on: Friday, 05 August, 2011, 01:05:43 PM »

Guys,

Found this in Just Cars Mag $29,500 Wow!

This unique vehicle is one of 683 Australian built & one of only 2 registered V6s known . The other is in England. The list of work done & new parts is too extensive to mention, but the restoration has taken over two years, including such modifications as - remote controlled cockpit - dropped floors - pop-up lamps - custom chrome bling - hours spent "civilising" the bodywork - flush fit Targa roofs - custom rear bodywork - 2Pac paint - new wiring & instruments - custom dash - new upholstery - new brakes - new radiators - new EFI & heaps, heaps more.

http://http://www.justauto.com.au/justcars/buy_and_sell/for_sale/e9fe6df9-1f22-4e34-85d2-1a144039968a

Brad
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #1 on: Friday, 05 August, 2011, 04:16:32 PM »

sounds like the usual restoration/re-build nessesary.

Does that mean i can sell mine for the 20,000 mark too Whistle

All the best with the sale.
Looks very nice

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, 06 August, 2011, 05:35:00 AM »

She's been listed on here previously. I recognised the description right away, let alone the photos.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

gbear
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, 09 August, 2011, 12:09:35 AM »

I just looked at the Eureka add in the printed edition of July Just cars and it is adversised for $19.500.  I wonder which one is correct.  So don't by on line, buy out of the mag and save $10,000.

Brad
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, 09 August, 2011, 01:48:53 AM »

This is Russell Brain's rather schmick fully registered Volvo V6 Reek from Carnarvon in WA and it's up for grabs on eBay at the moment too.

Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280718696948

PP.

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
34hup
Forum Member only

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, 09 August, 2011, 06:55:23 AM »

Who is Mike Purvis?
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, 11 August, 2011, 02:03:03 AM »

No idea who Mike Purvis is, but then I can't view the ebay link at work. 

I had another look at the ad on Just Cars. I'm wondering if this white 'reek was the 'pool' blue one in WA with the Volvo V6, as PRV donk was the Volvo donk used in the Delorian. If it isn't then there are at least 3 v6 'reeks.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

34hup
Forum Member only

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, 11 August, 2011, 01:57:42 PM »

Was that green one in Albury/Wadonga a v6 or v8?

PS Cyco I was being a smart arse. He refers to Mike Purvis but clearly means Alan.
mr_guy99493
Forum Member only

« Reply #8 on: Friday, 12 August, 2011, 05:50:20 AM »

Its number 83 on the register if that helps?
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #9 on: Friday, 12 August, 2011, 06:20:00 AM »

G'day Mr_Guy,

So was it you who bought it on eBay?

Nice pickup if it was you. Smiley  Russell put a lot of effort into getting that thing going properly. Roll Eyes

And yes Cyco, it is Owen from Perth's swimming pool blue Reek, well ... most of it is anyway! Whistle

PP.

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
mr_guy99493
Forum Member only

« Reply #10 on: Friday, 12 August, 2011, 06:55:30 AM »

Yes laugh I was going to post some more pics as soon as i got her, but it will be a while before i can organise transport.
Ive been looking for a nice reek for a while, and this one seemed too good to pass up. I cant wait.
I reckon that if someone asked me to design my dream car, Id end up drawing a eureka.

Incidentally, does anyone want a 88 TransAM? Ill have no need for mine soon.  Wink

mr_guy
rossie273
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, 14 August, 2011, 09:24:29 AM »

Hi Guys. Well.... I sold it. Hopefully the guy who bought it joins the club. He sounds like an enthusiast so lets hope. I think it would have been a good thing for a few of you to have actually seen DAMAGED1 in the flesh. Restoring/rebuilding it has been an interesting and challenging exercise. As a lot of you would know , restoring a Reek, makes you a bit of an orphan in the motoring world in so far as you are pretty much by yourself. Working on a classic Holden or Ford is a bit like putting a big Mechano together. You , by & large, just buy the bit then screw it on. Eventually , with enough buying & screwing you have your motor car. I recall my labours on the front panel-work . To make everything fit properly & have squared off edges like a steel body , I spent days cutting the inner guards to reform the fitment between guard & bonnet.The bonnet itself had to be reshaped to achieve a consistent "flow" of the lines. Things like the hinges for the rear panel (which Paul does not like) took ages to source & modify just so the panel can be swung down , slid to the right & removed for access to the engine. I do agree with Paul in that they do look a little "gawky" but they are strong & servicable(they also cost heaps). My slight mod. on the dash also took ages to perfect then the upholstery of same very nearly had the upholsterer throttle me because it took so long.
The pneumatic cockpit lift required some figuring out. It works fine but requires some fine tuning. I like acting the poser at the supermarket & pressing the remote from across the car-park. I fitted EFI to the V6 , replacing the Mech. injection system. Now that was scarey ! I bought an old engine and practiced boring the heads to take the injectors. All went well . Next I had to make the fuel rails. The injectors are 109mm apart - exactly the same distance as a V6 Magna so I was able to use them(please forgive me). I run a Microtech EMC which does the job. The only trouble in a small town (Carnarvon WA) is getting someone to tune it. I eventually found a guy who races speedway here who has done a pretty good job. I have , however, told the new owner that I advise against any long runs until he is certain it's right.(probably a Dyno). This is my third Eureka & perhaps my last. I consider myself blessed to have bought this one though , if I ever restored another, I would fit a good old VW engine like my 2nd one had. It developed 90hp & went quite well. The V6 is certainly a lot quicker & has considerable grunt but for simplicity, a VW engine gets my vote. SO - there it is guys - I have mixed feelings about selling DAMAGED1. I don't really need the money but , since we are planning to return to BRisbane , I felt that to take it is just too hard , The main reason for letting it go is simply this - The restoration is over - the jobs done - time to move on. Happy motoring . Russell 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: