The Purvis Eureka Forum
Sunday, 21 April, 2024, 12:09:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This FORUM is brought to you by the members of the Purvis Eureka Car Club of Australia.
Please consider supporting the CLUB and supporting the Marque by becoming a Club Member

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yellow Rotory powered Sport in the NT.  (Read 13573 times)
CyCo
CLUB Member

« on: Thursday, 28 July, 2011, 12:58:29 PM »

I've been contacted by a fellow by the name of Mike, who's selling a Yellow Sport in the Northern Territory.

Here's some info, followed by a few photos.

The car was pulled apart to paint and never put back together. It has been regoed in the NT as a 1980 model. It is in Alice Springs. The car is fitted with a 12A Rotary Mazda. I am not sure of the VW model, but it has what I call the small bolt pattern on the wheels, Disc   Brakes on the front, the floor pan shows signs of modification for the hand brake and gear change positions, the mounts have been welded into the floor. The whole car needs to be built again I think, The interior needs to be rebuilt, all is there, the seats, they need recovering, the dash,the instrument Cluster, the electrics, the roof is hydraulic / electric?, oil lines etc are still in place for the roof rams, I have the windscreen in good nick, the side windows are plexiglass and crazed. It has a sunroof, I will Look to check but I think the sills are a metal addition to give that lower look. The wheels are in excellent condition, the tyres are u/s, the radiator condition is unknown to me, however the appearance is good. The engine condition is unknown to me, the 4bl carb is missing, other than that it looks complete, it has extractors and a complete exhaust system.

Overall the car is around 90% complete, however it needs complete restoration, the paint is OK if Yellow is Acceptable.

I honestly believe $4000.00 is a reasonable price however I guess it’s only worth what someone will pay for it.

Thanks again,

Mike

What I find interesting about this 'reek is the additional air intake up above the rear window tunnel. At first I thought it was one of those intakes like on Deans 'reek. But this is glassed straight to the body tub and appears more angular.

Mikes email is thomo454@bigpond.com ,I do have his mobile number, but I don't like putting peoples personal numbers up on the net.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

mikepl30
« Reply #1 on: Friday, 29 July, 2011, 05:19:53 AM »

Thanks Cyco for putting that up for me. I'm happy to answer any questions anyone might have. If I can.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #2 on: Friday, 29 July, 2011, 11:58:04 AM »

Not a problem Mike.

Wink

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Dennis_B
Forum Member only

« Reply #3 on: Friday, 29 July, 2011, 11:19:11 PM »

Body looks fairly good... although sadly one would have to be concerned with the Health of a semi-abandoned Rotor... must likely will require Full Rebuild.
So the obvious solution is to find a good used 13B and put it in their instead Smiley
mikepl30
« Reply #4 on: Friday, 05 August, 2011, 10:48:18 AM »

Bump to the top. I would be prepared to help with transport of the car to Adelaide.
mikepl30
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, 09 August, 2011, 11:20:02 AM »

Bump.
mikepl30
« Reply #6 on: Monday, 15 August, 2011, 08:13:45 AM »

Not only am I prepared to help with freight, but I, like all petrol heads am open to offers.
mikepl30
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, 28 August, 2011, 06:27:00 AM »

Bump
mikepl30
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, 05 November, 2011, 06:39:18 AM »

I'm getting to a point where I will pretty much accept any offer, try me.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, 05 November, 2011, 09:18:16 AM »

These cars take time to sell, probably almost no one sells them straight away. Don't worry, it will sell eventually.

Wink

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

magooster
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, 12 November, 2011, 10:08:30 AM »

mike?
 I made you an offer on your Yellow Reek
 it would be nice if you could reply so I know wheather you got it or not
 my computer has been on the fritz lately and I have had no response
 from you
 Ps if you havent recieved my offer give me your phone number and I will contact
 you.
 send it to Magooster.
 If my offer was to low just say No. Whistle
the phantom mechanic
Forum Member only

« Reply #11 on: Monday, 13 February, 2012, 11:23:39 AM »

Do we know what happened to this one?
mikepl30
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, 21 February, 2012, 06:36:03 AM »

There is a very happy man in Melbourne now the proud owner of the Yellow car from A/Springs.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, 21 February, 2012, 09:54:35 AM »

Ah, congrats on the sale Mike. Hopefully joins the club, or at least the forums.

Wink

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, 21 February, 2012, 01:36:23 PM »

And he introduced himself to me at Hanging Rock the other weekend and he is all enthused about his purchase. Smiley

He had heaps of questions for us and hopefully we gave him heaps of helpful answers and for the life of me I can't remember his name ... Roll Eyes

PP.
The Lifer

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: