The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 07:27:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to transfer old Eureka footage from DVD to YouTube??  (Read 10107 times)
Jouster
PECCoA MEMBER

« on: Thursday, 07 April, 2011, 01:59:19 PM »

Hey Crew

I have a bunch of very old Eureka footage taken by dad on a 19mm camera back in the 70's. It's all on DVDs. I'd be happy to share but have no clues how to convert it so I can post it on YouTube.

The footage includes:
- the building of PE001
- the launch at 75 Melb Motor Show
- Sandown Owners Club Meeting in 76
- Melbourne/Sydney/Brisbane motor show stands
- Alpine Rally
- Sterling factory in the US
- Nova factory in UK
- several walk through's of the 3 factories and various showrooms
- some track day footage
- the Eclipse 19 trailer sailer (built buy people who couldn't sail)
- the Purvis Bath-Tub race boat (built by people who couldn't race boats)
- the Free Spirit
- loads of embarassing clothing worn by my old man over the years

If anyone can tell me how to get it up I'm happy to have a crack.

Catch ya
Shane
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, 07 April, 2011, 03:47:59 PM »

WOW that sounds fantastic
Can't wait to see them.

I'd suggest putting the DVD into your computer and saving/copying them to a folder on the computer, then go to YouTube. You may need to register and up load the films. Follow the instructions on YouTube. It may take some time depending on the size of the film.
I might suggest you cold send either myself or Cyco a copy of the DVD so we can put it up for you. There may be some editing to be done, (not deleting)to reduce the size of the file. I have that ability with my Comp

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, 07 April, 2011, 03:59:19 PM »

I've heard tale of a fiberglass boat that had the body (top half) and canopy of a 'reek, and it's meant to have been used not far from me here in NSW. I wonder if this has anything to do with it?

They're probably in a format that's computer friendly if they've been converted from 19mm to dvd, so you should be able to copy them to the hard drive of your computer. Then you upload them to YouTube. Thing is that  unless you pay for a premium membership for YouTube, you're limited to 10 minute videos. If they're longer than 10 minutes, then you have to chop them up into segments. You can edit video using Windows Movie Maker (it's cheap and nasty, but if you're running Windows you already have it).

If you are having troubles then I'd be willing to help out, just need to send me a copy of the dvds...  

Funny Phil and me posting within minutes of each other... lol

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, 07 April, 2011, 04:06:08 PM »

Grin

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, 07 April, 2011, 04:07:18 PM »

Probably would have beaten you if I hadn't gone looking for a whistling emoticon.

laugh

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, 07 April, 2011, 05:33:49 PM »

Thanks for that Cyco

You no longer have to look too hard, I just up-loaded it.

Any more that you'd like?  Whistle

WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #6 on: Friday, 08 April, 2011, 12:30:08 AM »

Shane,

Another suggestion, if they are already in a computer friendly format on the DVD's then you could simply post them up into our PhotoBucket album rather than messing around with YouTwitFace. Grin

PP.

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
Jouster
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, 13 April, 2011, 01:21:30 PM »

Hey crew

Thanks for the tips. Maybe I should have been more specific. I've used YouTube many times and have battled with Windows Movie Maker more than a few times. I have no issues with any of that

The issue seems to be that the dvd files seem to be protected somehow. I know the old man got em professionally done by some bloke with some trick equipment. Getting access the the new Senna movie was easier than getting these files???

I'll keep playing around and see what I can come up with.

Unfortunately I won't be copying the dvd's though boys. There's alot of personal family stuff on there in between Eureka clips. I'm happy to chop out some bits and post them for everyone to enjoy but there are some things the old man wants to keep to himself.  Smiley

Fingers crossed we get something up soon.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, 14 April, 2011, 11:49:33 AM »

Ok, gotcha. I had a program somewhere which you could use to separate individual sections of movie files, which may be able to bypass the protection. I'm not totally sure so I'll have to check. Will have to remember what the program was called too. It was only a small download, and free. I used it to pull sound files out of movie clips ages ago. It wasn't always 100% successful but was pretty good.

I'll have to have a dig around and see if I either still have a copy or work out the name.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, 19 April, 2011, 02:15:48 PM »

Shawn, I've had a look around, and I can't find the program I mentioned or even what it was called. lol

One thing I haven't gone looking for is a site that does this sort of thing. There are all sorts of funky sites out there, sites that will resize pictures, create those little icons you see before some websites url address, I've even seen sites that let you, um, bypass copy protection on pdf files.

Whistle

I imagine there must be a site that will do something similar with video files. But I imagine that you'd feel better with a program that you could download and use. I'll keep an eye out and let you know.

Wink

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Toxic-Rock
Forum Member only

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, 19 April, 2011, 09:01:59 PM »

Hi Gang,

I don't know if its still available, but there used to be a program called DVD shrink. I found that quite effective. Try a web search.

Regards Rock

Jouster
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, 18 June, 2011, 04:19:14 PM »

I really should do this eh???

I promise I have not forgotten. Just been busy racing and working. Will follow it up very soon...I hope.

Shane
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, 19 June, 2011, 02:57:31 AM »

No problems. Start with Windows Movie Maker (assuming you have Windows, you already have it), and let us know how you're going with it.

Wink

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Iama Ardfark
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, 25 June, 2011, 09:07:45 AM »

Smiley Get a mac
so much better
but then its probably not worth the outpay for this simple exercise Sad
Good luck with getting them up
Phil

Wadya mean I CAN'T work on the Reek today ??
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: