The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 30 March, 2024, 02:46:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: V6 PL/30  (Read 6558 times)
rossie273
« on: Monday, 21 March, 2011, 10:51:15 AM »

I've had a few inquiries about my V6 including one from England. Everyone has asked the same question- "why so cheap ? Being a truely unique vehicle, it should be more". Guys pay crazy prices for fake Cobras & GT40's that don't go like this. For the club members I will keep the price at $19,500 but at the end of July I will raise it to $29,500 or remove it from sale.  For me, the restoration of my much loved V6 PL/30 has been the journey ,not just the destination.  For 2.5yrs I have restored from the ground up this registered V6. I know of only one other & that is in England. The motor is the PRV 2850cc all alloy DOHC to which has been fitted electronic fuel injection. Engine management is by Microtech. I have maintained a high level of workmanship through out the project as I've been in no hurry to finish it (the journey - not the destination). Nothing has been "patched-up" like a lot of "restorations". Over the years (I'm 62) I have restored a few Indian & Harley Davidson cycles. A Datsun 1000 Coupe & two other Eurekas. The last one I sold through the club for $16,500. Where it was a very nice vehicle (& the new owner is certainly happy) it is not in the same league as DAMAGED 1. See the photos & they'll speak a thousand words. Things like the roof aerial & side flashers took many hours to cast before being chromed. Hope you like it.I would be interested in trading another Eureka in any condition. Incidently, ALL parts for this vehicle are readily available in any capital city in Australia. $29,500 0427796635
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #1 on: Monday, 21 March, 2011, 03:46:42 PM »

Shame you have to sell.

Here's another post with more info, along with two photos.

And from memory the PRV is the donk that ended up powering the Delorian.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

StReek
Forum Member only

The StReek

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, 22 March, 2011, 08:42:39 AM »

Are there more photo's of this one in the members area?

There's no point applying the brakes when you're sliding on your roof...
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, 22 March, 2011, 03:46:45 PM »

Just those two.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, 23 March, 2011, 02:50:37 AM »

Are there more photo's of this one in the members area?

G'day StReek,

Russell has sent me some more photos to put up which I hope to get enough time to do tonight so keep checking back here mate. Smiley

Been a bit busy fighting the virus wars on this site over the last half a dozen days or so sorry...... Tongue

PP.

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, 24 March, 2011, 02:28:27 AM »

Photos are up on our PhotoBucket account here -->http://s480.photobucket.com/albums/rr166/eurekacarclub/Member%20Rides/rossie273/

Drool people, drool.... Grin

PP.

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, 24 March, 2011, 11:35:54 AM »

That's some mean machine, with a few unique mods.

Cool

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

mr_guy99493
Forum Member only

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, 11 May, 2011, 10:11:42 AM »

Ah, I thought being in WA it would be close to me, but it sooooooo far away. Cry
rossie273
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, 17 May, 2011, 01:45:55 PM »

Hi everyone. I just had DAMAGED1 tuned finally. The dongle to connect the laptop to the Microtech EMC cost a princely $147 + $30 for an adapter cable. I had a shot at tuning but got scared away.Carnarvon WA has a population of 6800. so my chances of finding someone who knows the ins & outs of Microtech systems is pretty remote. Fortunately a guy who races Speedway here runs this EMC in his racecar. He charged only $178 - the best money I've spent. It runs quite nicely now. It's tendency to run a tad warmer that I'd like will be cured with the addition of another thermo fan on the right hand side radiator. I had thought that one on only the LHS radiator would be sufficient. With this build complete I am looking for another project. It's been a lot of fun - a lot of time & money but now it's over, it's time to move on. 
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, 18 May, 2011, 04:14:01 AM »

Maybe instead of another thermo fan, maybe a different thermostat will do?

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: