The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 30 March, 2024, 12:41:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This FORUM is brought to you by the members of the Purvis Eureka Car Club of Australia.
Please consider supporting the CLUB and supporting the Marque by becoming a Club Member

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reek on Car Sales  (Read 5046 times)
gbear
PECCoA MEMBER

« on: Saturday, 05 March, 2011, 12:38:11 PM »

Just notices this while surfing around car sales.

In Sunbury Vic $19.500

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?__Qpb=true&tsrc=allcarhome&__Ntk=CarAll&Cr=0&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&R=7991950&seot=1&__Ntt=eureka&silo=1011&__sid=12C6B1482B3C&keywords=ex%20army&__D=eureka&SearchAction=N&trecs=5&__Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&__N=1216%201246%201247%201252%201282&__Nne=15&__Dx=mode%20matchany

Make sure you inclued the entire link as it will error of not available.

No that's the longest link I have ever seen.

Brad
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, 05 March, 2011, 02:02:59 PM »

She's been listed before on here. Here's the link to carsales.com.au.

Wink

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

tmerivale
« Reply #2 on: Monday, 07 March, 2011, 02:27:34 PM »

he dropped his price compared to around 12 months ago i remember he was asking around 23,000 for it
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, 01 November, 2012, 05:12:46 AM »

G'day gang,

Here's a definite purchase opportunity for you all.

Morrie, the owner of this quite nice Reek, rang me late yesterday to say he has realised that he is asking too much for it which is why it hasn't sold yet.  It's been advertised on Carsales and Carpoint and in the papers on and off for several years now ranging in price from $23,500 down to $13,500 and is currently on Carsales for $16,500.

Here's the link to the Carsales advert:--> http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/results.aspx?N=1216+1246+1247+1252+1282+4294693405

Well, he has realised that he is probably never going to be able to give it the love it really deserves and has asked me to make it known to the Reek fraternity that

he would like it to go to a good home sooner rather than later
for a mere $10,000.  Shocked laugh

Just a reminder of it's specs;
  • it's a well put together metallic burgundy PL30/F4 on a full IRS floorpan
  • 12A Mazda rotary rebuilt in early 2009 by Select Maz (the guys who built Dragan's turbo rotary)
  • hydraulic roof (works perfectly)
  • Colleen Long T-top roof and aluminium "Lambo style" wing
  • 4 wheel disc brakes
  • it has been garaged all it's life
  • still not sure whether it's a 4 or 5 speed gearbox
  • and it's still currently fully registered in Victoria

I have personally crawled all over this car way back in 2007 before it had the engine rebuild and it really is a nice Reek.
The paint needs a damn good buff and lots of touching up as it has quite a lot of chips in it and the steering wheel will need re-covering.  Morrie said he hasn't started it for more than 6 months now and when he tried to start it on the weekend to show 2 prospective buyers, the battery was completely flat.

He was originally told when he bought it way back when Adam was a boy that it was a 1969 model, first registered in 1972 although I have since enlightened him as to what it really is etc.  Whistle

Morrie and the car are in Sunbury Victoria and he can be contacted on 0432 186 894 and make sure you mention that you got this info via me.

Be aware, he is a shift worker and does work a lot of odd shifts so if it goes through to message bank then make sure you leave a message so he can ring you back.

He will be going overseas next weekend so get onto him quick if you are interested as I don't reckon it's going to be around for too much longer at that price!!!

Paul Patton.
aka The WebGoat
(0418 307 973)

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
Morris
CLUB Member

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, 01 November, 2012, 02:14:03 PM »

Hi all
I would suggest you be quick to get this car from Sunbury at this price. If you miss out keep in mind my reek is for reluctant sale.
Sports body, F4 roof, sun roof, 13B rotary, 4 speed, engine cooling sorted properly, battery not flat, blue paint a bit rough up close. The car has been at the last 6 national meets so some of our members are familiar with it. It has not been advertised except by word of mouth but is for sale. I am asking for $17000 with full Vic. rego and rwc. Give me a ring if you want more details or tell me I,am dreaming.

Rergards  Morris    0407 301829
Dennis_B
Forum Member only

« Reply #5 on: Friday, 02 November, 2012, 09:55:48 PM »

Personally I'd be a bit wary of a Rotor that hasn't been started for 6+ months. These things really need lubrication to the Apex Seals otherwise nastyness results.

If you were an interested purchaser I'd make sure you could observe the car from cold start through to warm running to ensure there is not excessive smoke from the engine.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: