The Purvis Eureka Forum
Sunday, 21 April, 2024, 03:07:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FIND US ON FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/groups/purviseureka/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1988 F4 on gumtree  (Read 5093 times)
Mr Jedly
Forum Member only

« on: Friday, 25 February, 2011, 05:27:36 PM »

Found this on gumtree:
http://vic.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-Vehicles-Motorbikes-Parts-cars-EUREKA-SPORTSCAR-GREAT-PROJECT-CAR-W0QQAdIdZ258246329

think he's asking abit much as it looks like it needs some tlc.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, 26 February, 2011, 01:07:12 AM »

Isn't this the one that used to get listed on ebay as a 'paddock basher' and one of the photos had kids hanging out the windows?

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, 26 February, 2011, 12:36:24 PM »

The one you're talking about Cyco finished up in NSW from memory and it was a Sports with no engine cover and a very radical '70's dashboard. Afro

This one is not very far from me and I will be going to have a squiz at it tomorrow arvo so stay tuned. Grin (It's in Vic so try and stop me!)

I've just gotten off the phone with the owner and yes, it is complete, wipers, T-top roof panels, the lot.

PP.

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
Mr Jedly
Forum Member only

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, 26 February, 2011, 02:54:29 PM »

Oooohh, nice.

Will be anticipating what you have to say about it, as i'm very much on the lookout!
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, 01 March, 2011, 08:10:36 AM »

G'day gang

Morris and I went and saw this Reek on Saturday so here's a couple more photos for you to drool over.  Unfortunately they make it look worse than it really is;

And here's some details;
Floorpan - 1970 IRS with possibly some minor rust,
Engine - VW Kombi, 2 litre (plastic air cleaner box???) which was new when they put it in Huh?? years ago,
Brakes - front disc and rear type 3 drums,
Seats - standard Reek seats in need of re-upholstering on after market slide rails
Wheels - 14x8 Gold Hurricane mags (1 of only 2 sets cast in VW 4 stud) also comes with 2 extra 14x7 Globe mags
Tyres - front and rear as new 245/50/14 Yokohama A352
Windscreen - lots of scratches on it so would probably need a new one
Body - light blue gelcoat with burgundy paint which is peeling off all over the place
 - late model rear undersill with round tail lights
 - Colleen Long T-top roof with both T-top panels included (Same as Stuarts)
 - body has been cut away underneath the elephant ears to allow for better air flow into the engine compartment
 - electric roof lifters included with remote keyless entry unit
 - rear inside of the front guards and front inside of the rear guards has been filled in properly to cut out road noise etc
 - all interior and exterior roof panels are there including the rear window blade
 - standard VDO instruments
 - very cool brass-look lions head gearshit knob Afro
 - body appeared to be in fairly good condition except for the obviously flakey paint

The owner, John, has a crook back and is on crutches and can no longer drive a manual car let alone get in or out of a Reek anymore so it's time to part with all his toys.  He mentioned that he bought it when the factory was "closing" and there was some money "owed" so he got a few extra bits like the gold hurricane wheels and some other minor bits.

It is basically a sound PL30/F4 and a excellent project for someone looking for a solid, complete starting point but if you think he is asking too much for it then you probably won't be the one who buys it.

Please contact Alf on the number listed in the advert 0416 243 144

Enjoy,

PP.

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, 01 March, 2011, 02:58:06 PM »

Certainly looks like a great base for a rebuild.

Grin

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: