The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 10:33:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: .
WELCOME TO THE FORUM FOR THE PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB OF AUSTRALIA

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Air Conditioned Eureka  (Read 12053 times)
Stuart
Forum Member only

« on: Wednesday, 02 February, 2011, 10:50:29 AM »

Hi to all - Stuart from the South Coast. I suppose I never expected that getting my Eureka up to scratch was going to be quick or easy (or cheap!!). I bought mine on ebay nearly three years ago now, and spent nearly 12 months getting it up and running and registered (groan). It now sports a 12a turbo (EFI) Mazda Rotary engine, managed by a Microtec computer and effectively cooled by a pair of customised (quad core) radiators mounted in the engine bay with a thermo fan behind each one to pull air through the elephant ears. The MOST exciting news, however, is that it now also has air conditioning! No more sweltering in summer, popping the top up and down at traffic lights, and (hopefully) no more fogged up windscreen in winter - I'm sure I'm not the only one to have tried driving while holding my breath to try to reduce the condensation on the screen! I'll try to keep in touch a bit more and one of these years I might even get to the October get together! For now I just thought I'd post something so that you know I'm still around!

Stuart
redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, 02 February, 2011, 11:03:08 AM »

hello
good to hear theres one more on the road and hopefully you will make it to a meet.
...Darren
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, 02 February, 2011, 01:19:47 PM »

Hi Stewart. That's great, and you've got a/c to boot! Any pics (especially of your a/c set up) would be appreciated. Maybe you'll be able to make it to Mildura this year?

Wink

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

StReek
Forum Member only

The StReek

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, 02 February, 2011, 03:06:17 PM »

Dodgy is fitted with A/C.  The unit is fitted to the underside of the engine cover and the outlet is behind and between the seats.  Very neat and effective although doesn't get used really, it works fine.... the controls are just to the rear of the handbrake.  Can supply pics if needed.  Very cool.....  Reek on all......

StReek

There's no point applying the brakes when you're sliding on your roof...
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, 02 February, 2011, 11:49:11 PM »

Didn't know Dodgy had a/c. I know inly a couple of 'reeks have a/c. Any photos of your systems will be awesome.

Smiley

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, 03 February, 2011, 07:28:03 AM »

Richard, your car could have aircon done in  day or so quite easily. Your engine already has the mounts (and a compressor that is likely too far gone to use, but easily replaced).

I know (and agree with the compressor, have had someone (not a professional, lol) say mine could get reconditioned, but I think it far more likely it will need replacing), but it's not high on the priority list. Though with the temperatures this week, maybe it should!  lol

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Markfireprime
CLUB Member

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, 13 November, 2016, 05:00:20 AM »

HI guys working on my 1st reek Now which will have a 100 hp aircool 1915 cc motor.. I really want an AC for this and ive seem plenty of bugs with AC but as yet havnt found anyone in Geelong that can help me out with AC. so if anyone has aircooled motor with ac can you give me a heads up as to what it is please. Thanks Mark
ireek
Forum Member only

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, 15 November, 2016, 03:00:57 PM »

You may have to go look at the American VW shops to get a bolt on air cond system. They have everything over there.
StuFarny
Forum Member only

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, 16 November, 2016, 10:12:01 AM »

THIS EUREKA HAS AIR CONDITIONING AND A VW ENGINE!

This Eureka has Air Conditioning and a VW Engine, which was at the Melbourne Anniversary Meet a few years ago.

Located in Melbourne, I think a few guys may know who's car it is as I cant remember the owners name.

Stuart
magooster
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, 17 November, 2016, 09:26:45 AM »

hi
There is a place in Las Vagas called Gilmore Enterprises.
 info@gilmore-enterprises.net.
you might get some idea's for them.

hope this helps
magooster
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: