The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 12:07:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Sport for Sale in Victoria  (Read 19406 times)
Dennis_B
Forum Member only

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, 09 February, 2011, 12:54:22 PM »

Fantastic Looking Car.
I'm interested in becoming part of the Eureka family... i've sent you an email.
Mr Jedly
Forum Member only

« Reply #16 on: Friday, 11 February, 2011, 08:03:54 AM »

Hey hey!
I'm super keen for some info and discussions!

will be in touch as soon as i figure out how... >_<
pls dont put on carsales yet!  :-D
StReek
Forum Member only

The StReek

« Reply #17 on: Friday, 11 February, 2011, 09:57:29 AM »

Hey good luck selling the car, it looks great...  Come on SA buyers, follow the Bat and get em over here.... 

I'm not allowed any more (if she finds out that is) but there must me someone in SA that wants another one, Phil Huh???

StReek

There's no point applying the brakes when you're sliding on your roof...
puzzigully
« Reply #18 on: Friday, 11 February, 2011, 12:07:56 PM »

Guys,

had a serious offer (at least I think it was serious Smiley).

Feel like $10K is a pretty good deal for a Eureka of this std with the options it has.

The tyres have plenty of tread - easily roadworthy, probably done very few km's

I see the SA boys are keen - haven't any interest from there yet, but Vic, Tas and WA seem keen  Grin
Dennis_B
Forum Member only

« Reply #19 on: Friday, 11 February, 2011, 02:30:46 PM »

My Offer was serious... Smiley
I'm in Echuca at the moment... willing to do a Deposit and pickup tomorrow (Friday)
puzzigully
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, 16 February, 2011, 05:12:18 AM »

Car is SOLD.

hope new owner enjoys  Smiley
The Bat
Forum Member only

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, 16 February, 2011, 11:36:56 PM »

Hey Dennis_B, CONGRATULATIONS I know how you are feeling about your latest acquisition, feels great hey. Pity it's not coming to SA. Ha Ha. Well done!  Grin

I'm not saying I'm BAT MAN it's just we havn't been seen together in the same room
Dennis_B
Forum Member only

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, 17 February, 2011, 10:59:41 PM »

The Bat: Thanks for that mate... just working through getting it up and running again now... With a bit more throttle we are seeing some Smoke which is a bit of a concern RE: Apex Seals ete... Gear Shift seems quite "stuck"... looking into Clutch ete at the moment...

Will report back once we know more Smiley
The Bat
Forum Member only

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, 17 February, 2011, 11:21:41 PM »

Good stuff, keep us posted.

I'm not saying I'm BAT MAN it's just we havn't been seen together in the same room
Dennis_B
Forum Member only

« Reply #24 on: Friday, 18 February, 2011, 11:48:33 AM »

Well we've got a fairly massive Blue Smoke problem coming out of the Rotary at the moment....
puzzigully is adament that it's never blown smoke under his ownership, and that it ran for 15 minutes before I collected it with no smoke at all.

I guess what I'm trying to determine is what could happen whilst in transit on a trailer that could change this.
Any Rotary experts around?
shipy59
Forum Member only

« Reply #25 on: Friday, 18 February, 2011, 01:41:56 PM »

hi dennis-b, rotarys can be a little fickle when they have a bit of age on them. did you change the oil? did you refill with 20/50 as they dont like thin oil. is the oil injector pump still connected and adjusted right(1mm gap at idle), most of the hoons here remove it and premix 2stroke oil 100 to 150 to one. If its old the oil control back up seals (o/rings) go hard which lets oil past control ring(oil rings). i have just resealed my 79 rx7 with all new soft seals for $70 from TRANSEALS . no more smoke now unless i have a weak battery that wont crank fast enough (hard start) then it will puff for a bit (30 secs).
check out AUSROTARY.COM and a guy username BUMPSTART engine rebuilding. mazda parts are dam dear but can be had singulary if need be. full rebuild kit on ebay about $1400 from memory. if after full warm up it still smokes you could try some sort of seal softener (stop leak). if it starts good cold and hot but still smokes soft seals may be needed.  stick with it as when sorted they are lots of smooth fun, but they dont like to be run to hot or lean. easy warm up and cool down cycles are the trick to long life of a wankel.(original oil cooler is a must)   give it a good long run first before anything! hope this titbit of info is of some help to some one hey.

Its gone but not forgotten
Dennis_B
Forum Member only

« Reply #26 on: Friday, 18 February, 2011, 03:18:13 PM »

shipy59:
Thanks for the information. I don't believe the Oil has been changed or added to as yet... I might need to confirm what oil was used. The Oil Injector Pump doesn't seem to operate at idle per se... only when higher revs kick in it adds more oil (which is to be expected).

I'm begginning to think that my symptoms of Not much smoke Cold, but lots and lots of smoke when warm/heated up it may just be those Oil Ring Seals.
I'll complete a compression test tomorrow and see what I find out.
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #27 on: Friday, 18 February, 2011, 11:02:34 PM »

That sounds like a sticky/stuck apex seal to me.
                                                                      Yes it can be a result of under feeding via the oil injector and also possibly using the wrong oil, but sometimes it just happens on older rotories too. Susie turned the RX3 off one day and started it up a few days later with a stuck seal. It cleared itself a couple of minutes later but gave us both heart palipitations in the mean time. We rang George from Pac Performance who said the same. It sometimes happens.

George also had me set the injector permanently 1/4 open for general street use. We've done probably 100k with it set this way with minimal smoke and absolutely no problems. He frowns on us using Penrite and recommends Castrol (he would, he's sponsored by them) but you can't go wrong using the recommended Mazda product.

Lets see what your compression test says.

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
Dennis_B
Forum Member only

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, 20 February, 2011, 11:34:18 AM »

My Compression Test had Pulses of 85-90psi on 1 of the Chambers... 50psi on the other two.
This was undertaken with a Normal Comp Tester reading the Pulses on the cylinders as per the guide at http://www.asashop.org/autoinc/dec98/techtips.htm

As such we've pretty much come to the conclusion that the Apex Seals ete are stuffed and the Engine will require a rebuild.
(Which is pretty big $$$$ - $5000 or so I'm told)

Anyhow we've found a supposedly good recently rebuilt engine in the local area which we can hear and see running for significantly less than rebuild cost, so we'll see how we go on Monday regarding that.

We've run the motor at idle and at revs for probably an hour or so + now, can't drive it because the Clutch is Seized/Defective (anyone see that on the For Sale Description???)

Anyhow it's a "live and learn" exercise I guess... when it's fixed it'll be good... but I guess I shoudn't take Club Members/Forum Sellers at face value as much.
brendo_83
Forum Member only

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, 22 February, 2011, 02:10:19 AM »

Was the gear lever installed when you picked up the car? If all the bits were there it would not have taken much for the owner to throw it back on. The fact that he has taken the time to re-fit the accelarator pedal which was not nessecary, but not the gear lever which would have been just as easy to fit and actually made the car drivable suggests that he may have intentionally left it off to hide the siezed/defective clutch.

The seller doesn't have many posts to his name, not sure how long he's been a member, he may have just joined up to sell the car. Unfortunately forum member or not you really can't trust anyone at face value, especially when you're parting with such a large amount of cash.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: