The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 01:29:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Sport for Sale in Victoria  (Read 19408 times)
puzzigully
« on: Tuesday, 01 February, 2011, 05:21:30 AM »

Guys,

I have to realise, i'm never going to get time to enjoy this car as I should, so maybe someone else can!

She's a Sport model with 13B Rotary, Hydro electric roof, F4 visor.

I've recently had the 4 barrel Carby fully re-conditioned, before that it ran well with a small fuel leak (that's why I got it re-coed)

Previously registered in Victoria - still has rego plates attached.

Pretty reasonable paint job, now black, looks like it was originally Blue.

Was told it should fetch at least $8,000.
Not too sure if that is true, but can't see it being worth $10,000.

Happy to negotiate with enthusiast Smiley
puzzigully
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, 01 February, 2011, 11:50:44 PM »

CyCo,

thanks for trying to help....I was going to wash off the dust and post up pics so it looks more presentable  Smiley
innovator
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, 02 February, 2011, 06:35:06 AM »

mate worth min $8000 13B looks good . i sold one 1 to 2 years ago with 12A needing full resto quick sale $4200 lasted week and a half ad on this site good luck with your sale
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, 02 February, 2011, 07:43:11 AM »

CyCo,

thanks for trying to help....I was going to wash off the dust and post up pics so it looks more presentable  Smiley

No problem, feel free to upload additional photos, and I'll remove these ones from my post if you like.  Wink

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

puzzigully
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, 02 February, 2011, 07:55:58 AM »

Thanks for the replies.

Not chasing top dollar, more keen to see it go to a good home to preserve this era of Aussie motoring.
Of course, $$ are nice  Cheesy

Cyco, perhaps leave them up until I get my act together...Thanks
puzzigully
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, 02 February, 2011, 11:42:07 PM »

Have been asked by a couple of people what is required on the Eureka, so I'll post the reply here as well.

Also forgot that I bought a brand new electric fuel pump for it as well ($300)

As mentioned in the ad, the carby is off the motor as it was fully re-coed ($800), so that needs to be re-installed. Probably an hour or so work.

It does need a wash Smiley

I'm 6'4" and have laid the seat right back so my head doesn't hit the roof, this is easily changed back though.
The issue with that is that I have made a spacer for the steering wheel so my arms can reach, but hadn't got around to extending the gear lever. The gear lever has been removed and i have all the bits, but does need to go back in. Probably another hour or so work. (I was going to fit it with a quick shift lever, then lengthen it so the travel would have been the same)

Needs a new battery.

The accelerator pedal needs to be put back, although you dont really need it. If you know VW's the accelerator has a roller on the lever that attaches to the pedal and this roller will just as well roll up/down your shoe.

The engine runs really well with no smoke (great for a rotary).
The guy I bought it off told me it had been rebuilt and extend ported. (I cannot confirm this)
I used to have an RX4 in my youth, that was extendported for the primaries and bridgeported for the secondaries.
The extendport is an increase in port sizing to give more hp, but without the crazy idle you get from a bridgeported rotary.

The carpet is getting a little tatty, but nothing that needs to be changed immediately.

Driver's side perspex needs to be refitted (10-15minutes, max)

Roof works really great, button on dash gives you up/down also via a remote on a key chain.

You could easily fix all of these on a Saturday, then drive it all day Sunday Smiley

I have the last number plates there were on the car as well as the sale receipt from the car yard it was in, showing the sale to me.

The rego sticker shows it as a 1972 Purvis Roadster.
jateureka
Forum Member only

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, 05 February, 2011, 05:02:35 AM »

Wow, always wondered what happened to that one - I have pics from the net from when it was all 'new'.
Good luck with your sale.
puzzigully
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, 05 February, 2011, 05:19:32 AM »

Really!!  Would love to see them.

Any chance you can pm them to me?
puzzigully
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, 06 February, 2011, 11:02:10 AM »

Guys,

was a little out on the time estimates.

Re-installed carby, fitted accelerator pedal in under 60 minutes  Smiley

Starts first time and purrs like a kitten - makes me have 2nd thoughts about selling  Sad

Also washed it in the rain??
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, 06 February, 2011, 11:08:04 AM »

Hey, no need to sell it dude if you don't want to. And I've washed cars in the rain before. Wish it would rain right now, it's sooo bloody hot here.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

puzzigully
« Reply #10 on: Monday, 07 February, 2011, 02:21:00 AM »

I think I'd really like to keep it, but you know the drill - too many cars, not enough excuses to satisfy the wife. Wink
StuFarny
Forum Member only

« Reply #11 on: Monday, 07 February, 2011, 09:59:52 AM »

Ive got photos of this car when it was for sale at "Market Place Carsales" in Bendigo, I was looking at buying it then, so had a mechanic go over it for me prior to the purchase, he told me the front end was in need of attention, I drove it home, and it danced all over the road, so he was right. Also the dropped floorpan under the drivers seat was done by a "Butcher" just a box section under the seat made up of very thin tin and rivited together, because of this I was told it would need fixing properly, and an engineers certificate re-done prior to registration.
It does have some rather nice wheels on it, which is what made it stand out.
The interior and body were in rather good condition, as I think the paint was rather fresh back then, the red "everything" interior didnt grab me, but it could be a tidy up job without too much cost or effort.
The asking price back then was $6,500, and the guy offered it to me "as is" for $6,000.
I went back several weeks later to make him a lower offer, and it was gone!

Would be interested in finding out where you are now with this car.

Thanks
Stuart
puzzigully
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, 08 February, 2011, 12:19:28 AM »

Guys,

Pics as promised:

Cyco - perhaps you could remove the old dusty pics please?  Thanks for the help Smiley

puzzigully
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, 08 February, 2011, 03:16:10 AM »

Guys,

I'll leave this on here until the end of the week, if no sale by then, I'll put it on Carsales for $11,000 (I think) expecting to get negotiated down a bit.
So there is a benefit to being a member of the web page. Cheesy
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, 08 February, 2011, 02:42:08 PM »

Older photos removed at request.

Looks great when washed.   Tongue

Interesting hinge covers, only one I've seen with those.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: