The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 12:28:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: .
WELCOME TO THE FORUM FOR THE PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB OF AUSTRALIA

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Agroeurekas other ride  (Read 4973 times)
Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

Why does every part need a modification or paint

« on: Saturday, 06 November, 2010, 01:15:14 AM »

Hi
Thought i would post this in a new topic
I brought it back from Broken Hill was a Farm hack they stoped using it in the late 80s was then bought by a fellow who started to restore it.
Around 2005 he died after a period of ill health the car then was bought by a colector for parts for an 6 seater project
The car is a 1935 Buick 840 6 Wheeler 4 seater
The car drives is a straight 8 with a carby from a 202 holden fitted ( From the farm days)
I am planing to Hot rod it and use it as a faimly car for weekend trips (May even use it to tow the Eureka to meets/carshows)
I like Simon's ideas but i also like the original style of the car at present i will be striping it to the frame as the past restoration was not up to my standards or that safe.
I will box the frame and have it powder coated. I have ordered a 9" diff for it and have made enquires as to tyre and rim sizings when i have picked a tyre/rim set I will order the brake sets at present it has 4 wheel cable operated drums (Very scary)
Engine will be original with fuel injection added the internals will be up rated and checked and tested.
Gearbox is a 3 speed manual crash box I have made inquires to see if its posible to install a turbo 700 from a late model holden with electric controls (No shift lever)
Front and rear guards will be have 2 and 4" added to them as long as i can get rims to fit that wide at present the rim/tires are 30" tall and could be 10" wide with out changing anything.
Roof line will not change as I am 6,4" and it all ready has a factory sun roof.
I hope to have it done around July 2011 with the Eureka also at the same time again this will be work dependent

Andrew

"Just add the blower it will be fine" he said

Then all hell broke loose with large amounts smoke
WYKED1
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, 07 November, 2010, 03:54:04 AM »

Andrew.

So does that mean you can bring your Eureka to Mildura since that's after july
be good to meet you.

james
cruetoone
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, 10 November, 2010, 04:01:40 AM »

that will be excellent restore i got a chance to  photograph one  at the towradgi show it will be great to see what you do with this one .
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: