The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 26 April, 2024, 11:56:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: .
WELCOME TO THE FORUM FOR THE PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB OF AUSTRALIA

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rego inquiry  (Read 14782 times)
The Bat
Forum Member only

« on: Tuesday, 23 November, 2010, 03:20:02 AM »

G’day all,
I have just registered and would like to pick a few brains. 
First I gather a “Reek” is abbreviation for Eureka?
I have the chance to acquire a Reek from interstate. I live in Adelaide and would like to know of any pit falls getting the girl registered in S.A. I have heard some horror stories coming out of Regency Park!

She is not registered at the moment. Any help/advise would be great.

I'm not saying I'm BAT MAN it's just we havn't been seen together in the same room
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, 23 November, 2010, 08:51:21 AM »

Woa

Any chance to get another one here is a good one. Go for it.

There are a number of us here in SA that have done it in various ways in recent times.
Yes it can be a horror, but then not and then there's ........................

Alot depends on it's condition, previous history, and what you want to do with it and how handy are you.

We are a strong group in SA so there's lots of help and advise available.
We could make it easy for you to get into one (apart from chopping off yur legs  Grin Shocked ) as there could be a couple available in SA

Such things as this subject is best discussed in detail one on one rather than on an open Forum.

Look forward to catching up

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, 23 November, 2010, 09:04:05 AM »

Lol!
         Welcome to the craziness Jeff.  ( Another one going to SA kids. What is it with that state?) Yes, 'reek' is short for eureka, mate. And yes, SA is a bastard of a state to go through the rego process: but fear not. My SA brothers will guide you. Under the table deals too, if necessary.

Primarily, get every piece of paperwork that you possibly can with the purchase. Past rego papers, engineer's certificates, mechanics work invoices: anything and everything. It's much easier to rego a car with a previous history of rego than a car without. A mechanical history doesn't hurt either.

A few pics uploaded here before you buy would be good too. Then we can assess it and give you a realistic price range, possibly saving you money. The more you can show us, the more we can help you.

Again, welcome.

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, 23 November, 2010, 10:21:49 AM »

It can be done with out any of that sort of paperwork also, but if it's available, it's a bonus
I've done it bothways :Smiley

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
StReek
Forum Member only

The StReek

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, 23 November, 2010, 11:04:38 AM »

No paperwork eh Phil,  very suspicious.....  also depending on where you live relative to the GPO in Adelaide, there is another alternative too regarding transfering the registration legitimately... 

Where is the car coming from ??  What colour is it ??

Great to have another one in SA Smiley but, will it be 'driven' on the roads or is it a "project".......Huh?

Good luck with it and any help we can give you will be no trouble at all......

S t R e e k   .  .      . 

There's no point applying the brakes when you're sliding on your roof...
The Bat
Forum Member only

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, 24 November, 2010, 12:34:54 AM »

Boy you blokes don't muck around,
Thanks for the quick response. I’ll try and answer some of your questions.
My intention is to drive more so than a project
I live in Bridgewater so I guess it’s classed as metro
The Reek I’m looking at currently resides in the ACT colour YELLOW it was previously registered in QLD. Supposed to be in good nick, apart from steering column needing some work, good to go. I haven’t seen her in person yet, hope to in late December. At this time that’s all the info on her I can tell you.

Philinsa
You indicated there could be a couple available in S.A. I would like to talk to you about them, may save me a trip to the ACT.
Not sure about protocol with forums, is it cosha to disclose email address phone number etc?

Hope you understand the ramble, lots in the head at the moment!  ???

I'm not saying I'm BAT MAN it's just we havn't been seen together in the same room
StReek
Forum Member only

The StReek

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, 24 November, 2010, 04:08:42 AM »

Bridgewater, great another Hills Eureka to drive around with........ Smiley)   Is the car yellow or gold... If you check the members rides in the photobucket you will see the difference... well I think there's a difference anyway.... that's another debate for another day.....

Great to hear of another enthusiast in SA....  if we only had them all on the road, what a sight that would be...... amazing.....

Maybe one day........ Huh?     All the best and any questions, this is the place to ask...  Phil will advise you no doubt regarding the forum protocol......

Good Luck and can't wait to go driving with you....

StReek.

There's no point applying the brakes when you're sliding on your roof...
The Bat
Forum Member only

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, 24 November, 2010, 04:40:44 AM »

StReek, I'm told it's yellow, i will try and put a photo up!! If & when i get hold of her I'd love to go for a drive.

The Bat
Forum Member only

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, 24 November, 2010, 05:29:00 AM »

I just put a photo on photobucket "The Bats new girl"

cruetoone
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, 24 November, 2010, 06:00:10 AM »

welcome too the forum mate ...
we know about that reek it was a it had 2 owner's in Qld that i know of and it just recently went too canberra so it has a club history .. Smiley
you can alwys email this guy too see what state of any repairs if need be
http://eurekacarclub.com.au/forum/index.php?topic=631.0http://
The Bat
Forum Member only

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, 24 November, 2010, 06:08:13 AM »

cruetooneThanks! how do i go about getting any history? I have only spoken to the current owner once.

cruetoone
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, 24 November, 2010, 06:17:12 AM »

no worry's mate here are the previous owners i know of ..
that's what i meant by club history these people from the forum owned it prior to the canberra owner....
http://eurekacarclub.com.au/forum/index.php?topic=464.0http://

where did you see you see it advertised perhaps he can email you some stuff....
The Bat
Forum Member only

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, 24 November, 2010, 06:36:29 AM »

Came across her in “allclassifieds.
http://www.allclassifieds.com.au/ac/ac0032?vcid=122853944

dodgy
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, 24 November, 2010, 08:35:28 AM »

Damn it...another yellow 1....thats it im painting mine pink   Shocked

Welcome Bat, great to hear of another possible reek in adelaide and in the hills too, your on track with this forum, here you will find the best bunch of enthusiasts who are always willing to help those in need and believe me i know this from experience.
Keep us updated on your progress and i hope to cruise around the hills with you in the near future.

D O D G Y   . . .     . .    .   
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, 24 November, 2010, 10:53:51 AM »

Aha

I know this one.

Should be very good

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: