The Purvis Eureka Forum
Wednesday, 01 May, 2024, 08:27:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: .
WELCOME TO THE FORUM FOR THE PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB OF AUSTRALIA

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2011 NATIONAL MEET PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB of AUSTRALIA  (Read 101883 times)
WYKED1
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, 26 October, 2011, 11:44:39 PM »

David

I am so happy other members are finally going to meet you and they can see first hand what I have to put up with  Shocked
you big Wally  Grin
NEWSFLASH David the meet has been moved from Mildura  Cry to Bali hope you have a nice time turn your eureka upside down and start paddling

only joking MATE seeya in Mildura  Wink
Rita where did I pack the gun  Evil
james
WYKED1
« Reply #46 on: Friday, 28 October, 2011, 01:56:27 PM »

Here we are arriving on Thursday to get last minute details sorted  Grin
and low and behold we are having our own pre Mildura National Meet
already here we have several members so weve decided on getting an early start on the meet so you other guys better get here before we drink Mildura dry and eat all the welcoming dinner  Shocked Roll Eyes Tongue Evil Afro laugh Whistle

seeya you guys Friday

james
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, 01 November, 2011, 08:10:41 AM »

Another TOP weekend.
Thanks to absolutely everyone that was there.
You made the event. It would have been very quiet if you all had not gone to great lengths to participate.

Great night Saturday with special appearances from Batman & Supa Girl, but the (70 plus), crowd was kept under strict control with the Storm Trooper and Darth Vader himself. Could have used them again at the Sunday night dinner with 50 odd people packing the place.

Top Job

We arrived home at 3:45 & all's well

Pics at 11

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
WYKED1
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, 01 November, 2011, 09:50:49 AM »

Yes we arrived home just now
it seems a little sad now another year been and gone
now for the members who were unable to attend
here is your new committee
Sorry to tell you it looks like you have to put up with me as president for another year you had your chance  and left the ammo at home
Metalsmith Simon Shaw is V.P.
Stud Trevor Bodinar is Treasurer
Racer Paul Tonkin is Secretary
the rest of the committee is made up of
Mez  Mary
Stig  Darren
Allan as Eureka Registrar
Philinsa  as Computer wizz
Cyco Richard
The Bat   Jeff is Merchandise officer

A big thankyou to all the members who have put their trust in our new committee
I promise you we WILL not let you down ( only your tyres )

Regards to all
James
never forget got anything you wish to discuss please ring me
0403 179 269
cant promise to have the answer on hand but I will get you one asap
The Bat
Forum Member only

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, 01 November, 2011, 10:17:10 AM »

Hi all,  Grin The Bat & his two girls (Bat Girl & the Reek) have made it back home as well. Big thanks for all involved in making my first National meet one to remember. Thanks to all who worked there buts off to make it so.
During the weekend a few people asked about the GPS satellite speedo mounted on my steering column. The price has gone up a bit but here is the link to the site. www.bogaard.com.au

SEE you all in BATHURST in 2012

I'm not saying I'm BAT MAN it's just we havn't been seen together in the same room
Xntrik1
Forum Member only

« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, 01 November, 2011, 10:39:13 AM »

A brilliant week end once again! Thank you Mr. President (or should that be dictator   Grin) and to all who made this week end a fun and memorable occasion. Great organisation and great company of people with similar interests made the week end go too quickly. Perhaps we should look at the 2012 meet being over a week allowing the week end before and the week end after for travelling time. If you were 2 days travelling time to the event location there is still 4 annual leave days required for travel! By having it during the week, for only 1 more annual leave day, you could be at the event for 5 days and travel over the Sat/Sun either side. (Just a suggestion). Hope everyone got home safely and hope to see you all again in 2012.

Tom Afro
Morris
CLUB Member

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, 01 November, 2011, 10:59:00 AM »

Hi to all
We arrived home about 6-30 pm. after a relatively trouble free run. I totaly enjoyed the meet! My better half ( the intelligent one of us ) had a very relaxing weekend. She is not a car buff but is sympathetic to my fettish. This was her first meet and now understands why I come home full of beens. To the organising crew James + Rita with Trevor+ Julie we all are totally in debt to you. THANK YOU is not near enough. Thank you also to the bbq cooks and the Ladies in the kitchen.
As mentioned in earlier posts a fantastic weekend had by all.
Highest Regards  Morris + Glenda
Dennis_B
Forum Member only

« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, 01 November, 2011, 11:29:32 AM »

Got Back at 5pm to Melbourne....
Had a fantastic "First" Time meeting you at my debut meet.

So many highlights, and I'd certainly like to thank James & The Committee for organising such a great event.
Can't wait till Next time Smiley
StReek
Forum Member only

The StReek

« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, 01 November, 2011, 12:06:32 PM »

We Got home at 5.00 pm safe and sound.  The little blue terror purred like a kitten all the way (370 k's).  Had a great weekend, made new friends and saw some outstanding Reeks.  Well done everyone.

Taking both cars out 2moro for a Melbourne Cup lunch somewhere in the hills.....  can't believe I want to get back in the car and drive it again so soon might need an extra pillow on the base of the seat  Angry

All the best everyone.

Reek On....

Keith and Cheryl

There's no point applying the brakes when you're sliding on your roof...
WYKED1
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, 01 November, 2011, 10:25:59 PM »

A big thankyou for all the positive feedback
the true thanks are for the members and partners who worked behind the scenes to pull the event off for you
and these include
as my usual Ladies first Rita, Julie, Liz, Kia, Lyn, Mikayla, Andrea, hope I havent forgotten any ladies there but Im suffering sunstroke and I certainly dont want any scorn girls after me (or perhaps I do )
now for the guys Trevor, Paul T, Keith, Anthony, Phil,
so these are the guys who done the hard yakka
not some dumb standup frontman by himself
but again we as a team thankyou all

James
WYKED1
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, 02 November, 2011, 10:16:31 AM »

Here is a few until the experts upload theirs
http://s1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb443/purviseureka/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ20
fingers crossed link works
told you I am no computer guru
james
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, 02 November, 2011, 02:07:10 PM »

So..... pushing for my job huh. Lips Sealed

It worked congratulations.  Grin Shocked

I'm still yet to sort all my pics (over 10gb) and transfer them to the main computa and scale them down from 5mb each.

Got some great shots from the track on Saturday. Shocked

Not sure about posting pics of Saturday night though. Some may not want them up there. Whistle

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
WYKED1
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, 02 November, 2011, 02:50:27 PM »

Phil
Let their secrets out so we can relive the glory or think what was I thinking  Evil

james
PS you can keep your job that was hard enough  Grin
redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #58 on: Thursday, 03 November, 2011, 05:11:41 AM »

got home safe yesterday,Had a great time catching up with everyone and meeting new friends.
The trip home was good except for a hole in a radiator hose that only got
 found when stopping to help a car load of back packers that had blown a head gasket in the middle of nowhere.
Looking forward to next year....
Stig
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #59 on: Thursday, 03 November, 2011, 09:25:05 AM »

Also on the YOUTUBE catagory

http://youtu.be/njbjWrJCPn8    Grin

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: