The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 08:31:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Perth] Allan & Owen's - Purivs Eureka F4  (Read 47514 times)
34hup
Forum Member only

« Reply #15 on: Saturday, 28 July, 2012, 11:26:24 AM »

Hey Owen,

Give Dan Pitic a call, he is the engineer who certified my Eureka (adpitic at yahoo.com) home 93071436 mobile 0419932022. he has just recently completed my engineers report for my 52 Chevy pickup. He is a sensible practical person and believe me there are some interesting characters on the list of approved engineers.

Good Luck

Kym
tool831
Forum Member only

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, 31 July, 2012, 09:07:53 AM »

Hey Owen,

Give Dan Pitic a call, he is the engineer who certified my Eureka (adpitic at yahoo.com) home 93071436 mobile 0419932022. he has just recently completed my engineers report for my 52 Chevy pickup. He is a sensible practical person and believe me there are some interesting characters on the list of approved engineers.

Good Luck

Kym

Do you remember the cost it was for him to check it out?
34hup
Forum Member only

« Reply #17 on: Friday, 07 September, 2012, 12:20:35 PM »

Mine was a lot of work and it was $660 from memory.
tool831
Forum Member only

« Reply #18 on: Friday, 07 September, 2012, 02:10:21 PM »

Ah alright. Well we've decided to go with someone from the recommend list for engineers. $150 for them to come around and inspect/take photos etc.  All they said is they will only look at the motor due to it being non standard. (Since the rest is VW etc)

September 22nd is the date booked. Smiley  Hoping it will go through without issue's once that is done, go back to the pits with all the paper work later on and just continue on. Allan put the ride height back to the way it was, threw out gas shocks updated to spring shocks. (I believe slightly longer too) that just raised it to pass the 100MM rule. Thankfully its now just upto the engineer to do the report and then we head back to the pits.
CyCo

« Reply #19 on: Friday, 07 September, 2012, 03:22:43 PM »

Sounds good. Good luck!

Smiley

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

tool831
Forum Member only

« Reply #20 on: Friday, 21 December, 2012, 04:13:25 PM »

Officially Licensed. laugh

*It's been 4 weeks I think since it's been licensed and forgot to inform all of you here, my mistake.

Dad is currently ironing out small issues, we have a slight heating issue but we believe to have fixed it. The thermostat for unknown reasons had silastic stuck in it. May of caused a blockage, not driven it since to see if this is fixed few other things but nothing major. 100kmh test engine runs smoothly.

Only driven it once since its been licensed and that was just a short 20min run, hoping while on holidays from tomorrow may take it out for a proper cruise.

shonko
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #21 on: Friday, 21 December, 2012, 10:38:19 PM »

Congratulations!

Great looking example too, well done. Enjoy the cruising..........!!! Grin Grin Grin

Shonko
CyCo

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, 22 December, 2012, 10:07:17 AM »

Awesome. Another one haunting the black top.

Grin

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

lucas85
Forum Member only

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, 22 December, 2012, 01:32:16 PM »

very nice mate
ireek
Forum Member only

« Reply #24 on: Saturday, 22 December, 2012, 02:01:29 PM »

Love the colour and the little touches you have done. Looks great.

Anthony
eagle
Forum Member only

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, 23 December, 2012, 05:00:15 AM »

Really neat hope I see it on the road, I just got to pull the top bit of the bottom bit with my reek in the rebuild so have a long way to go before my Reek is on the road. Mine is already licensed so I will not have that problem. By my count when my reek is on the road that will make three reeks in Perth. 
tool831
Forum Member only

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, 23 December, 2012, 02:37:49 PM »

Allan (Aka: Dad) needs some help.

We have a oil pressure problem and trying to solve it, Allan recently installed a mechanical oil pressure gauge to get accurate readings.

The situation: We start the Eureka when cold oil pressure is up, soon as the motor slowly heats up oil pressure slowly drops. We know this is not a oil pump problem and think it could be related to oil we are using. Just need opinions as we both want to get it right and nail it.

The Eureka AlfaSud's engine is currently using 20W/50 (Not synthetic) -  Alfa romeo's workshop manual recommends this.

We are guessing thicker oil is needed but i thought would post here just so we aren't swapping oils etc.  Anyone offer a theory or opinion?  Smiley

CyCo

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, 23 December, 2012, 03:05:11 PM »

Can you give me some more details on the Alfasud engine? What series engine is it (ie, what year if possible), engine capacity, and any mods done to the engine. I'll ask one of the Alfa experts over on the EuroNova forum and see if they can give any pointers. 

Wink

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

tool831
Forum Member only

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, 23 December, 2012, 06:41:14 PM »

Not sure on exact details. Although this is just me, I will double check tomorrow since its 12AM right now.
---------

Just to try and get a idea: I will try and mention many thing's as I can.  laugh

Allan has been following a book that covers 1974 to 1976 Alfasud - The book covers all 4-Cylinder engine's from (Alfasud, Alfasud SE, Alfasud N, Alfasud L, Alfasud TI, Alfasud 5M) All at 1186cc.

I believe we have the Alfasud Ti motor (Alfasud Ti 1.5 flat-four engine) from myself researching it matches, I never saw the Alfa when the motor was ripped out from the wreckers. Dad may know.
**All specs for the Alfasud's can be found http://alfasud.alfisti.net/asch.html

No engine mods have been done, different radiator (Holden Commodore) and a Alfasud adapter plate onto VW gearbox and larger fuel tank. Just to mention those so you can pass it on if needed.  Wink
CyCo

« Reply #29 on: Monday, 24 December, 2012, 10:49:29 AM »

Passed on the message, just waiting on the reply. 

Wink

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: