The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 09:16:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: .
WELCOME TO THE FORUM FOR THE PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB OF AUSTRALIA

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Perth] Allan & Owen's - Purivs Eureka F4  (Read 47517 times)
tool831
Forum Member only

« on: Wednesday, 27 October, 2010, 11:13:21 AM »

Since the old forum was removed, we really lost track of all eureka owners. So I think here we should do fine.  Grin Most info I have copied over for some other places where I have show off our eureka (Such as: FinalGear) as not much has changed.
------------------

This is my dads and myself project this was brought in 2007 $3000 with a damaged motor (Mitsubishi Galant) and have been working on it ever since. It had a rusted out floor pan the engine cover was missing so rain soaked it all the way through. It sits on a VW 1600 chassis. It was parked 2 houses down from my place and was seen in tall grass never moved about 3 years before.

Engine Status:

VW 1600 chassis
Alfa Romeo 44 Cloverleaf
AlfaSud adapter plate
Gas shocks suspension
Machined front brake disks
(Original) Brake drums on the rear
Holden Commodore radiator
Modified fuel tank
1 main battery
-----
Body Status:

Colour: Electric Blue (Ford BA XR8 Blue)
Custom hood
Modifyed boot scoop
Modifyed rear bumper
New front windscreen
Custom made side window frames
Custom made Front bumper air flow metal plate
Front bumper metal scratch plate
Floor pan has been lowered
-----
Interior Status:
Vinyl/padded dashboard
Calibre Gauge - Volt
Calibre Gauge - Oil Pressure
Calibre Gauge - Water Temp
Black Carpet interior
Custom sports steering wheel
Sony XS-GTF1625B Speakers (190W)
Sony CDX-GT27 CD player/Radio
-----
Tour around the 'old' eureka..[Youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VsyPdlsQUA
-----
*5/02/2010*

-----------------------------------------------------

=-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------=

If anything is wrong with posting images or such please let me know.
Toxic-Rock
Forum Member only

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, 27 October, 2010, 11:17:20 AM »

What a beautiful car!!

Rock
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, 27 October, 2010, 10:13:43 PM »

Well done Allan,
                            That's an excellent example. Now we have to get you to Mildura...

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
CyCo

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, 30 October, 2010, 10:29:33 AM »

I remember you and your 'reek Allen. Great to see you made it to these forums. Nothing wrong in posting photos!!! Hope to see more of your top 'reek. 

Grin

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

tool831
Forum Member only

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, 11 January, 2011, 02:33:11 PM »

New Images for 2011 posted.

My dad (Allan) is working away at Murrin Murrin mine, I am posting on behalf of him. He got new tail lights for Christmas, these lights he has been wanting for quite sometime now. I believe $200 each if im not mistaken. The roof issue dad and myself posted about is now fixed its now only small stuff to finish off.
CyCo

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, 11 January, 2011, 03:44:57 PM »

New photos look great. Those tail lights are near perfect! 

One of the better 'reeks out there on the blacktop.

Grin

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, 11 January, 2011, 06:38:27 PM »

one word ... awsomme. Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
tool831
Forum Member only

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, 06 February, 2011, 08:38:58 PM »

Cheers for all the support guys.  Tongue

Here is a new batch of photos taken only yesterday. (Since its 2am right now)

If I could remember my Youtube details, I would of uploaded a video of the engine running.
tool831
Forum Member only

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, 14 July, 2012, 04:43:07 AM »

Hey all,

It has surely been awhile since logged in here. I have fresh new images from today (13/7/12).  The Eureka is finished.

We attempted to get it licensed today, failed.. According to WA licensing center; we need a engineer to look through it all as a "New car" They cannot locate any previous registration from the old number plates; which suit the chassis number, Allan (dad) needs to fill out a form to get it onto the ADR? datebase, including get a engineer report and we failed the 100MM rule.  Angry

*The owner of the Eureka*... Allan (aka: Dad)  Tongue

CyCo

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, 14 July, 2012, 07:41:04 AM »

Great to see you're still posting here, even if it's only once in a blue moon (or Eureka). Wink

Shame about the failed rego attempt though. There are rougher 'reeks on the roads all legal and everything, including mine!! Do you have the previous rego papers? Even if they're from another state, they should help. Or maybe try contacting the previous owner (if at all possible) to see if he has any other paperwork he forgot to hand over or found after you bought it. Or, try finding another engineer that's Eureka friendly, and have another go.

Where abouts did you fail the 100mm rule?

You're almost there, don't give up!

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

tool831
Forum Member only

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, 14 July, 2012, 10:40:57 AM »

Great to see you're still posting here, even if it's only once in a blue moon (or Eureka). Wink

Shame about the failed rego attempt though. There are rougher 'reeks on the roads all legal and everything, including mine!! Do you have the previous rego papers? Even if they're from another state, they should help. Or maybe try contacting the previous owner (if at all possible) to see if he has any other paperwork he forgot to hand over or found after you bought it. Or, try finding another engineer that's Eureka friendly, and have another go.

Where abouts did you fail the 100mm rule?

You're almost there, don't give up!

100mm rule was the ride height, Exhaust and the torsion bar were too low.

We have no rego papers, only a number plates that existed on the car. WA's licensing center cannot find anywhere in AUS that has been registered. We called previous owner nothing we left with nothing of previous rego. We were given a list of engineers that we can go to; unfortunately if its not on the list of places we cannot go there.

What's funny is we were talking to Mary Skopalj, learned today its a F4 not a PL30.  Whistle
CyCo

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, 14 July, 2012, 10:57:22 AM »

Could indeed be a PL30.

Hmm the torsion bar is too low? You can adjust the torsion bar assembly to get the rear end to be higher or lower. It's a tough job and can be potentially dangerous (spring steel under tension). But it can be done. A quick Google later. How much did the torsion bar and exhaust miss the 100mm limit? Then adjust the torsion bar to be high enough to clear the limit, and assuming your exhaust is higher than the torsion bar (probably not though), then you'll be in the clear. Hopefully.

It's up to you if you leave it that way when it's passed the blue slip.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

tool831
Forum Member only

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, 17 July, 2012, 12:12:12 PM »

Could indeed be a PL30.

Hmm the torsion bar is too low? You can adjust the torsion bar assembly to get the rear end to be higher or lower. It's a tough job and can be potentially dangerous (spring steel under tension). But it can be done. A quick Google later. How much did the torsion bar and exhaust miss the 100mm limit? Then adjust the torsion bar to be high enough to clear the limit, and assuming your exhaust is higher than the torsion bar (probably not though), then you'll be in the clear. Hopefully.

Torsion bar is just slightly lower then the exhaust. Not the whole bar but the mounting (Spacers etc)

Being a VW rear suspension, dropped down the spring plate releasing the rear axle and then taking the tension of the spring plate. Lowering it towards the ground takes the tension off the spring plate, taking it off the spline then jacked it in place; thus raising the back end to 125MM.

I should mention that we have strict licensing rules in WA, the Eureka needs to be placed under "light vehicle register" being Kitcar and only 700Kg; need engineer certificate then its ok to attempt to get it licensed.
CyCo

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, 17 July, 2012, 01:41:46 PM »

Yeah, they're pretty draconian over here too. Sounds like you've got it sorted .Hopefully she'll be legal soon.

Grin

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

mr_guy99493
Forum Member only

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, 18 July, 2012, 02:55:43 AM »

Bigger rims, over-inflated tyres, stiffer springs,more pre-load will get you another couple of inches.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: