The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 09:01:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This FORUM is brought to you by the members of the Purvis Eureka Car Club of Australia.
Please consider supporting the CLUB and supporting the Marque by becoming a Club Member

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom PL30 in NSW (ex WA)  (Read 7299 times)
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« on: Saturday, 28 August, 2010, 01:28:08 AM »

Just found this one on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320581176665

It's the one from WA with the red hotwire mags and the bonnet scoop but it does have a T-top and a Subi motor.

PP.

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, 28 August, 2010, 07:07:33 AM »

I remember that one. Maybe Simon or Andrew should go check it out.  Wink

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, 28 August, 2010, 10:32:31 AM »

I'm on it.
             I've sms ed him for a visit this weekend. I'm still after a good 2nd one so this could be it. I love how it's a Pervius reek because it sounds all X rated and poo. It'll probably get me chubby!

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
jacko
Forum Member only

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, 01 September, 2010, 04:04:37 AM »

Hey Simon
        Did you score the  W.A.  reek
    mann I wish  that had of been here in Tassie!  just  what Iwas after
                                                          cheers Mark
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, 01 September, 2010, 06:38:32 AM »

Well, some one got it by the looks. Maybe we'll see them on our forums.  Wink

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, 01 September, 2010, 08:46:41 AM »

Wasn't me kids,
                      I won't buy anything sight unseen and the seller was too slow responding to my sms's. I hope whoever did buy it knows what he's doing/is a member/future member of this forum. This looks like another good example that hopefully won't go to waste.

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
gbear
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, 01 January, 2011, 12:12:37 PM »

Hi All,

Yes it was me.  Only 2 bidders and I won it.  Drove to Sydney to pick up on the most crappiest weather weekend in Sept.  I didn't think I would get it for that price.  The guy on Ebay had the incorrect mobile number in his add so he wondered why no one rang him about it he said.  Good for me Hay!

It's up for a new windscreen, LH side window, 2 headlight protectors and 2 fibre glass shields around the headlights hydraulic roof needs fixing most seals have gone. May look at power ones next year.  Also looking to improve the seats.
The engine is a 1994 2lt turbo and not a 2004 as advertised.  Lots of bits missing on the engine to do with air flow and intercooler is bridged out.  It runs but no idle.

Was registered in WA but under a VW motor.

Had no time to work on as a heart attack got in the way of a good project.

I got the parts and service manual to find out what is need to finish the engine.

2 things concern me.
1. Cooling.
2. Engineering cert for RWC if Vic allow this engine in the car.

I all else fails put a VW engine back in as I cannot wait to get it back on the road..

Now living in Gippsland waiting resto.  It's that low to the ground I have to wait for my hoist to be installed so I can work under it.

Brad
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #7 on: Monday, 03 January, 2011, 05:23:57 AM »

Congrats!

Cooling is an issue, but it can be done. Probably the best bet would be to follow Kyms example, he had the radiator behind the engine at the rear of the vehicle. This eliminates the need for excessive plumbing. I believe he needed to get one piece altere3d, but he used the radiator and piping from the same donor vehicle he got the Subaru motor from.

As for engineering, start by talking with an engineer first. Maybe Shonko can help fin a 'reek friendly engineer for you. Here in NSW, we're permitted up to either a 1.8 turbo or a 2.2 non aspirated engine in these cars. Assuming QLD is something similar, your 2.0 turbo may have issues getting through. But check with an engineer, they may know some loopholes.  

The perspex items aren't that tough to get. Make a cardboard template to fit in place of the perspex (you will probably need one for each headlight cover), then take them to your local perspex/plastics mob. They'll cut them to suit (I also had them drill the holes for the screws and latch on the side windows), then trial fit them when you get home. They'll probably need a bit taken off them, a Dremmel is perfect here. You'll need 3mm perspex.

Good luck, and remember to post up photos!  

Grin

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

ireek
Forum Member only

« Reply #8 on: Monday, 03 January, 2011, 12:27:41 PM »

Hi cyco

We can have 2ltr turbo or 2.5 n/a in nsw.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, 04 January, 2011, 08:26:30 AM »

Well there you go. I'm guessing that unless your chassis is heavily strengthened (like Agroeureka's chassis, that thing will be a beast), most engineers will keep the 1.8t/2.2 n/a limit here in NSW.

But this is about QLD, which will be a different kettle of fish.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

Why does every part need a modification or paint

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, 05 January, 2011, 10:46:34 AM »

Hi

Thanks Cyco but its still a work in process

Andrew

"Just add the blower it will be fine" he said

Then all hell broke loose with large amounts smoke
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print