The Purvis Eureka Forum
Sunday, 21 April, 2024, 02:55:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FIND US ON FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/groups/purviseureka/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My F4 Turbo rotary  (Read 7713 times)
wildsupra
« on: Monday, 02 August, 2010, 11:51:31 PM »

Hey guys i thought i should show some pics of my Eureka i have owned for a few years now.
I purchased it in a million bits and not so loved condition.
Its an F4 licensed with a 13b turbo rotary engine.
I wired in a new Microtech ecu and had it tuned very safely by rotomotion about a month ago. It made 190hp on 6psi on a very safe tune.
In the last month i have pretty much completed all the paint work and am currently finishing off all the lights and wiring and interior.
I took it out over the weekend for it first few test drives and wow does she really get up and move. Quite frightening but so much fun!!
Anyway here are a few pics as it sits as of this weekend.

Cheers
Matty

CyCo

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, 03 August, 2010, 02:12:29 AM »

Welcome Matt!

What a great looking 'reek!! And will certainly get up and boogie with 190hp on tap. Doesn't take a lot to get these things really scoot along.

I dare say you're going to put in some mesh in those vents and the slots on the rear valance? And I'd look at putting a 'aero' style fuel filler on in place of your current one. I don't have one on mine, but it's certainly going to be replaced with one.

Do you know what those popup headlights are from?

Get ready to be the center of attention, with a smick looking 'reek like that, eveyone, and I mean everyone, will be looking at you.   Wink

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

wildsupra
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, 03 August, 2010, 02:57:43 AM »

cheers mate :-) yeah it certainly draws some attention! yeah its still a work in progress as the paint is literally a week old. still need too do the mesh and finish the pop up light setup. along with many other things too finish off. the head lights are out of a supra and i have adapted them too fit. there is no actual headlight globe or wiring in there yet ;-)
CyCo

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, 03 August, 2010, 04:16:41 AM »

Should have guessed the headlights were from a Supra.  lol

Will certainly be an awesome ride when finished.   Grin

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

tmerivale
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, 03 August, 2010, 06:47:50 AM »

WOW!!! what more can be said?
what a stunner of a reek the only thing i can "fault" this with would be as cyco said the fuel filler, would look nice if it was flat against the 'glass, but mate, congrats on this machine, you should be very proud of this lil baby! good on ya champ!

trev
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, 03 August, 2010, 08:13:07 AM »

Welcome Matty,
                       And well done with your reek! Nice colour, good job with the headlights and a rare square rear undersil. Very interesting!

Might I suggest you clean your mags up and paint the insides body colour. I used to have Performance Challengers like yours and they looked hot with a contrasting colour on them.

Again, welcome to the madness!

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
wildsupra
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, 03 August, 2010, 09:36:15 AM »

Cheers for the comments guys, very much appreciated! a lot of work has gone into and ive copped a lot of crap over it, considering the state it was in when i got it and how much i paid for it haha (i feel i was ripped off).....

The fuel filler was a "desperate" measure as i have found one i would like to use, however its been an expensive month and all the cool bits need to wait until the bank balance recovers lol

As for the wheels i was thinking black centres with polished lips etc.
The possibly even paint the rear diffuser spoiler thingy (near rear window) black also to break up the blue a little bit. Havent decided yet though.

Here's a pic of the car about a week after i got it and managed to find enough parts to sort of slap it together as such.... i literally recieved the car fully stripped and no panels attached to the car :/
Except for the replacement engine which had been fitted by some clown and was clearley never ever going to work like that!!

I pulled the motor out to check everything, has new button clutch fitted now and a top mount intercooler, side mount radiator setup, alloy fuel tank etc etc

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: