The Purvis Eureka Forum
Sunday, 21 April, 2024, 01:38:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FIND US ON FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/groups/purviseureka/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cover Car - Hot Fours  (Read 6807 times)
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« on: Monday, 12 July, 2010, 10:10:54 PM »

Hi kids,
          Check out the latest copy of Hot Fours, available from Wednesday.

http://imodify.com.au/node/152

The cover car ( my first cover car! ) is the Lexus IS250 I've mentioned many times on this forum already. Be aware, I also did the nightmare airbag install on this car which failed to rate an acknowledgement.

Also though, there is a further two articles I wrote in the mag, one on my current project: the iModify/Hookitup.co R34 Skyline, also viewable on the iModify homepage. The other story is an insight to how I do suicide doors. It might appear informative but in reality I've kept my hard-learnt secrets to myself. Enjoy!

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, 13 July, 2010, 04:20:23 AM »

Looks awesome, I may have to pick Hot4s up this week. Those rear suicide doors look like they would have been a bastard to fabricate.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

Why does every part need a modification or paint

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, 15 July, 2010, 12:39:32 AM »

Hi

Looks good as i said in your shop but i dont think it would pass the Andrew test (Laps of eastern creek well under 2 minutes)
Would like to see your articles and also the r34 if its in your shop but new job is 12hour days 6 days a week hoping soon to finish these hours will drop in when able.

Andrew

Ps are you going to Motorex as an exhibitor

"Just add the blower it will be fine" he said

Then all hell broke loose with large amounts smoke
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #3 on: Friday, 16 July, 2010, 09:44:23 AM »

Hi Andrew,
               I've been forced to move into a bigger shop as a co-occupier with a panel beater mate due to workload and demand. Project Skyline is at my new shop.

And yes, I've got an exhibit with Hookitup.co at the Motorex right next to the Lexus IS250 display. Girls, shirts, giveaways, flyers: everythings been organised. I'm hanging out for it.

While I'm there I'm also going to submit myself for selection in the Owen Webb/Troy Trepanier Scholarship. This is it's second year running. The chosen applicant gets to spend a month learning customising at the premuim car modifying shop in the world: Rad Rides by Troy in the US. This is the ultimate accolade. Customisers would kill for this. I actually think I've got half a decent chance at winning it. We'll see.

See you at the Motorex!

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
StReek
Forum Member only

The StReek

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, 17 July, 2010, 11:15:32 AM »

O....M....F....G....       Just Stunning.......   no more needs to be said.....  great job.....

S t R e e k   .  .      . 

There's no point applying the brakes when you're sliding on your roof...
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, 17 July, 2010, 12:28:30 PM »

I picked up a copy of Hot 4s today and read it whist at work. That Lexus is amazing. Great metalwork Simon!!   Grin Cool

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

Why does every part need a modification or paint

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, 18 July, 2010, 02:50:44 AM »

Hi

Good to hear I had been wondering how you were going
You will have to send me your new address so i can pop by
I have been flat out at this new project and if i pull this off i have a 10+5 year contract with big bonus and pay, will pay for a lot of my projects and more.
I will endeavor to call before i decide to pop out to motorex.
So are you teaming up at the larger shop or just convenience of a empty space a bit cheaper.

Andrew

PS Most cars look better in metal being constructed than finished

"Just add the blower it will be fine" he said

Then all hell broke loose with large amounts smoke
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: