The Purvis Eureka Forum
Thursday, 25 April, 2024, 09:00:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: .
WELCOME TO THE FORUM FOR THE PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB OF AUSTRALIA

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clone of Philinsa's 'Blank' 'reek in NZ.  (Read 7732 times)
CyCo
CLUB Member

« on: Monday, 07 June, 2010, 12:06:40 PM »

On display in the Te Papa Tongarewa history museum.

Have a couple of other great looking cars there too,

Ever wanted a air cooled V8 for your reek? They exist, just bloody rare. Oh and they're Russian.

http://images.travelpod.com/users/jkirby/world2007.1204229700.1936-tatra-saloon-model-77x-air-cooled-v8.jpg

It's a 1936 Tatra Saloon Model 77, air cooled v8.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Jase
Forum Member only

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, 08 June, 2010, 12:05:07 PM »

Hey mate sorry to tell you Tatra's are Czech and were built for a good while

Theres a few out here in Aus

They're still building trucks

Have a look here, air cooled V8s nothing sounds like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m50so887y4Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SLYQwCoBNk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3m7dIz8ugg&feature=watch_response
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, 08 June, 2010, 01:31:05 PM »

I was actually thinking Czech, but typed Russian. I know they're were Czech, as there was a Tatra in I think it was a Shannons auction earlier this year. Was brought over from there for their embassy here in the ACT.

But I certainly didn't know they still made cars!! And that aircooled V8 sounds great!! Loved the look of that MTX V8 sports car.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. Was it my link that brought you here, or do you own a Eureka?

Cheesy

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Morris
CLUB Member

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, 08 June, 2010, 02:34:23 PM »

Hi CyCo   12 months ago my wife and I spent 3 hrs. in the Southward Car Museum where the white reek is housed. I could have spent 3 days! It is 50 km. north of Wellington at a place called Paraparaumu. They have 350 cars on display plus a lot of other stuff. Check out
www.thecarmuseum.co.nz  I dont know how to put links to these things. If anyone goes to NZ - DO NOT MISS THIS PLACE! Also if your into Caterpillar Tractors Check out www.caterpillarexperience.co.nz further north at Rotorua.

Happy Traveling  Morris
Morris
CLUB Member

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, 08 June, 2010, 02:40:04 PM »

As you may have worked out I just leant some thing (I think) The link thing did itself!
Either I was or still am an idiot

Morris
cruetoone
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, 09 June, 2010, 03:15:10 AM »

hey morris
i've spent 2 weeks in NZ 13 years ago now but on a bus a trip covering the places you mentioned but i wasn't aware of  a reek on show till now ... Sad
it may of worked if you used the third buttonon from the left above the smiley faces or sites with www load automatically like in emails i will try it too as check i am always into learning something new...
http://www.thecarmuseum.co.nz/
cruetoone
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, 09 June, 2010, 03:18:18 AM »

yep it does copy an pasting straight from the address bar with out insert hyperlink does work ... Afro
barsted
CLUB Member

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, 17 July, 2010, 09:02:27 AM »

Another way you can go is using the, perhaps, more available engine from the Honda Coupe 9 circa 1968. Transverse mounted front wheel drive, 1300cc  inline 4 cylinder twin cam, alloy block with 4 carbs, extractors, AIR cooled and DRY sump! 135HP, the first production engine to exceed 100HP/litre. That would be pretty good in an 800kg car and not too heavy to stick in the back of a Eureka.

Ted
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, 18 July, 2010, 05:22:36 AM »

Another way you can go is using the, perhaps, more available engine from the Honda Coupe 9 circa 1968. Transverse mounted front wheel drive, 1300cc  inline 4 cylinder twin cam, alloy block with 4 carbs, extractors, AIR cooled and DRY sump! 135HP, the first production engine to exceed 100HP/litre. That would be pretty good in an 800kg car and not too heavy to stick in the back of a Eureka.

Ted

Or for that matter, a Citron DS or DI. They're FMM, or front mid mount. Basically the placement or the engine/gearbox is swapped around, so the gearbox is in front of the engine. This was done so that they could retain the curvature of the long bonnet, helping to keep the drag coefficient low. Get one of the last versions, they were around 2.4 liters. Not bad for a 4 cylinder. It's just a shame that they're getting scarce, and parts are costly, especially the cv's.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: