The Purvis Eureka Forum
Sunday, 21 April, 2024, 03:17:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This FORUM is brought to you by the members of the Purvis Eureka Car Club of Australia.
Please consider supporting the CLUB and supporting the Marque by becoming a Club Member

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting Internet find (pertaining to windscreens).  (Read 5853 times)
CyCo
CLUB Member

« on: Saturday, 01 May, 2010, 10:13:41 AM »

I just found something somewhat interesting, and hell, it may even prove useful.

I found a pdf file* for a windscreen supplier.

And it lists windscreens for both the Sport and PL30/F4 on page 149. Listed recommended retail price is $330 and $ 390 respectively.

It also mentions the various dimensions of both windscreens.

The pdf file is effective of September or 2009! So effectively current.

The company is Protector, who I must admit I've never heard of before. But they say Australian Wide. I'm assuming they supply windscreens to mobs like Windscreens O'Brian, etc.

I don't know if we know about this particular supplier at the moment or not. If we do, Mods please remove this post. Or maybe move it elsewhere.

* above link is straight to said pdf file. 660kb in size.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, 01 May, 2010, 10:36:27 AM »

protector are a privately owned company i would put them in the same category as perhaps pilkinton glass manufactures  who supplie glass to all the small business that maybe you have seen on the central coast because i know of the one in sydney an nowra looking briefly at the locator.. it is a good find cause they have branches in our respective states an cities close to people...it would make a useful link ...
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, 01 May, 2010, 12:50:59 PM »

I went to Protector probably 18 months ago.
Yeh Yeh Yeh they said, we can get a Sports Screen, it's on our list.

Great, I said and paid a deposit.
3 weeks later, I called in to see where it was and they said that they cannot get one. They returned my deposit.

But that was 18months ago.

They may be able to get one now and I bet it will be from Moran Glass.
Easier to go direct

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, 01 May, 2010, 02:18:24 PM »

Ok, fair enough. As I said, I didn't know where we stood on where to get our windscreens atm. It's just interesting that this is the first time I've seen that pdf turn up in my searches, especially when I did a search earlier this week and it didn't come up.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Qldsports
Forum Member only

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, 02 May, 2010, 12:33:42 AM »

Protector are the only manufacturers of windscreens in Oz, they make the screens for the other companies such as Morans,Obriens & so on unless they are imported from china. I know this because I work for PGI Protector Glass Industries. The sport screen mould is owned by Old Sports Qld a member of our club.
Cheers

Always a work in progress
cruetoone
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, 02 May, 2010, 07:22:21 AM »

a man on the inside now you can't get better than that.. Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: