The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 26 April, 2024, 09:32:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This FORUM is brought to you by the members of the Purvis Eureka Car Club of Australia.
Please consider supporting the CLUB and supporting the Marque by becoming a Club Member

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: found this one in just cars magazine  (Read 5225 times)
cruetoone
« on: Wednesday, 28 April, 2010, 06:14:12 PM »

heres hoping this is a newbie for this section...
http://www.justauto.com.au/justcars/buy_and_sell/for_sale/580df35b-aee0-4b1f-8a01-729ea4a29534http://
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, 29 April, 2010, 12:21:35 AM »

It's been listed on here before, as an ebay auction. And I think it's the one being sold by luter. Not registered, bit if he could get it a RWC at least for the buyer, it sounds like a fair sale as it looks to be in cood condition. Though for that cash I'd like a bit more poke from my engine than a 1600.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, 29 April, 2010, 02:41:18 PM »

thats a tad harsh an engine has no bearing on cost..
tmerivale
« Reply #3 on: Friday, 30 April, 2010, 06:14:25 AM »

volkswagen motors do have potential with some of them that are turboed running mid 8's down the 1/4 no im not talking down the 1/8 na can easily see some of these well and truely proven to be running 13s no worries with nothing too flash just a slightly worked motor.

i havent read the article properly and cant be too bothered but i believe it was rebuilt? if im wrong i apologise but if it has been it may have started off as a 1600 but might now be bigger if bored out or whatever else he has decided to do.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #4 on: Friday, 30 April, 2010, 06:47:50 AM »

Engine capacity sure has an indicator when it comes to cost. Now if the 1600 in this car has been warmed over, then it may be worth the 7k. It mentions that the engine is reconditioned.

To look at it one way, you've just put in a water cooled engine, bought a radiator and various sections of plumbing, fans etc. And that doesn't factor into the cost? I know you almost never get your $$$ back on a modified vehicle, but the work that goes into a vehicle does influence it's resale value.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #5 on: Friday, 30 April, 2010, 02:24:42 PM »

i agree with that cause the whole car has to have a mighty overall appearance too.. Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: