The Purvis Eureka Forum
Sunday, 21 April, 2024, 01:53:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: .
WELCOME TO THE FORUM FOR THE PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB OF AUSTRALIA

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shannons Aussie Classic Car Show  (Read 12719 times)
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« on: Friday, 23 April, 2010, 02:00:10 PM »

G'day gang,

Shannons Aussie Classic Car Show is on Sunday May the 2nd 2010 at Flemington Racecourse in Victoria.

They sent me about 15 full colour 4 page advert/flyer/entry forms and a covering note saying,
"... We would like to positively encourage your club's low volume Aussie made vehicles to display at our show.
We offer a trophy for the best presented low volume Aussie car on display, and it would be great to have a Eureka take off the award..."

Now obviously the Dweebster isn't going to be top of their list for that award but it certainly is going to be there anyway and I sure would love to have several more Reeks on display there alongside mine (or maybe in front of it to hide it) so get in on the fun and make it a date.

All the details you need about this event are at www.aussiecarshow.com so have a squiz and don't be scared.

Here's a pic from when we attended in 2005.

PP.

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #1 on: Friday, 23 April, 2010, 02:34:07 PM »

Hide Dweeby?!!! No I say!! Have it out front. It says, "Yes, the paint is crap, but you're still picking up your jaw from the sheer awesomeness of my car".

Besides, who needs an award. Bah! 

Tongue

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #2 on: Friday, 23 April, 2010, 03:57:49 PM »

shannons put on a great day no matter what you guys give them hell an make us all proud ....
Dweeby is an individual but aren't all eureka's isn't that why we love them ..  Shocked
ak0412
Forum Member only

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, 24 April, 2010, 09:15:14 AM »

Might be a good place to show dad's car.

I'm going to try to get my dad's car there
tmerivale
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, 25 April, 2010, 11:29:12 AM »

if you can get your dads car there that would be good because im sure there would be a few people that might be interested but at the least it would make good advertisement if it was in a show especially with a trophy in its name. good luck champ
cruetoone
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, 28 April, 2010, 01:31:13 PM »

what a great idea a potential sale keep your options open on price.. Wink
most of all enjoy the show ... Smiley
ak0412
Forum Member only

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, 02 May, 2010, 05:02:49 AM »

my dad is unable to get this event due to a prior engagement he cannot get out of (although he tried)

it would have been a great opportunity to meet some fellow Eureka owners and maybe to sell the car too

we hope the day brings some highlight to the Eureka name.

Have a great day
cruetoone
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, 02 May, 2010, 04:56:45 PM »

that's a shame don't you drive.. Sad
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, 05 May, 2010, 01:37:56 PM »

Well it was cold and a bit breezy but Glenn and I flew the flag anyway.

Glenn entered the judging but got pipped by a Bolwell Mark 4 race car (kit car??  Huh?) so we were feeling a bit dudded by that but hey, we were there answering plenty of questions and getting lots of looks as per usual.  Cool

Then right at the end Allan dropped by to say g'day  Smiley

So to top it all of I visited Fred and Adrian on the way home and Fred took me for a spin in his blue F4 .... very very nice indeed Grin

PP.

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, 05 May, 2010, 02:59:18 PM »

Onya guys

Good to see Glen is still out n about

Was thinking of you on the day.

Interesting wheels on Dweeb

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
cruetoone
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, 06 May, 2010, 11:17:58 AM »

your car shows up great in pictures an i have been for a spin in dweeby thats's nothing to sigh about it's a hoot that you guys were in the show at least you guys can be thankful for that i wish i was just in amongst it even from a photgraphic stand point .. Smiley
tmerivale
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, 06 May, 2010, 11:32:17 AM »

im 99.99% certain that the bolwell's were kitters too. my dad said a few days after the show "so did you go to the car show" was shattered that i forgot the dates! been run off my feet at the moment.
there will always be more events to come but good on ya for taking the toys out guys Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: