The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 08:25:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This FORUM is brought to you by the members of the Purvis Eureka Car Club of Australia.
Please consider supporting the CLUB and supporting the Marque by becoming a Club Member

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is it Worth?  (Read 30745 times)
StReek
Forum Member only

The StReek

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, 06 April, 2010, 02:50:25 PM »

Not certain how to respond to that, but I was serious about the value of the Reeks......and so was he....

Assuming that was a joke, nice one Cruetoone Smiley

S t R e e k   .  .      . 

There's no point applying the brakes when you're sliding on your roof...
cruetoone
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, 06 April, 2010, 02:56:16 PM »

sorry StReek ...people's first thoughts of eureka 's as a ferrari because mine was mistaken as lotus no jokes intended but i can see how it came across... Wink Grin but i do see the funny side of it after rereading it... Wink 
you have great car by the way no joke intended in the comment.. Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
ak0412
Forum Member only

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, 07 April, 2010, 12:25:33 PM »

Hi Guys,

I've added a few new photos at

http://s767.photobucket.com/albums/xx320/ak0412/What%20is%20it%20Worth/

Not sure if it matters, the engine is a EA82

We are still not sure what price to put on the car...

and back in 1994, Tom Solund was going the use this car for demo purposes... and I think it is one of the last complete units to come out of the dandenong factory.

Also we remember that there was a mid mounted engine unit Tom was playing around with back then, we are not sure if this eureka is still around, does anyone know?

Thanks, Adrian
StReek
Forum Member only

The StReek

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, 07 April, 2010, 01:18:38 PM »

No worries Cruetoone, but I would seriously like to have this pony in my stable....  I really like this reek  ....  Problem is the boss won't let me part with the StReek and I don't have room for three of them....  what a dilemna.....  Hmmmmmmmm  thinking................thinking...............  I'll get back to you when I see what the price is for this one......

StReek.....

tmerivale
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, 07 April, 2010, 01:39:36 PM »

sell the boss and put a roller door through your bedroom wall Tongue
cruetoone
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, 07 April, 2010, 02:01:49 PM »

hey ak0412...
i would advetise the car at 25 like me an Streek said you can always come down in price but not up... it wouldn't bother me if it had an ea82 in it cause my ex reek had v w 1600 so i would see it as a huge step up the interior is so clean i was the looking over the photo's an thought you had problem with the canopy lift cause i noticed it was proped up with a pice of timber  i wouldn't  use that in an advertising stand point ...would i be correct you paid 12,000 back in 94 so looking for a profit is not such a bad thing the up keep of the car an respray is a huge benefit in this ... is that the same car the yellow an the blue cause i am awestruck of the makeover i would never believe that they are the same car.... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

hey Streek ... if i had stable i would be the proud owners of twins thats if it was still  yellow one sports an one f4 sorry Adrian i am drooling over the car the colour the pinstriping the rims so they wouldn't be identicle but i can dream i miss my ex ole girl.... Wink Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, 07 April, 2010, 10:20:45 PM »

Hi Adrian,
              Your reek is a high quality example. And you have a subi donk on an IRS rear end so that's a big positive. Paint, interior, everything looks good. Your absolute minimum should be no less than 18 G's. I'd realistically ask for 20 to 22.

This is another reek I'd happily put in my garage, once again like everybody else, if I had the money! Good luck with the sale.

The remains of the mid mount reek are under a cover at Ted's rural Sydney property. It was completely stripped when Ted and I found it. There's nothing left but the front half of the body tub, which has been seriously hacked up. It's only good for parts now.

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #37 on: Thursday, 08 April, 2010, 07:55:55 AM »

Ok, having seen the additional photos, I'll up my original estimate to $18,000 minimum. I think if you were asking $25,000 for it you might scare away most potential buyers, but like Simon said, you might just get $22,000 for it. It's a very nice looking specimen.

One question, what's the hatch in the air intake for? What ever it's for, it looks neatly done.

As for mid mount 'reeks, I know of several that had/were in the process of being converted, including a prototype by Allan Purvis. But as far as I know of, none have been on the road or even completed. I also know of one Nova that's got a mid mounted engine, but that car also has a full custom space chassis.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

ak0412
Forum Member only

« Reply #38 on: Thursday, 08 April, 2010, 09:12:40 AM »

The hatch in the air intake is for the radiator top-up, the highest point in the cooling system... good to bleed the system.  Dad was always worried about the engine overheating... but it never did.

My dad props up the roof with a stick because he leaves it open when it is parked in the garage, it might stay parked there for a couple of weeks or months without it going out, and he takes the battery out too... he starts the car a couple of times a month.

The picture with yellow car is not the same... but the car was originally yellow tho... it is just a sales brochure my dad had before he bought the car.

The $12K my dad paid back in 1994 was only the beginning... at the end he spent well in excess of $20K

your feedback has been great.

Regards, Adrian
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #39 on: Thursday, 08 April, 2010, 09:36:07 AM »

Ah, I thought it may have been for the radiator.  Wink

I wonder it Allan has found a 'reek yet.   Wink

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

tmerivale
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, 08 April, 2010, 11:48:58 AM »

Adrian, i think your now just teasing us all! with the more pics that get added the more we all want it! (pretty sure i can talk for all when saying this) i dont think it will take long for you to sell it if your willing to negotiate your price. like a few have already stated id be highly considering starting at 22 or even 22.5 and then accept something of as low as 20 flat but anything much less of 20 flat would be selling yourself short i think.

good luck again with the sale
cruetoone
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, 08 April, 2010, 12:29:06 PM »

yours to adrian thanx for the info i had a feeling a good idea was behind it...
ahh hem trev not for me you don't ... Wink Grin
i like the added photo's my eyes blur from them knowing i can't have this car cause i need a garage first to house this fine beast...  CoolCry Cry
StReek
Forum Member only

The StReek

« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, 13 April, 2010, 01:33:17 PM »

This is painful to wait for, what will the price be and which car do I sell to get it..........Smiley  Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?
What a tease............ great car and a sale price as suggested above I reckon.  The best of luck selling it............
Do we (the disturbed enthusiasts) get first bid before it goes on to one of the car selling sites Huh??

I can't watch......I'm calling the bank...........I can hear them laughing now..........

like Vincent Price on the end of the Thriller album.....

We'll see....

Reek on all.......get em out and be proud

S t R e e k   .  .      . 

cruetoone
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, 13 April, 2010, 03:29:39 PM »

who would laugh like vincent price at the end of thriller not me...
i would be watching if it went on ebay i enjoy a killer thriller.. Cheesy
don't you have an every day car or two to sell rather than call the bank ...
i think it would great if a forum /club member bought it at least it would stay amongst the group.. Smiley
at the end of the day you would just be showing a cool insanity for the passion of an excellent  car going by the picture's good luck i hope you get it.... Wink
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, 14 April, 2010, 01:17:38 PM »

yeh we need more in SA  Grin

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: