The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 30 March, 2024, 04:04:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mine!  (Read 7801 times)
slaterbug69
Forum Member only

« on: Friday, 06 February, 2009, 12:43:13 PM »

Greetings guys and girls,
I chatted with a few of you late last year for some advice and hot leads in my search for a Eureka (I'm turning 39 this year and figure its time to start planning for my midlife crisis . . .) and I just wanted to give anyone who cares a bit of an update. In just over a week, I will be the proud new owner of a particularly nice red 'reek, hot off the transporter from W.A. and into my hot little South Australian hands! For anyone who knows of the car, I've bought Russell Brain's machine, which, if it's half as good as it looks and sounds, should be a very tidy example of the species. As some of you may remember, i'm hoping to use it to help publicise a rockschool that I run (which is as sound an excuse as any to finally buy a car that I've wanted since I was a kid) and I figure hot cars and rock 'n' roll go hand in hand.

Just wanted to express my thanks to everyone who welcomed me, offered me advice and invited me to come over and check out their own cars, I'm still looking forward to catching up with all of you S.A. folk soon, work and my life in general have been a bit full-on since December, so haven't yet had the chance to make the most of your hospitality.

I'll be in touch when it's finally in my possession, so that somebody can explain to me what the hell I'm supposed to do with it now that I've finally got one.

Lee (Slaterbug 69)
WYKED1
« Reply #1 on: Friday, 06 February, 2009, 12:56:59 PM »

Welcome Lee
another one for us cant get much better than that
hope you can make Mildura
James
dodgy
« Reply #2 on: Friday, 06 February, 2009, 12:59:03 PM »

Congrats Lee, welcome to the madness.... Tongue will u make it to our Birdwood cruise on 22 Feb? if not we have more runs coming up in March and April. Look forward to seeing your new arrival soon.
Dodgy ....      ...     ..  vrooooom  vrooooooooom  ....     .  ..  ...
StReek
Forum Member only

The StReek

« Reply #3 on: Friday, 06 February, 2009, 01:40:08 PM »

Congratulations on your purchase...  I was only telling another owner today that if I had the spare reddies, I would have bought that one in a blink.....Can't wait to see it close up...

Be good to catch up and find out a bit more about the rock school too.   I've been in bands for about 13 years now....the last one was really great fun (6 piece) pub band.  Had a ball.  Still got the complete PA in the garage, stacked up next to the Eurekas (massive Wharfedale fronts, hand made monitors, Senheiser wireless mike, 20 channel (30m) multicore, 20 channel (1000w) powered desk, amps, lights, smoke, stands........................the list goes on).  We must catch up.

Well done, be nice to have a new local club member and another car in SA

StReek    .........   ......  ....   ..     Shocked

There's no point applying the brakes when you're sliding on your roof...
cruetoone
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, 07 February, 2009, 04:49:36 AM »

curious is it Jack black or Gene Simmons rock school.. also
brave buying without seeing you must have a rock mentality ..ahahahahahehe

was it this one
slaterbug69
Forum Member only

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, 07 February, 2009, 11:44:41 AM »

Yep, that be the one. Russell had quite a few high res snapshots of the car for me to check out, sadly the option of just 'popping over for a quick tyre-kick' wasn't really on the cards. And you're right, it seemed like the rock thing to do. It's on a par with getting hammered and then hitting a tattoo parlour. . .
cruetoone
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, 07 February, 2009, 11:54:05 AM »

Well lee i hope you enjoy it looks like a cool ride cool people on this site an some of them holla from SA i'm sure you'll be invited to cruises an meet an greets....
barab13
« Reply #7 on: Friday, 20 February, 2009, 01:50:49 PM »

lee just came across your post congrats your reek looks tops hope to find one soon my self  barab13
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: