The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 07:02:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who owns Purvis Eureka now?  (Read 19112 times)
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, 28 December, 2011, 10:04:07 PM »

Hi Dennis,
                The container, it's complete (historical) contents and the Eureka Car Company could be yours for around 10 gorillas.

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, 29 December, 2011, 02:13:36 AM »

But as I understand it, last I heard the molds for the car have perished and would need to be remade, costing at least another $10,000.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Dennis_B
Forum Member only

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, 29 December, 2011, 02:54:31 PM »

Simon:
Thanks for the information... is there anything in the way of Body Parts etc still remaining or is it just Old Moulds & Historical information?
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, 29 December, 2011, 11:41:09 PM »

Hi Dennis,
              I'm under the impression the smaller moulds are intact and possibly useable: undersills, bonnets, dash etc because they were stored inside and under cover. If the roof mould was useable you'd get your money back very quickly. As for available body parts I think Paul sold everything he could. Darren (the Stig) has probably the last virgin kit out of the mould purchased indirectly from Paul.

The best person to speak to on this would be Stuart (StuFarny) who actually made a video of the inside of the factory before it was moved into the container. He has a far better idea of the container's contents.

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, 01 January, 2012, 11:17:39 PM »

Well, that's better news than what I heard before. At least the molds sound like they're repairable.

As for the other range of parts they used to do, didn't they also do the fiberglass bits for the BaJa Bug conversion/kit? Man I used to want to do one of those up!!

A slight aside, I bet the various molds for the HDT Commadore and the Sigma Turbo probably met the same sad end.  Sad

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

gbear
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #20 on: Monday, 02 January, 2012, 11:11:20 AM »

HI,

Ive tried to ring to owner several time for info but he never answers my calls.  Is he still in communication?

I'm chasing info on the seat molds, but now it looks like I have to find someone with a bare FGlass seat and copy it. Also would like to get some rear stickers off of him.

Brad
radekp81
Forum Member only

« Reply #21 on: Monday, 02 January, 2012, 12:55:44 PM »

Hi,

I have a pair of seats which I'll strip to re-upholster this year.  I'm probably about 3 months off trimming them if you wanted to borrow one to make a mould in the time being?

"Give a car more power and it will be quicker in a straight line. Make a car lighter and it will be quicker everywhere"

Colin Chapman 1928-1982.
StuFarny
Forum Member only

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, 15 January, 2012, 01:19:40 PM »

I did talk to Allan Purvis at one of the meets about resurecting the main body mould, and his view was that it would be better to make a new one, as when I last saw them the wooden frames were rotted out and therefore become warped. As far as the smaller parts, the moulds could be re-used as long as the frames were still intact where fitted. But as its been discussed before, the cost of making a new set of moulds for the entire car would roughly be $10,000. The only requirement is someone to donate an un-assembled car with an excellent body to take the moulds from.
The video I have filmed at the factory before it closed, gives a view of what was available at the time prior to Paul Nelson moving it out.
When I visited the factory, the main body moulds had only recently been moved indoors, after being out in the Melbourne weather for many years.
I did speak to Paul Nelson's father shortly after them making the move to Sydney, and he told me they threw a heap of stuff (including some moulds) up the tip!

They kept only what "they thought" was "Eureka", anything else had to go, as otherwise they couldnt fit everything in the shipping containers.

Ive yet to make copies onto DVD of the video as 1 or 2 members have asked me for a copy.

Stu

Dennis_B
Forum Member only

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, 15 January, 2012, 02:10:01 PM »

Seems as if the contents of this shipping container itself would be of limited value, other than the Trading Name/Intellectual Property which would probably have expired in terms of ownership anyhow.
The concept of the Purvis Eureka Car Club of Australia being the custodian of all things Eureka, either in the Past or Future does have some romantic appeal to me itself, however I guess that would depend on Paul Nelson's value on this current asset.
Dennis_B
Forum Member only

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, 17 May, 2012, 12:34:27 PM »

Has anyone seen the contents of these Filing Cabinets... I assume most paperwork would be ftowards the end of Eureka History due to the Fires etc in the Original Factory.
Does anyone have any contact details for Paul Nelson?
WYKED1
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, 19 May, 2012, 12:11:36 PM »

Dennis.

We have the best part of the Purvis Eureka history in the form of Allan Purvis as a club patron
and he is more than happy to tell you anything that you and anyone else would like to know regarding the history of these cars.

Allan will be in Bathurst this year so for any who have never met this man do yourself a favour and come along to Bathurst and meet him in person.

He truly is a gentleman of the highest caliber and a joy to listen to.

regards

James
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: