The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 29 March, 2024, 11:13:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This FORUM is brought to you by the members of the Purvis Eureka Car Club of Australia.
Please consider supporting the CLUB and supporting the Marque by becoming a Club Member

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who owns Purvis Eureka now?  (Read 19119 times)
mrtomt
Forum Member only

« on: Saturday, 13 March, 2010, 06:42:25 AM »

Hi List,

I'm sure this is known to most, but what happened to the Purvis Eureka car company? When were they last trading?
Thanks in advance,
Tom
redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, 13 March, 2010, 06:46:54 AM »

paul nelson in sydney.
not much has happened it years apart from a few bit on ebay thats about it.
,,darren
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, 13 March, 2010, 08:03:52 AM »

Wasn't he calling it Eureka Sports Cars or something like that? At any rate, he bought it with the idea to turn it into a low volume sports car manufacturer, basing the fiberglass shell on a custom space frame chassis motivated with a Subaru donk (or to customers orders). What he didn't realise was the huge cost in setting up a vehicle business in todays world of redtape.   Sad

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, 13 March, 2010, 08:42:10 AM »

i guess at the end of the day we be thank full for the 60's 70's an 80's for the classic cars we have today..an hope a new buyer can be found to resurect the low slung sportscars idea again... if only i had a multimillion dollars at hand ...
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, 13 March, 2010, 10:02:00 AM »

Brace yourselves then kids.
                                       I have big news!

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

Why does every part need a modification or paint

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, 13 March, 2010, 10:32:16 AM »

Ok

Out with it!!!!!
Keeping secrets will only lead to me having to come around and getting you drunk to get the information.

Andrew

"Just add the blower it will be fine" he said

Then all hell broke loose with large amounts smoke
cruetoone
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, 13 March, 2010, 11:01:43 AM »

no one is more than capable than you simon to take on the task ....  Cool
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, 13 March, 2010, 02:28:30 PM »

Ok

Out with it!!!!!
Keeping secrets will only lead to me having to come around and getting you drunk to get the information.

Andrew

I'll come along with you Andrew.   Wink Cheesy Grin

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, 13 March, 2010, 11:39:53 PM »

Ok, ok!
          Long story leading up to this news but you need to know the background so I'll condense it as best I can.

About 2 years ago at the Sydney MotorEx I was introduced to a young asian Australian named David who wanted to know if I could build him a car. "Ooo good, big job" I thought. Then he said outright he was building his own car company. Of course, my initial inward response was "yeah right!" but I'm not the sort of person to be negative, so I listened....

It turned out David was extremely well educated with engineering qualifications etc by all the big names like Lotus and Bertini coming out his proverbial. He was also very well connected with more than 40 international designers from companies like BMW, Maserati and Pagini (to name a very few!) onboard who also shared his dream.

To back this up he had approvals in writing from everybody you could think of to start a car company, including the Australian Government, ADR's, the RTA and probably one from God if I'd gone that far deep in the pile.

At that time, David's primary concern was a suitable chassis to base his car on, not investors like you'd expect.  He had tentative financial backers ready to go. Over the following years we conducted several meetings, some at my workshop, where he'd suck my knowledge dry on actual car building processes and production techniques. He also fell in love with my reek, asked me endless questions about it and researched all he could in relation to it.

In our recent meeting last month he's asked to be put in contact with Paul Nelson, the current owner of the Eureka Car Company, with the intention of buying the company from him.   Ok kids, I know what you're thinking. What becomes of the company?

Believe me, David is the right buyer for us. Not only does he want to provide hard-to-get replacement panels for us (main body, roofs!) for the longevity of our existing reeks, but he's got the men and capability behind him to design and evolve a new reek for this century. He's happy to base it on a VW or similar platform if necessary so the average punter can still build one.

He's specific that the history/documentation in the 40ft container where the company is being stored by Paul will not be lost. He realises that a companies' beginnings are just as important as their current status and he know's the Eureka is a major Australian kit car icon. Hell, even Paul Nelson knows that David is the right guy for us.

Our cars, our history and our future is all looking poo hot kids. If you want to know more about David and his dream click here:

www.goy.com.au

Be aware: this offer has been in play for about a month. There should be an indication soon. The PECCA committee was informed as it happened. As a sideline to this news, I've been asked to oversee/supervise/help build the Goy prototype beginning next month at an undisclosed location. Poo just doesn't get any hotter than this kids...

Simon  

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

Why does every part need a modification or paint

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, 14 March, 2010, 01:39:04 AM »

Well done
I dont know what to say

Will this prototype be at metalsmith land?

Need a project manager :Smiley :Smiley :Smiley

Andrew

"Just add the blower it will be fine" he said

Then all hell broke loose with large amounts smoke
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, 14 March, 2010, 06:54:45 AM »

I think I remember you saying something about this once, a couple of years ago. But I didn't realize that it was still ongoing. I'd love to see a re imaged Eureka. I even had a few concept sketches I drew up not long after I got the 'reek. But I knew that unless I ended up with a squillion $$$ or serious backers/sponsors it would never happen.

Good luck with this, this could be huge!!

Grin 

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #11 on: Monday, 15 March, 2010, 11:06:02 AM »

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool to have business contacts like that...
Dennis_B
Forum Member only

« Reply #12 on: Friday, 23 December, 2011, 11:06:05 AM »

Simon:
What ever happened with this?
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #13 on: Friday, 23 December, 2011, 10:48:51 PM »

Hi Dennis,
                To make a short story shorter, David didn't buy the company because Paul Nelson has the 40' container stored with others at a specific site. It's 2 containers up and there's a decent fee to get it down, meaning David had to pay to see the contents of the container, which he chose not to.

As far as David's own company goes, you can read this thread for an update:

http://eurekacarclub.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,890.0.html

Simon

Dennis_B
Forum Member only

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, 28 December, 2011, 11:42:34 AM »

Any Idea what sort of $$$$ Paul was after?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: