The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 20 April, 2024, 11:46:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: .
WELCOME TO THE FORUM FOR THE PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB OF AUSTRALIA

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Bi-Monthly" Saturday Dinner get together in SA  (Read 11472 times)
magooster
PECCoA MEMBER

« on: Tuesday, 09 March, 2010, 08:05:12 AM »

Hi there
I have a suggestion for our next get together....whether that be in early April or early May...remeber there was talk of moving it to the even months instead of the odd...so the meets would not be mucked up by January/New Year's....you know it being in the "odd month" of January !
Anyways.....I am proposing...Saturday 10th April....weekend after Easter....say at 7 pm at the Birkenhead Tavern, Birkenhead (Port Adelaide).
Have a squizz......www.birkenheadtavern.com.au...let me know what you think...only thing is ...have to book about a month in advance....so I will need to hear back pretty soon so I can book.
Kaija

WYKED1
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, 09 March, 2010, 08:42:55 AM »

Kaija.

Book us in thanks X2
we actually have been having a get together every month so that the guys who miss out one month can make the other
so with that in april we need to look at May also
now Cheryl suggested The Tower at Magill so maybe she can look into that for May
james
magooster
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, 10 March, 2010, 11:30:28 AM »

ok....I shall ring them up and make a booking....for 25...ambitious Huh??......and adjust booking numbers closer to the date....sounds like a plan.....thanks.
Booking is made......pass the word around if you bump into or speak to anyone in the club !
Thanks...........
Racer93
Forum Member only

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, 16 March, 2010, 12:05:40 PM »

Hi Kaija,

Put us down for 3.

Cheers
Paul,Liz & Miki
magooster
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, 17 March, 2010, 01:51:31 AM »

Excellent....thanks for that.
How did you end up the other night after Clipsal?
Did you get to the concert at all?
It was great....  a truly classic Quo experience !!!!
Kaija
Racer93
Forum Member only

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, 17 March, 2010, 12:35:32 PM »

Felt very tired Monday, had a massive 3 days there,was doing  the flag marshalling.
The days were long but was great racing.
Went and saw Mental as Anything after the race....i think there getting on a bit,they were very average
but i like there music. Did you see Noiseworks?
cruetoone
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, 17 March, 2010, 01:30:31 PM »

mental as anything an noiseworks i wasn't aware these bands were still around   Shocked and i love music...Cheesy
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, 17 March, 2010, 03:56:24 PM »

Put me down for 2

Hey did not see you guys at CLIPSAL

I was in the RAAF tent for the whole 4 days plus set up the day before and pack up on Monday.

I got to the concert on the Sunday got lots of pics
Ian Moss, Noisworks AND STATUS QUO  Shocked
I was outside the oval standing on a waste bin with a telephoto lens good view Grin

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
magooster
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, 18 March, 2010, 01:04:28 PM »

Caught about half of the Noiseworks set...don't you worry...Jon Stevens has still got it...I don't reckon he will ever lose it !!!
Yes the bands are still around...you just have to keep your eyes and ears and wallet open!!
I think they may even have mentioned that they put out a recent album....coz he said here is one of our latest...cannot remember what it was called but it was not too shabby. They did a great version of Led Zeppelin's Rock'n'Roll as well..plus all their biggies.
And then there was Quo...wow...what did you think Phil ?...they are one of my all time favourites...probably my third fav band ever.
An outstanding performance in my eyes...but then they (my eyes) are slightly biased!
My friend and I bought our tickets just to see them..was it worth it.....was it what !!!!!
Thanks for the photos Phil...I will have to bug you for more...maybe....please....hahaha.
The numbers are building for the Dinner...maybe I will get some more recruits on Sunday afternoon.
Kaija
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, 18 March, 2010, 03:35:46 PM »

Here's another for you.
These are reduced in size. The originals are 7.4 mb
If you are very lucky I might put a disc together with the full size on it. might have it for Sunday
Quo were great. Loved the classic old stuff
here's Noiseworks

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
cruetoone
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, 18 March, 2010, 05:28:51 PM »

excellent photo's with the telephoto lens  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool i wasn't aware status quo were around too.. Grin
magooster
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #11 on: Friday, 19 March, 2010, 12:15:02 PM »

Phil.....
I have always said you are my favourite !!!!!
Yes....Quo were OUTSTANDING....and great as you said!
Thanks
Kaija
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: