The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 26 April, 2024, 06:43:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CUSTOMKITCAR Magazine  (Read 15842 times)
WYKED1
« on: Wednesday, 28 January, 2009, 10:59:04 AM »

We will have another write up in the next issue and again in the one after that with a bit of luck and I get him some more articles.

James
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #1 on: Friday, 30 January, 2009, 01:20:02 AM »

My next article on detailing is in too.
                                                   I'm about to write a new one on interiors. I'm going to suggest a few new things for Robert ( editor:CKC ) to start too, like a letters section. I know he's getting enough correspondence to justify one now.

I've got an idea of the audience the mag is aimed at and where he wants to go, but he needs some more mainstream ideas to help him get there.

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
cruetoone
« Reply #2 on: Friday, 30 January, 2009, 06:04:07 AM »

hey James ..

what's the topic in the up an coming CUSTOMKITCAR Magazine that you will be covering so maybe i can put something in ...
WYKED1
« Reply #3 on: Friday, 30 January, 2009, 09:12:25 AM »

Dave
I have to have articles ready to go into the next issue at the same time approx as you get the current issue so we have to stay on our toes now if you have any other articles please send them to us via the link on the main page of the club.
In answer to what is the article about whatya reckon Eureka's of course
so are you telling me you would be available to be the official pic taker in Mildura
and while I am on here we are more than willing to chat to you.
I think I will hint to Phil so as to have a night every week for us all to chat

James
cruetoone
« Reply #4 on: Friday, 30 January, 2009, 10:59:34 AM »

That never crosesed my mind it was going to be about eureka's i'm assuming now it's going to be about the southern event's mentioned lately ,[eg] hanging rock an those cruises..

i'm available but will i have the dollar's to travel to mildura only time will tell...fingers crossed
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, 05 February, 2009, 02:33:52 PM »

I'd have loved to get some photos into CKM, but it didn't help with my computer going the way of the dodo (or me just plain forgetting about it  Embarrassed).

I now have my new compy up and running, so I hope to have some photos of the MAD Show & Shine up in a few days.

Grin

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, 07 February, 2009, 04:54:17 AM »

cool hope it's a worthwhile wait..
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, 07 February, 2009, 02:53:35 PM »

I'll get onto it over the weekend. I've been on arvo's this week, and I've been concentrating on catching up on email and forums.   Wink

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, 14 February, 2009, 07:34:56 AM »

Busy Busy Busy ....
WYKED1
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, 14 February, 2009, 12:25:01 PM »

Spoke to Robert from Customkitcar today Friday 13th he informed me mag is at least a few weeks away.
He also informed me that it may be the last time it is avail through newsagents because of the hassle with them and also they absorb nearly all the profits from the sales.
He has said it will be maybe only available on line purchase or from subscription
I will keep you informed once I know more
One thing for sure guys we have to keep buying it.

james
brendo_83
Forum Member only

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, 14 February, 2009, 02:21:34 PM »

Personally I think taking it off the shelves is a step backwards, even if no money is made from selling in the newsagents at least it is advertising the mag, and hopefully encouraging people to get subscriptions. Also If I was an advertiser I would be very hesitant to spend my money advertising in an online only magazine. I'm sure Robert has already considered all of his options.
It would be a shame though, online is great and all, but alot of people still like to flick through mags at the newsagents.
cruetoone
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, 15 February, 2009, 12:31:41 AM »

couln't of said it better myself Brendo...
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, 15 February, 2009, 03:39:52 PM »

I believe James meant that you could buy it online or via subscription. Thus you'd still get a 'hard copy' to hold in your hands to read. At least that's the way I read what he said.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, 15 February, 2009, 11:18:58 PM »

my coffee must be decaf cause last time on the shelf because of hassles with the newsagents gave it away for me ..
WYKED1
« Reply #14 on: Monday, 16 February, 2009, 01:35:12 AM »

CYCO
once again you are correct
It will be avail in hard copy just got to order it online or subscription
kind of agree with Brenden seems like a step backward but then again its his money he forks out each issue and if you have hassles get a return it must make you think about all the effort in producing it for the Kit car scene
I will try to keep you guys up to date if things change and like I said before he's only thinking about it at the present time
thanks guys

james
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: