The Purvis Eureka Forum
Thursday, 25 April, 2024, 04:26:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: dale buggins eureka on you tube  (Read 14925 times)
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #15 on: Monday, 22 February, 2010, 12:20:47 AM »

914 I think.
                    Didn't know too much about them at that stage. I know it was a 2.2 or 2.4 litre air cooled and bolted straight up to my 'dub box. The whole package: engine and install cost me 2.8 gorillas (those were the days!).

Blew away every GT Falcon, Torana and Monaro in my Tafe class back then. Only guy faster than me was the owner of a black supercharged Mini Cooper S. Nobody got anywhere near him...

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

Why does every part need a modification or paint

« Reply #16 on: Monday, 22 February, 2010, 12:34:11 AM »

Yum
914 large amounts of torque bolts right up same set up to day $5-10k
Those cases are getting rare.
Heads on those were very deep breathers have heard pub storys of almost stock motors spinning to 8000 Rpm

Andrew

PS My motor is to be bigger than 2.4 and will need extra head studs ( You dont know it yet but you will be welding some stud bosses for me Smiley Smiley  Wink Wink)

"Just add the blower it will be fine" he said

Then all hell broke loose with large amounts smoke
mangolorry
Forum Member only

« Reply #17 on: Monday, 22 February, 2010, 09:29:58 AM »

There was a long road test story on Eurekas in Sports Car World magazine about 1979. The story began with them picking up the test car from United Sports Cars, the Sydney agent at the time. When the test car wasn't ready on time it was suggested they take another for a spin. They were less than complimentary about the noise from the hot 1835cc VW motor but the biggest shock for them was when they stopped at traffic lights outside the local girls high school. The playground went beserk with shouted offers of certain favours etc. The two middle aged road testers reckoned they were seriously unhinged by these young girls and couldn't understand their reaction. It wasn't untill they returned the car to the agent that they saw the name Dale Buggins painted on the side of the car.
cruetoone
« Reply #18 on: Monday, 22 February, 2010, 09:41:51 AM »

great story but it was probly more the car than the name... Grin
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #19 on: Monday, 22 February, 2010, 02:41:30 PM »

I'd say it was a little from both Dave, around that time Dale was pretty big here in NSW.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, 23 February, 2010, 09:55:32 AM »

yeah true he was the aussie evil kenivile... Cool Wink
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: