The Purvis Eureka Forum
Sunday, 28 April, 2024, 02:46:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: .
WELCOME TO THE FORUM FOR THE PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB OF AUSTRALIA

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AGM NATIONAL MEET 2010 - COFFS HARBOUR  (Read 55784 times)
redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #60 on: Friday, 22 October, 2010, 12:43:34 AM »

what rest stop mez ? if it's the 1 cyco's talking about it 1 hour backwards of newcastle
Mez
Treasurer
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #61 on: Friday, 22 October, 2010, 02:26:26 AM »

Ahh that won't work then lol. So we will catch up somewhere or kempsey maccas. I will call you later to try work it out.

I'm so  Huh? Hehe

Purvis Eureka: When whether it starts or not is secondary to how awesome it looks.
redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #62 on: Friday, 22 October, 2010, 12:09:36 PM »

ok all. I will be at Macc's Heatherbrae 9:30am,It on the right about 5km after you go over Hexham bridge(make sure you in the left lane abroaching hexham bridge to exit) If anyone needs fuel there's a petrol station on the left about 4 km after the bridge.
Cyco I will give you a call in the morning to see how you's are travelling.
only 1 MORE SLEEP!!(or try to sleep anyway Smiley)
....the stig

ireek
Forum Member only

« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, 26 October, 2010, 01:53:12 AM »

Hi

Just wanted to thank shonko and darren for a good weekend. And thanks to everyone for making it fun.

Anthony
redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, 26 October, 2010, 10:57:05 AM »

Hello all
A big thanks to all who attended from all over, some with Eureka's some without ,1 who started out with their eureka  but it had different ideas and some who flapped their wings  ,A good time was had by all I hope.
A BIG thanks to Shonko he did most of the work I just got everyone lost  .
It was good to catch up with old friends and meet some new ones.
And I hope everyone have or will arrive home safely and in shonko's case Very WET !! Tongue
.....Darren  
mr930
Forum Member only

« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, 26 October, 2010, 11:15:30 AM »

Where's the pics ?
redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, 26 October, 2010, 11:29:57 AM »

Hello Mark
I must be honest and say I took bugger all photo's spent to much time lost .
Dad took a heap I think.
There was a eureka with a mid mount ej using the subi gbox as well,He lives just up the hwy from you as well.
Sorry we didn't call in it was getting a little late when we went past.
...Darren  
shonko
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, 26 October, 2010, 02:36:08 PM »

Hi All, got home a couple of hours ago..........didn't leave Coffs until about 2pm (when the rain stopped)........got a little wet between Grafton and Ballina but mostly dry. Drove the last two hours in the dark following my new Rhino Buggy home on the trailer.....all of a sudden my shed is looking very small!!!!! Grin

Thanks to Darren, Mez, Simon for your assistance in preparation for the event..........wouldn't have been possible with out you. Thanks to Dragon too, for not toarching my reek when it broke down for the 3rd and 4th time in one day.........(didn't skip a beat on the way home, amazing what a new battery can do) Embarrassed

A BIG thanks to the people whom have provided positive feedback, as we are not "event managers" we are simply reek enthusiest doing the best we can.

See you guys on the forum and looking forward to seeing you again in Mildura...........

Regards
Shonko
Now where the hell is Bart and Coola-Coola..........(hic!)

Morris
CLUB Member

« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, 27 October, 2010, 11:39:20 AM »

Hi All
 The ever reliable Landcruiser ( who wants a reek) arrived home in Vic at lunch time today, 2904 Km trouble free! I have never done that in a rotary powered VW.
Thats enough complaining. I had a great week end thanks to Darren Shaun and their behind the scene helpers, on site coffee, great idea. A lot of new things to mention -- Space age gadjets, mini eureka, mid mount motor + lots more. If you could not get there you certainly missed out.
Roll on next year, how will the TROOPY go on a go-cart track???

Thanks to all Morris
Toxic-Rock
Forum Member only

« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, 27 October, 2010, 12:19:15 PM »

Hi Morris,

Diane's still ready to drag landcruiser's any time you're ready. She will even switch to LPG to make it a little more even. Kiss

Rock
StReek
Forum Member only

The StReek

« Reply #70 on: Thursday, 28 October, 2010, 12:01:38 PM »

Hey all,    glad to hear the weekend was a success and you all had fun..  Can't wait to hear some of the stories....

Sorry we couldn't be there, just wasn't an option for us unfortunately this year.  With all going well, and I sincerely hope it does, we will be at next year's meet with bells on and both cars better than ever.....

Rick if you are reading this, you too.   I will get the truck next year !!!!!!!

Both of our Reeks are out and proud for this summer season of driving around and showing off in the Adelaide Hills....can't wait to see the Adelaide crowd around the place.

Much love and best wishes to all of you....

REEK ON

S t R e e k   .  .      . 

There's no point applying the brakes when you're sliding on your roof...
midmount
CLUB Member

« Reply #71 on: Friday, 29 October, 2010, 07:00:30 AM »

Big Thank You 
 To everbody. Made myself, wife and kids feel very wecome. And well done
   To the organisers of the weekend,
                                                         Dave Midmount
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #72 on: Saturday, 30 October, 2010, 10:25:57 AM »

Ok, so I've finally logged on.  lol

When I got home and turned on the computer the transfer the photos from my camera to the computer, the computers power supply died in the arse. Ah well, what's an extra hundred or so $$ expense for October. lol  Only got it back late this afternoon. Photo's will come, just slowly as I'm on the arse end of broadband connection.

Was a ball of fun, met new people and saw new 'reeks. Andrew's mini 'reek was a blast. Had fun crusing around Coffs, and for once I didn't get too badly sun burned. My neck was the worst, and even that looked worse than it really way.

Weather wise it was great, aside from the rain on sunday evening/monday as previously mentioned. On the Sunday evening, I only put in the side windows with the screws and electrical tape, as I was hoping for fair weather on monday for the trip home. Wasn't to be, only a slight leak during the night. So I fitted the side windows properly with the rubber strip for the trip home. It was the first real test of side windows during rain, and overall they held up amazingly well.

I'll be slowly putting up the photos and videos I took over the next week or so. Just over 100 photos and a handful of short videos.

8]

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: