The Purvis Eureka Forum
Monday, 29 April, 2024, 01:26:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FIND US ON FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/groups/purviseureka/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AGM NATIONAL MEET 2010 - COFFS HARBOUR  (Read 55869 times)
redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #45 on: Friday, 15 October, 2010, 11:37:01 AM »

I was thinking of leaving at around 10am from kurri.stop at macca's at kempsi or where ever you and me stopped paul last time.
Toxic-Rock
Forum Member only

« Reply #46 on: Sunday, 17 October, 2010, 12:37:06 AM »

Hi Paul, and gang. I will be leaving tomorrow for Sydney. I will be towing as I am still having trouble getting the jetting right on my reek. I am staying at Forster till Friday. Perhaps I can get it right by next Friday. I have a 1916 VW with Dual HPMX's much the same as IDAs. If anyone else has had experience please share the knowledge. I have read several forums but they only help so much. Nothing like hands on. I have some jets but if anyone can help with bringing some others it would be much appreciated. I think I'm close. See you at the meet.

Regards

Rock
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, 19 October, 2010, 11:02:24 AM »

Gee's,
               It's getting a bit close you freaks. Is anyone going to lock in a meeting place for the Victorians and the NSWelschmen to meet up for a possible convoy into Coffs? Either that or it's every reek for himself!

I'd like to think there's security and a degree of coolness in numbers, kids.

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
Morris
CLUB Member

« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, 19 October, 2010, 10:25:49 PM »

Hi All
I believe the Victorians are spread out a bit with leaving times. Some have left already, some leaving Wed. some leaving Thur.
Cyco's idea that we meet at the Ourimbah Interchange Friday morning sounds ok to me. Those that have gone on ahead can be rounded up by phone on the way. I think the interchange is just north of Gosford. Cyco knows traveling times so its up to him to tell us when to be there.
  just my 2 bobs worth!

Morris     Ph. 0407 301829
shonko
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, 20 October, 2010, 02:21:38 AM »

Well people, it is that time of year again.........some of us are even already on there way (not directly) to the meet and the rest are busily making last minute preperations.

Officially we have 41 people attending and 14.5 Eurekas!!!!!.....who is bringing half a car I hear you say.....well I might be exagerating slightly. There is a scaled down version that lives in Coffs Harbour and the owner, Andrew, will be bringing it out for us to see.........so I am rounding it up to 15 Reeks!!!!!!! And it was nearly 17!

Some of may not have heard yet but our Secretary, Paul, has had to cancel last minute due to illness, and he is "not happy Jan" about it I can tell you...he had a mate lined up to bring both of his Eureka's to the show, now that is club dedication for you!!!....Get well soon Paul and we will see you in 2011.

For the rest of us travel safely and I will see you on Friday for a beer and a laugh (or two..... hic!)

BTW those travelling south from BNE, Phil in QLD has advised it is smooth sailing except for the road works for the bypass around Ballina, so take your time and take care. I think most of us are meeting up at Yatala BP at 9am anywho.............see you there!!!!!! woop woop....woop woop......woop woop!!!!!!
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, 20 October, 2010, 10:30:27 AM »

Ok, From The south side of Sydney to Gosford is roughly 2 hours depending on traffic. Gosford to Kurri Kurri (the Stig) is just on an hour from Gosford. Kurri to Coffs is about 5 hours, and that's with out a break or factoring in traffic.

So I'd say at the Ourimbah Interchange at around 8am - 9am at the latest. Then head north to pick up Darren, then onwards up to Coffs.

That should put us arriving at Coffs at roughly 3pm - 4pm.

No, I haven't worked out a route, and travel times are just going from Where Is.com

Those of you with a GPS unit, if you search for Ourimbah Rest Area (NSW) it should come up. The interchange clearly is marked and you have to bear left off the F3 and the rest area is just left again at the first roundabout (pretty much straight away off the exit ramp).

Thats it. For those from the south, maybe meet up at the end of the Hume Highway. 

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, 20 October, 2010, 11:04:30 AM »

I hope to get away about 9 am give or take from kurri.
I can wait just over the hexham bridge at tomago for a while if anyone lets me know if they want me to.
you can ring me on

Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, 20 October, 2010, 03:09:02 PM »

BTW those travelling south from BNE, Phil in QLD has advised it is smooth sailing except for the road works for the bypass around Ballina, so take your time and take care. I think most of us are meeting up at Yatala BP at 9am anywho.............

Hey Shonko

I will be an acting Queenslander on Friday, (so there will actually be TWO phils in Qld)

I plan to be in Brizvagas Thurs arvo and plan to drive down to Coffs Friday.
I presume your meet spot at Yatala is on Friday, if so, I'll try to catch yooos lot there. (minus Reek  Cry)

Please confirm

Regards

Philinsa(at the moment)

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, 20 October, 2010, 03:27:10 PM »

I hope to get away about 9 am give or take from kurri.
I can wait just over the hexham bridge at tomago for a while if anyone lets me know if they want me to.
you can ring me on

Certainly could.

How's this for a plan.

Whoever wants to meet at the Ourimbah Rest Area, we could then head to Tomago (mind you, I did have to look it up. lol), and catch up with Darren there. Probably arriving at Tomago around 10ish. Then onwards from Tomago to Coffs, which would still be around the 5ish hour drive.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

shonko
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, 20 October, 2010, 11:50:52 PM »

philinsa-er-qld, yes we will be meeting at the BP at 9am
cruetoone
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, 21 October, 2010, 05:46:18 AM »

guy's i wish i had some great news an say yes i will be in coffs but due to circumstances i am unable to control i can't be in coffs to snap up the excitement that  i had in 08 heres hoping for 2011 or 2012  ...
redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #56 on: Thursday, 21 October, 2010, 06:14:14 AM »

hexham is about 20mins from kurri if I swirve all over the road. so about 9:30 ish ,but ring if it's a go even if we don't meet there i woun't be far ahead and will be stopping at macca's kempsii for lunch,I will ring cyco around forster to see how far behind you are.
..dt
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #57 on: Thursday, 21 October, 2010, 10:41:01 AM »

I'm travelling up with Cyc- baby,
                                                      We're looking at being at the Ourimbah rest stop at 8:30 - 9:00, as estimated. Your welcome to meet up with us at that time. From there we'll be off to meet up with Darren and onwards from there.

Lets hope we can co-ordinate.

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
Philinsa
BB
Administrator

REEK38

« Reply #58 on: Thursday, 21 October, 2010, 04:30:48 PM »

Thanks Shonko

Will aim for that

Eureka, 1:1 Scale Model, no glue required, suitable for ages 38 & up. Caution: Confined Space, small parts enclosed. May induce hair loss. I have "Side Intrusion" Bars and "Roll" Bar on board but No "JC" Bars fitted.
Mez
Treasurer
CLUB Committee Member

« Reply #59 on: Thursday, 21 October, 2010, 10:26:28 PM »

We are staying in Newcastle tonight and we will be at the rest stop at 8.30 tomorrow morning.  Hopefully we can also catch up with Morris somwhere near Goulburn.

See you all tomorrow!

Purvis Eureka: When whether it starts or not is secondary to how awesome it looks.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: