The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 30 March, 2024, 12:48:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FIND US ON FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/groups/purviseureka/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PL30 Ford Turbo [ Not for sale now ,fitting 13b rotory]should be a keeper.  (Read 10584 times)
fast ed-05
Forum Member only

« on: Sunday, 14 February, 2010, 02:17:54 AM »

Hi all, I am selling a near finished restored Eureka. I got it up to Maryborough QLD from Sydney 3 years ago. I removed all panels,replaced both floorpans,striped all old paint off outside,ground out all stress cracks in gelcoat and glass,reglassed those areas,recoated the full body in Epoxy Primer {aircraft grade}and resprayed the body in Protec 2 pack red.

I am a trade Panel / Spraypainter in the business for 20 years so all work will last a very long time.

I have fitted a new windscreen and new rear screen and rubber.
It has 15x10s on back with new 12 inch rubber,15x8s on front with older tyres{need replacing}.
All 4 mags are brand new Globes { Performance } cost $1000.
Rear tyres cost $550.
Windscreen cost $500
GTX 77 qld plates if wanted $425 extra.
I have hand made neat rear wheelarch flares to legally cover back tyres.
Also made Countach Rear Wing on Carbon Fiber stands.

Motor is 1500 Ford with Turbo fitted.It starts easy and runs well.

I have put a custom Ferrari side scoop in right side of car,this can be duplicated to other side if wished or removed easy enough depending on personal preference. I can do that if wanted.Also has Lamons air scoop in bonnet. All wiring works but needs clean up .

Thing needed for Rego. New front tyres,dash instruments[fuel gauge,etc],Engine support bracket remade on Cert,Battery bracket and cover,Seat Belts.

Asking price is $8000 neg. To get price down I can replace wheels with standard 7x14 orig.globe mag and old tyres = $6500

More pics can be veiwed in Photobucket Members Rides,look for fast-ed-05 pics
tmerivale
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, 14 February, 2010, 02:34:04 AM »

this thing sounds half decent got any pics buddy?
fast ed-05
Forum Member only

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, 14 February, 2010, 03:12:24 AM »

yere coming soon as the upload thingamajig is sorted,1or 2 hours tops we hope.
fast ed-05
Forum Member only

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, 14 February, 2010, 03:18:52 AM »

a pic
fast ed-05
Forum Member only

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, 14 February, 2010, 03:40:49 AM »

another pic
cruetoone
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, 14 February, 2010, 04:00:34 AM »

i remember this eureka from the ole msn site very cool looking eureka Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool i admired it then if i only had the dollars i could own it now...
barab13
« Reply #6 on: Friday, 02 April, 2010, 02:21:47 PM »

hey fast ed  i have a work mate who may be interested in your car,do you still have it if so can you post a contact number   
                                    if posible  cheers  barab 13
fast ed-05
Forum Member only

« Reply #7 on: Monday, 05 April, 2010, 11:53:55 PM »

Hello Barab13, My car is still for sale. Ph. no. (07) 41221763.Ask for Ed .
barab13
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, 06 April, 2010, 02:22:54 AM »

heya fast ed  05          will pass it on ,good luck with sale ,should a,ve pm you early on in the week ,                                                would ave came along for the ride, long holiday weekend,no time for me back to the grined
                                                    cheers barab 13
fast ed-05
Forum Member only

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, 06 April, 2010, 02:49:58 AM »

Thanks Cheers Ed.
Scotty
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, 27 April, 2010, 02:51:07 PM »

Fast Ed,
I checked out your photos. Looks like you have been busy the past 3 years. Nice wheels.
Previous colour was blue, but your red is much better.
Was the 1500 Ford engine the same engine you got with the car? I ask because you say the engine support backet needs to be 'remade on certification'? So I am guessing you are trying to retro fit the Ford motor. What gearbox have you matched it to?
How much of the interior have you got? That is, what's missing?
You say it sarts easy and runs well, but is it driveable? Like - have you had it on the road, even just for a trial?
Scotty.
cruetoone
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, 28 April, 2010, 01:28:27 PM »

welcome to the forum scotty smick set of wheels you got your eyes on hope it works out well for ya getting it..
fast ed-05
Forum Member only

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, 29 April, 2010, 11:23:49 AM »

Hi Scotty, the motor is original as far as i know,the gearbox is standard. It is a very ordinary welding job on the engine frame,it,s OK but these days I would recon that you can,t slip much past MR. The value in this car is based on New Floor fitted,New Screen,Total Exterior Strip down Respray in 2 Pac, New Rims 10s and 8 inch, New 295 rear Rubber,all on a car that does drive around easy to work on. It was on the road for many years as it had a lot of chips and stress cracks in all the normal areas.

If anyone really wanted to put it on the road to use frequently, it shoud have new rings fitted in the motor, new rubber brake pipes. Any car of this age should have this done anyway. You only live once and these cars came out with 1 single chamber brake master cylinder. You loose pressure, you may loose your Life.
You need to spend a fair bit of money to get all the bits to make these cars into very fast , well handling cars. But they do have terrific potential .

I am not selling it because I want to. I am forced to sell as my son is going to UNI and I dont have much cash to pay for all the costs involved.

The dash needs a smaller speedo,tach, etc. All lights,wipers,parks,washer,roof hyd,lifter,indicators,etc are connected and working.

You need a few mech,skills and a few Grand to get it on the road.

Hope this helps you a bit. You really need someone to look personally, at any car really, to get a good idea of what you are buying.

CHEERS ED.
cruetoone
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, 29 April, 2010, 02:37:09 PM »

shame it's in Qld i would like to see it in person too..
Scotty
« Reply #14 on: Friday, 30 April, 2010, 04:45:39 AM »

ED,
Thanks for the reply.
I'm still looking around and doing the research, before I commit to my next project.
I live just a few hundred K's up the road from Maryborough. Mobile 0407744673.
Regards,
Scotty
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: