The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 20 April, 2024, 09:42:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: .
WELCOME TO THE FORUM FOR THE PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB OF AUSTRALIA

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 MAD show"n"shine 7/02/10  (Read 24151 times)
redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« on: Saturday, 23 January, 2010, 02:09:27 AM »

Hello all
The 2010 MAD show"n"shine is on again at swansea near newcastle,I will be there this show is allways a pretty good day
so if your coming let me know and I will save some room so we can all park together.
...Darren
CyCo

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, 23 January, 2010, 04:01:24 AM »

I should be free, so count me in.

Smiley

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, 02 February, 2010, 05:59:31 AM »

just a reminder this one is on this sunday comming,if your comming let me know and i will save a spot,as usual i'll
 be there early.
....Darren
CyCo

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, 02 February, 2010, 06:34:13 AM »

Count me in Darren.

Trying to get Simon & Andrew to come up to Swansea in the topic about the Tuggerah S&S, but I don't think I'm having much luck.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, 02 February, 2010, 08:25:38 AM »

Aaah hell,
                 I'll be there! Pick up a few new ideas and hand out a few business cards. Get me an address please guys.

Andrew? Where's my partner in crime.. errr, reeking?

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
Agroeureka
CLUB Committee Member

Why does every part need a modification or paint

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, 02 February, 2010, 09:23:04 AM »

Hi

Not going to be able to make it to this one

Still looking for a new job

Andrew

"Just add the blower it will be fine" he said

Then all hell broke loose with large amounts smoke
redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, 02 February, 2010, 10:27:57 AM »

here's some directions from sydney-central coast.
NESCA OVAL Galgabbee rd Swansea.so coming from Doyalson when you get to macca's round-about you go left then follow the old Pacific Hwy,
about 1 or 2 km and it's on the right. There should be signs there any way.
,,,Darren 0418268750
cruetoone
« Reply #7 on: Friday, 05 February, 2010, 02:13:39 PM »

could this event be cancelled due to rain ...cause i had seen it on the event's calendar a long while back but i think it's been taken off  but i don't remember which one i saw it on .. Undecided
CyCo

« Reply #8 on: Friday, 05 February, 2010, 03:00:38 PM »

Haven't heard anything Dave. As far as I know, it's still on. I don't think Iv'e ever seen it on the Show & Shine site, but it's usually on Pinky's site.

Address/directions;

Bargoed House,Galgabbee Rd, Old Pacific Hwy Swansea (south of Newcastle).

Basically, head north on the F3 until you get to the Doylson/Budgeowi turn off. Take that and head up along the Pacific Highway for about 20k's. Keep going until you get to a large roundabout with a McDonalds on the left, just after the road immediately left at the roundabout (your friendly GPS would say something like "take the first left at the next roundabout). By this stage you should see plenty of HotRods, mini trucks, Mustangs, Corvettes, Packards, MG's etc. Stay on that same road you just turned onto (the McD's will now be on your right, unless you pulled in there for breakfast) for about 1k. There should be a que to turn right into the bush. 

It says $5 for all vehicles, but I'm not sure it that's for those vehicles participating in the S&S, or as well as lookers on. It could be a gold coin donation for spectators. Not sure.

Pay the man at the gate, and creep along the track (especially in a low slung 'reek. lol). Parking for spectators is just before the actual oval. Keep an eye out for any 'reeks you see. If Darren manages to get our 'traditional' spot, it will be along the access track under the trees near the water, but on the oval side.

Darren, know if Anthony is going to take his 'reek out of mothballs?

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #9 on: Friday, 05 February, 2010, 04:56:16 PM »

ohh i have seen that notice an cheer's for the link.... Cool
CyCo

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, 06 February, 2010, 03:34:13 AM »

Not a prob Dave.

Looks like you've been watching the news more than I have. It's raining here now on the CC. And I just looked at the Bureau of Meteorology site.

Forecast for the weekend;

Forecast for Saturday
Rain periods, possibly moderate to heavy at times, and a few thunderstorms. Humid. Light to moderate southeast winds tending east
to northeast.

Precis:  Rain periods/thunderstorms.  
City:  Min:   22  Max:   25
West:  Min:   21  Max:   27

Sunday    Showers. Chance thunderstorm.
City:  Min:   22  Max:   25
West:  Min:   20  Max:   27

They're also saying that the Hunter region will have between 15mm to 25mm of rain Sunday.

Darren, can you keep us updated if it's on or postponed (the 15th according to their flyer), I'll be checking early sunday if it's still on or not.  

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

redreek(the stig)
CLUB Member

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, 06 February, 2010, 04:24:04 AM »

I was going to ring the fellow up and see if it is still on(i hope it is because the 14th is no good for me)they have stuffed up 15th is the monday.
anyway will let you's know.
...Darren
cruetoone
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, 06 February, 2010, 05:04:42 AM »

it's been raining since tuesday night  down here last night the winds picked up an the thunder kicked in an a blackout occured an rain bucketed down towards midnight last night. Afro
CyCo

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, 06 February, 2010, 04:36:16 PM »

Ah, of course the 15th is the monday, 14th (valentines) is the sunday. Bad day to have the S&S one too.

We've had some rain during the week Dave, but not that much, unless you count this afternoon, Full thunderstorm, most of the local traffic lights were down, blackouts scattered around the place. Lasted maybe 2 hours then blew it self out. Man was it muggy after that. Still is.

Thanks for that Darren, I'll be keeping an eye on the forums for the update.  Wink

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, 06 February, 2010, 11:31:06 PM »

I can't make this now.
                                     Besides the weather being a large factor, I have a big industry rep (HKS!! OMG! (falls to the ground and grovels pathetically) ) coming to inspect a full carbon fibre race car in my workshop on the Sunday (the WRX, Andrew!).

The car is an extreme dollar/no limits example being built for one purpose: to win the first international Time Attack series taking place in Oz in May. There are a few major sponsors on board for this project already but the main guy is tommorrow.

My business name will be all over this car. I was going to upload a pic of it but security begs me different. Apologies for the bad timing but I'm thinking there's a large chance the Mad Show and Shine will be rained out anyway. Sorry guys.

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: