The Purvis Eureka Forum
Saturday, 27 April, 2024, 06:12:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: different styled roof?  (Read 13668 times)
tmerivale
« on: Saturday, 02 January, 2010, 01:37:27 PM »

Hi guys, just want to wish you all a Happy New Year, and trust you all have remained safe.

In my opinion if you want a car buy it, but don't change it to be another car. I know a lot of people out there don't have a problem with doing so, but its not my cup of tea.

Now with that being said has anyone thought of modifying their targa roof to making it a gull wing job? I mean surely it couldn't be that hard if you REALLY was interested. A bit of mucking around yeah no worries but it would truely be a one of a kind job yeah? Obviously you would need to strengthen the roof significantly through the center making the car heavier but hey its unique. Only problem then is there would more than likely be no opening windows what so ever, but it could probably be done with even more work.

(yes i did watch back to the future last night and it got the old thing ticking inside my head.) Eurekas look so much better than the DMC12 that the Delorean Motor Company built. Personal opinion they kind of look similar to the old celicas in shape. Only thing that makes people say WOW is the doors. Eurekas on the other hand have such a beautiful body shape with gorgeous curves.

Opinions are much sort after, but please no attacks in regards to MY opinion if its not constructive.
Cheers

Trev
shipy59
Forum Member only

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, 02 January, 2010, 02:39:20 PM »

And lose the lifting roof wow factor ???not for me!that is what sold me on these things(cars)(beautys) Cool

Its gone but not forgotten
tmerivale
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, 02 January, 2010, 03:10:02 PM »

Our roofs are something else i agree, i wouldn't want to do it with my car, but i just thought of it and maybe someone would like to do it.

Keep coming back with your thoughts guys!
bushboy
Forum Member only

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, 02 January, 2010, 07:14:32 PM »

It's already been done & they called it an Eagle.  Check out euro-nova.co.uk

bushboy
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, 03 January, 2010, 03:28:38 AM »

Yeah, check out the Eagle, Eagle SS, or Cimbria on the net. Basically the Nova/Eureka/Stirling body but with gull wing doors instead of the canopy. There should be a couple of vids linked in the YouTube section.

As far as I know of, they were never made here in Oz, but I do know of at least one here in Oz. It's long disappeared, and I occasionally hunt for it. It was near where I grew up, but never saw it. Did see a 'reek though. Sometimes this world just proves how small it is.

Hmm, for that matter, there's also a Sebring (the Canadia connection) here in Oz too.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

tmerivale
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, 03 January, 2010, 03:33:24 AM »

yeah its similar to what i was thinking but with the eagles the doors go all the way down to pretty much the floor, with our roofs it would make the doors much shorter. Everyone is different and thats what makes the world goes round but yeah i still much prefer our roof, just throwing ideas up if anyone was interested.
mr930
Forum Member only

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, 03 January, 2010, 06:10:20 AM »

There was one(white) in Brisbane 19 yrs ago fitted with Gullwing type doors.
Looked like a real pain to work on anything under the dash.
Was sitting by the road with a For Sale sign when I saw it.
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, 03 January, 2010, 11:47:23 PM »

Yeah,
           I spoke to the guys that built the gull wing reek about that time. They offered to do the same thing to my current reek (lol! My roof was already 'glassed down at the time). They were very experienced dudes though who opened the Riot kit car factory and struggled with the ADR's for awhile. A shame.

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
tmerivale
« Reply #8 on: Monday, 04 January, 2010, 05:35:35 AM »

Mr930, that does sound like it probable would be, near on have to be a contortionist im guessing, haha.

Simon, transport authorities can be a bit of a pain (although never had experience with them just stories), but i suppose they are their for a reason, for OUR safety. I suppose if we ever have an accident we will be very thankful that the ADR aren't any slacker.
cruetoone
« Reply #9 on: Monday, 04 January, 2010, 11:40:35 AM »

i could sure use a flux capacitator redo the last four year's ... Lips Sealed
tmerivale
« Reply #10 on: Monday, 04 January, 2010, 12:44:20 PM »

lmao dave, you need to get to 88mph, at the moment i cant do that, my legs cant get my push bike to that speed so i am no help Sad only 6 and a half weeks to go and then i can take you in my ho ho at 88mph hmmm cant do that one again thats what happened last time and i got done.

No offence Dave but i think youre a bit older than marty... he was only 17... somehow i dont think youd be quite as old as doc... hmmmm all you need is lots and lots of buttons in the dash and some stainless steel panels, your flux capacitor that you will aquire and then back to 2005 you go.
(i wish it was that easy for ya dave)
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #11 on: Monday, 04 January, 2010, 10:18:05 PM »

Hmmm.
             You can buy flux capacitor replicas you know...

Simon

He's out there, somewhere, hoping to finish his reek before he's too old to drive it....
tmerivale
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, 05 January, 2010, 07:24:09 AM »

Thats crazy, surely that cant be right, lol. Ah well i suppose they make anything these days hey? some people will buy anything too.
Im still laughing. thats just weird. does it look just like the one used in back to the future?
The Metalsmith
PECCoA MEMBER

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, 05 January, 2010, 11:03:24 AM »

Yep,
        A spot on copy of the one in the movie. I was watching one of those Oz lifestyle shows and in the foreground of this guys' lounge room there's one buzzing happily away.

I checked Ebay at the time and there was a couple for sale in the US. If I had the money I'd still buy one!

Simon

cruetoone
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, 05 January, 2010, 12:14:49 PM »

oh no i am never offended but to sell a knockoff uhh only in america ....
besides it's only a movie ... Shocked
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: