The Purvis Eureka Forum
Sunday, 28 April, 2024, 12:06:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: .
WELCOME TO THE FORUM FOR THE PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB OF AUSTRALIA

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: my old car,hows it going?  (Read 4895 times)
shipy59
Forum Member only

« on: Tuesday, 29 December, 2009, 02:53:10 AM »

Hi all,have not posted here in a very long while but have been looking recently.just wondering how my old SPARKLES is going.Not good with names but sure it was Paul/speedracer96 ? that has her.(sorry cant remember his wifes name that bought it for him.bad memory) hows motor going? aircon? cooling? any issues?
On a side note when i sell my 79 vett i will be doing another one ,but can only find flatscreen copys. Has anyone converted flatscreen to pl30/f4 screens,pics?  Huh?   Also the price of regoed beetles here $2,000 up Shocked Shocked

Its gone but not forgotten
shipy59
Forum Member only

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, 29 December, 2009, 03:28:04 AM »

Hi Paul and Liz just posted and found the message 10 seconds after.Good to hear the reek is going well. I had all intentions of pulling body of and redoing gauges,heater box,wiring,rad to front, carpet but budget was not there at that time.
Yes vett is up for sale $25k or there abouts,LHD needs some paint touchups/repairs(in paint),trans service,sump gasket,etc.
Have you ever been ? about rego, Engine?  Was one car that i really regretted selling,dont regret buying vett but just wish my job allowed me to run it more(tripple the fuel of reek) would be like feeding your camaro.

Its gone but not forgotten
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, 29 December, 2009, 04:59:29 AM »

Hi Shippy!

Windscreens for our 'Reeks now run about $400 - $500, which is a lot better than previously. If you want more info about flat screen conversion, hit up Darren (redreek), he had to convert his to a flat screen as there wasn't any other option for him at the time.

Yes, Beetles are pulling in the $$$ these days. Keep an eye out for one with a bad body, but sound chassis. Should be a better price.

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

cruetoone
« Reply #3 on: Monday, 04 January, 2010, 11:46:04 AM »

gee im always wondering how my old reek is too never thought to start a discussion on it... Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: