The Purvis Eureka Forum
Friday, 26 April, 2024, 11:39:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: PURVIS EUREKA CAR CLUB WEB SITE
http://www.purviseurekacarclub.com.au

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: spoted in victoria  (Read 12479 times)
cruetoone
« on: Saturday, 26 December, 2009, 11:15:17 AM »

back on sale again.

http://yahoo.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=7991950&__sid=125C773E8C0D&__Qpb=true&Cr=0&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32%7c1%7c%7cpCar_PriceSort_Decimal%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Make_String%7c0%7c%7cpCar_Model_String%7c0&keywords=&__N=1216%201246%201247%201252%201282%204294881360&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=1&silo=1011http://
tmerivale
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, 26 December, 2009, 12:43:23 PM »

G'day guys, I actually live in Sunbury where this car is supposably garaged, ive never seen it, i might see if i can have a chat with the owner sometime soon. if i do ill let you guys know what i have come up with.

Trev
tmerivale
« Reply #2 on: Friday, 29 January, 2010, 10:07:00 AM »

Ive finally spoken with the owner of the eureka here in sunbury just now and if all goes well he will call me on sunday so i can have a look at the car and be able to give more info to you guys! if there are any specific questions anyone wants please post them here at the latest saturday night and hopefully i can get the answers for you. any photos of specific things that you guys want if he allows me to take photos ill get them too. just let me know.

To do the right thing i have told him im not interested in buying his car, but am willing to have a look and put more info up here.
WebGoat
aka Paul Patton.
Administrator

Morph, Goat, Reek, whatever.....

« Reply #3 on: Friday, 29 January, 2010, 01:51:33 PM »

G'day Trev,

Say g'day to Morrie for me when you get there and wish him all the best with selling it.  He's a nice bloke.  Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with the car, it basically just needs a tidy up as it was a really nice example in it's heyday.

We'd all appreciate it if you could take some decent photos of it and post them here too.

PP.
aka The WebGoat

Caution: This product may contain nuts!
cruetoone
« Reply #4 on: Monday, 01 February, 2010, 09:51:48 AM »

how'd it go..
tmerivale
« Reply #5 on: Monday, 01 February, 2010, 10:02:49 AM »

mmmm... next question...
when i spoke to him he said he will call me when he is free today, still no phone call. ah well i suppose all you can do is try. i told him that i would put more detailed info on the eureka forum then whats on car point or car sales or whatever it is he has advertised in and he asked whats that?
i dunno, dont get me wrong im not trying to run him down in anyway, i hope it hasnt come across that way.

if he calls me i will go around and take some pics, but im not holding my breathe.
cruetoone
« Reply #6 on: Monday, 01 February, 2010, 10:06:34 AM »

no don't do that a nasty shade of blue you will turn. Tongue
tmerivale
« Reply #7 on: Monday, 01 February, 2010, 10:17:47 AM »

LOL, funnily enough he just called me now!!! hopefully i will see it this friday, will keep you guys posted!
eager to see it myself!

changing from blue to a bright shade of red lol
going back to an almost death white cause im pale as a ghost normally

webgoat what is your first name if you don t mind me asking that way i can tell him you say hi even if its a nick name that he knows you as
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #8 on: Monday, 01 February, 2010, 11:00:53 AM »

webgoat what is your first name if you don t mind me asking that way i can tell him you say hi even if its a nick name that he knows you as

He usually goes by Webgoat, but, in dark alleyways and back rooms, he's been known to be called..... Paul.

Shh! Quiet!! I think someone's coming!!!

*runs away and hides*

Tongue

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

tmerivale
« Reply #9 on: Monday, 15 February, 2010, 08:56:58 AM »

Ok so ive now seen morrie's eureka and i will post some pics but i want input as to where i should post them, i have 16 photos, not sure if a new photo bucket thing within the sites account is good, or just put them here or put them in my section of the photo bucket site... ill leave it up to you guys to work out where you want them and will post them next weekend.

At the moment the car has current vic rego (until july i think). its a little dirty needs a good clean. it does have a mazda rx2 in it that is naturally aspirated. i believe original seats or they are copies. it has the gorgeous 14in bathurst globes wrapped in 245 tyres on the back and 235s on the front so id imagine that they would be 7inch wide rims with bf goodrich white lettering.... big plus, i like this style Smiley yokies are better but, i guess they are like hens teeth but, maybe even rarer these days, depending on the size you are chasing. it has a hydraulic targa roof. Also has a cassette player, probably original otherwise it would be cd player i guess. the car is a maroonish color and has matching carpet inside. the paint definitely needs some serious attention if you wanted it as a car show car. the color is fine, its more so the paint chips that is an issue. there are quite a few. he struggled to open the bonnet to show the spare tyre and battery so it might need some new locks, but that isnt a great deal to worry about really.

if you were after a car that you can drive now but want to do it up a bit, this would be ideal. i did go for a 5 minute spin in it, but he didnt thump it, so i cant really tell you how hard it pulls. i noticed it was a bit rattley from the side windows. Now just to clear this up this is the first reek ive seen that has actually been up and running, and first ive ever been in, so therefore i cant say if its more than normal or not. id imagine a small strip on the edge with rubber could fix most of this issue, both on the perspex and the car. the targa push out pieces i feel could have something a bit more heavy duty to hold them into place which would seal the car up nicely.

IM NOT RECOMMENDING TO BUY THIS CAR NOR AM I DISCOURAGING ANYONE FROM IT.
at the end of the day its your choice how much dedication you wish to have to the car.
just like when you buy a 10 year old car there are things that need some attention.
I also am not a mechanic and i know nothing about rotary's but according to morrie he has had the engine rebuilt. if your interested in it  im sure he would be happy to hear from you. i am happy to forward your mobile number to him if you wish, but he did say he works night shift so bare that in mind that he would sleep during the day a bit. i met him at 3pm if that helps.

End of my waffling, sure you guys are sick of reading all my yada yada yada.
cruetoone
« Reply #10 on: Monday, 15 February, 2010, 09:12:18 AM »

great job on the info .. you can email the photo's to me  i'd  like to see them ...
i can't speak for preference of where to post them here or on the photobucket.
may be 1 or 2 of the best here for the storys sake  Undecided
tmerivale
« Reply #11 on: Monday, 15 February, 2010, 09:23:20 AM »

thanks mate, i know it took a while, most of it was me being slack, i said on christmas day that id try to catch up with him. gee time goes quick doesn't it!
Just loading pics from my phone to my comp now
cruetoone
« Reply #12 on: Monday, 15 February, 2010, 09:49:52 AM »

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool pictures ... 545kb for a place to put them  Undecided
CyCo
CLUB Member

« Reply #13 on: Monday, 15 February, 2010, 12:32:13 PM »

Excellent work!!

Hmm, I think it would be ok for you to upload the photos to the clubs PhotoBucket site, just put them in a new directory, something like Morrie's 'Reek would be fine. If the new owner isn't already on this site and he comes here and joins us, he can rename the folder then.

8]

Eureka? Youbetcha!   8]

tmerivale
« Reply #14 on: Monday, 15 February, 2010, 12:56:17 PM »

its still yet to be sold but will see how long it takes before he does sell it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: